The Falkirk FC Thread

Genuine question. If there was a manager none of us had heard of in, say, Malta, the Channel Islands, Faroe Islands or some place like that, and he got the job based on his successes there...would you be OK with that?

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Genuine question. If there was a manager none of us had heard of in, say, Malta, the Channel Islands, Faroe Islands or some place like that, and he got the job based on his successes there...would you be OK with that?

Their ability as a coach I probably wouldn't coach. The Faroes for example are one of the small countries who improving and there domestic set up seems to be improving and is rather sustainable. The fact there knowledge of Scottish football would be heavily reliant on Holt and Corrzo would be the factor giving me concern. 

Edited by latapythelegend

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

The man had an illness ffs and has done very well to turn that around. I've been affected by the same thing he did and if you don't give somebody the chance and support to turn it around then your not really worth working for. Credit to Hamilton for giving him that support. If Rice happened to apply for the role and if he got interviewed, his past problems would not even be up for discussion.

Good post and I hope you are over your illness mate 👍.

I don’t want Rice as our manager/1st team coach but purely for footballing reasons.

I really don't know who I want for head coach. I was happy with Hartley when he was appointed and I was happy with McKinnons hiring. I was right behind M&M to start with also. This just shows how useless I am at predicting the future. I have not applied and was not contacted

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I really don't know who I want for head coach. I was happy with Hartley when he was appointed and I was happy with McKinnons hiring. I was right behind M&M to start with also. This just shows how useless I am at predicting the future. I have not applied and was not contacted

Martin Rennie for me but that's as realistic a shout as McInnes or Robinson.

From the names mentioned I'm warming to a Stuart Taylor/Peter Grant combo for some reason.

11 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

This is it for me too, which is why I stay relatively quiet on bashing the board. A fair few of the decisions they’ve made in recent history I’ve backed (at least initially). Apart from binning the academy - disastrous. 

Houston I felt had lost the dressing room, accelerated by his announcement he was leaving at end of season - I backed him to go.

Backed Hartley’s appointment, and he gave us the best performances we’ve seen since housty’s departure - 6-1 v Dundee United etc. Okay, the “Brentford model” was a joke but how much say did he have. 

I backed his sacking as again he was culpable for a lot of the dross signed, given he was manager. 

I remember getting McKinnon and thinking wow we’ve pulled one out there, as Morton had won 4/5 in the league and the rest of the shortlist was the real dross - jim McIntyre, coyle etc. 

He took us down then struggled fairly badly for a couple of months in league 1 - fair enough, get rid, and get in someone who could rejuvenate the fans as the club was at an all time low - coaches M&M, maybe. 

100% they should’ve been gone quicker when it was clear to anyone who knows football that they were so so so so out of their depth. In saying that, it really is difficult in a board position to sack managers who are top of the table. It shouldn’t be the way that it is if it was clear to all what was coming but it is. 

18 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

This is it for me too, which is why I stay relatively quiet on bashing the board. A fair few of the decisions they’ve made in recent history I’ve backed (at least initially). Apart from binning the academy - disastrous. 

Houston I felt had lost the dressing room, accelerated by his announcement he was leaving at end of season - I backed him to go.

Backed Hartley’s appointment, and he gave us the best performances we’ve seen since housty’s departure - 6-1 v Dundee United etc. Okay, the “Brentford model” was a joke but how much say did he have. 

I backed his sacking as again he was culpable for a lot of the dross signed, given he was manager. 

I remember getting McKinnon and thinking wow we’ve pulled one out there, as Morton had won 4/5 in the league and the rest of the shortlist was the real dross - jim McIntyre, coyle etc. 

He took us down then struggled fairly badly for a couple of months in league 1 - fair enough, get rid, and get in someone who could rejuvenate the fans as the club was at an all time low - coaches M&M, maybe. 

100% they should’ve been gone quicker when it was clear to anyone who knows football that they were so so so so out of their depth. In saying that, it really is difficult in a board position to sack managers who are top of the table. It shouldn’t be the way that it is if it was clear to all what was coming but it is. 

Just hope that Jim McIntyre is not in the frame again !  An awful lot of people talking him up as a possibility at the moment. 

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I know that you know who DF is. Do you think that DF knows that I know that you know who DF is? I think so.

Little does he know that I know that she knows that I know she’s two timing me. That’s my final word on the matter.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think the Rawlins definitely need to be given time to get their feet under the desk properly. Let's face it they haven't been able to get over here due to covid so when they do that will make a  big difference. At the moment all they've been fed is complete tosh by deans and his crew about how everything is hunky dory. They need to see the mess with their own eyes and hear about the issues from people out with Deans's cabal.  I certainly haven't heard anything from the crunchie boys that would point the finger at Rawlins for the issues they have faced.  Local bod members causing all the issues there I think.

I don’t really want to go in to detailed issues with the CI however it would be fair to say relationships with us and the board are not as they would portray in their statement. The Rawlins have been a part of it but they may have been getting fed misinformation from certain members of the board.

We’ve had a couple of strong emails that have left us gobsmacked and clueless as to what has driven them. Just a few weeks ago too there was a board decision, led by the chairman, which was completely unjust and quite frankly childish and bullish in its nature. Not the behaviour we’d expect from a board of directors. We’ve sought answers but no proper explanation has been received.  The only thing left would be to go public with it all but to be honest I’m not sure if it’s worth the fight. We’ve kept our dealings private and I haven’t said anything against the club the whole time until recently. 

The problem is that it wouldn’t matter what we say, it will quickly dissipate and just be put down to one of those things like the many other incidents. The board play this to their advantage as the reality is that most people just don’t care about the governance of the club. 

One thing is, when you start dealing with the club you begin to realise why we are where we are! If the Rawlins don’t turn it around and reshape the board then they are just as culpable.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

McCall confirmed on our official website that Williamson has signed a pre contract elsewhere which he said was pretty well known about so that more or less confirms he's Falkirk bound unless the new manager doesn't fancy him.

Remember, he’s a new coach. How much of a say he or she will have on signing players is pretty much an unknown. If this guy arrives, is he stamped as a Holt signing? You would think so, but probably nothing will be said until he proves to be sound or rubbish. If he is great, Deans will be responsible. If he is awful, Holt will be responsible.

Thats how these things tend to work.

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I don’t really want to go in to detailed issues with the CI however it would be fair to say relationships with us and the board are not as they would portray in their statement. The Rawlins have been a part of it but they may have been getting fed misinformation from certain members of the board.

We’ve had a couple of strong emails that have left us gobsmacked and clueless as to what has driven them. Just a few weeks ago too there was a board decision, led by the chairman, which was completely unjust and quite frankly childish and bullish in its nature. Not the behaviour we’d expect from a board of directors. We’ve sought answers but no proper explanation has been received.  The only thing left would be to go public with it all but to be honest I’m not sure if it’s worth the fight. We’ve kept our dealings private and I haven’t said anything against the club the whole time until recently. 

The problem is that it wouldn’t matter what we say, it will quickly dissipate and just be put down to one of those things like the many other incidents. The board play this to their advantage as the reality is that most people just don’t care about the governance of the club. 

One thing is, when you start dealing with the club you begin to realise why we are where we are! If the Rawlins don’t turn it around and reshape the board then they are just as culpable.

This is what I was inferring to on a previous post. I think you will find that this is just the tip of the iceberg !

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I have genuinely no idea why people would want Rice as a manager.

See previous league winning managers for this division - John McGlynn, Dick Campbell, Jim Duffy. Being bald and having at least a working knowledge of the standard of player required to win League One is 90% of the battle.