The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

No sense letting fans in for the first few pre season games especially in covid times. We'll maybe get a highlights reel if we perform well. All clubs usually tend to do closed door friendlies to start off so by the time there's a game fans can get in the managers had a chance to sort the team out a little. We only have 15 players currently so Sheerin will most likely want to take a look at a few trialists. 

Good chance to use these as test events for the coming season surely.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The next best option would have been to hold an online Zoom, however there are several downsides to doing this.  Firstly, it comes at additional cost to do a live webinar.  Secondly, creating an ‘open’ Zoom where anyone can attend and interact has its downsides. How do we know the individuals present are Falkirk fans?  How can we stop them if they decide to disrupt the event and thus force it to be postponed or cancelled?  In our view this seemed a needless risk to take. You also mentioned transparency, but that works both ways and an online and publicly accessible forum means that individuals can join anonymously, and we have no transparency on who is asking us questions.

Amongst a reply that is nothing but complete and utter bullshit, I found the parts highlighted in bold particularly confusing.

Surely the cost of holding an open and transparent live Q&A session with your fanbase is irrelevant given the Club is in a position to turn away £600k of investment. We’re obviously awash with cash, no?

Secondly, the fu*king board aren’t even Falkirk fans! You couldn’t mark these w*nkers necks with a blow torch.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If Colin's running this that means his beloved Hibs obviously aren't playing that night.

What a pile of crud  though. It's obvious they do not want it to be any sort of debate but simply an enforcing of the party line where they can say whatever they want without being questioned upon it by those that can actually corroborate their answers or not. Complete farce.

Is Colin a Hibs fan? How do you know that?....just out of curiosity.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

With the club already pleading poverty, you really think we're going to fork out money on test events?

Is that a “we” or a “they”?

if the cost is only £150 then yes the club should be forking out. I’ll pay for the fecking thing.

Guest Caractacus Potts

What’s Colin’s position on the board? 

That’s an absolute joke of a reply if he thinks those reasons are in any way credible. 

Not sure if that ground hog day is aimed at people like myself but hopefully the ground hog day remark is with regards to the board. They really can’t help themselves! 

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

What’s Colin’s position on the board? 

That’s an absolute joke of a reply if he thinks those reasons are in any way credible. 

Not sure if that ground hog day is aimed at people like myself but hopefully the ground hog day remark is with regards to the board. They really can’t help themselves! 

Probably towards the people who regurgitate the same things every single day without actually doing anything about it.

2 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Is that a “we” or a “they”?

if the cost is only £150 then yes the club should be forking out. I’ll pay for the fecking thing.

It's a 'we' just like I said. Like when someone asks me what division Falkirk are in I'll say 'we're in the 3rd division of scottish football' 

Because I feel affiliated to my club not because I'm Martin Ritchie.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Probably towards the people who regurgitate the same things every single day without actually doing anything about it.

What can be done though? Highlighting their constant wrongdoings is one and not buying a season ticket another. 

12 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Is Colin a Hibs fan? How do you know that?....just out of curiosity.

Come on now guys. Enough is enough with this patter. 

BPM, myself & others on here no doubt have known that family long enough to know that’s nonsense. I’ve been to watch Swansea a number of times, does that mean I’m not a Falkirk fan?

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Come on now guys. Enough is enough with this patter. 

BPM, myself & others on here no doubt have known that family long enough to know that’s nonsense. I’ve been to watch Swansea a number of times, does that mean I’m not a Falkirk fan?

Since when did Swansea play in the Scottish Leagues?  I’m intigued by the comment as it should have some substance. Finally just because his dad is a true 100% FFC who I have the utmost respect for and was shabbily treated by the club, doesn’t mean to say Colin isn’t a Hibs man

2 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Since when did Swansea play in the Scottish Leagues?  I’m intigued by the comment as it should have some substance. Finally just because his dad is a true 100% FFC who I have the utmost respect for and was shabbily treated by the club, doesn’t mean to say Colin isn’t a Hibs man

3 people in 30mins accuse him & others on the board of not supporting the club. I don’t believe it or buy it. Other than Rawlins & Deans I mean, who I very much doubt was ever a Falkirk supporter. 

Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

What can be done though? Highlighting their constant wrongdoings is one and not buying a season ticket another. 

I totally agree with the majority said about the board. When you read them every day it tends to become tedious. To be fair it makes you enjoy the actual football chat more.

Who cares about the Hibs thing anyway?  I've no reason to believe or have even seen any evidence that he is a Hibs fan (as far as I'm aware he's been a pretty regular ST holder at Falkirk) and, even if he was, the only thing that should matter is his competence as a director.  

The main focus should be that the email he sent to @Bairn in Exile is a complete and utter minter of a statement.   It's just another example of the board trying to gaslight the fans.

Edited by joozy

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

3 people in 30mins accuse him & others on the board of not supporting the club. I don’t believe it or buy it. Other than Rawlins & Deans I mean, who I very much doubt was ever a Falkirk supporter. 

I never accused him of not supporting Falkirk. I’ve asked for the substance of the “Hibs” quote.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If Colin's running this that means his beloved Hibs obviously aren't playing that night.

What a pile of crud  though. It's obvious they do not want it to be any sort of debate but simply an enforcing of the party line where they can say whatever they want without being questioned upon it by those that can actually corroborate their answers or not. Complete farce.

This first line is utter nonsense. I may not agree with the approach being taken here but I have known Colin McFarlane for years and he is 100% a Falkirk fan. 

10 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Falkirk fans want what’s best for the Club. None of these charlatans are putting the Club before their own self-interest. They are no fans of Falkirk, let’s not insult the ones who really care by suggesting otherwise.

Edited by MSG GTF!

5 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I never accused him of not supporting Falkirk. I’ve asked for the substance of the “Hibs” quote.

I didn’t say you did. It was a previous poster. But you questioned it when I think you already know the answer to your own question. Just a hunch and if I’m wrong I’ll not lose sleep over it. 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

I didn’t say you did. It was a previous poster. But you questioned it when I think you already know the answer to your own question. Just a hunch and if I’m wrong I’ll not lose sleep over it. 

I don’t know the answer. What I do know is that he is supposed to be the PR guy at the club and he has put social media into meltdown in a pretty negative way over the last few weeks and months. If he was good at his job we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

We also have to remember that this is not an advertising campaign where bad PR can sometimes work in your benefit. This is PR of FFC when they need a load of positive response after the shambolic season.

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

This first line is utter nonsense. I may not agree with the approach being taken here but I have known Colin McFarlane for years and he is 100% a Falkirk fan. 

And yet he followed Hibs for a couple of seasons instead of Falkirk?  Bit strange that no if he's 100 percent a Falkirk fan. 😂😂