The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

Mental the amount of fans that seriously think we can just go out and get a ‘proven goal scorer’. We’re in the 3rd tier anyone who is a proven goal scorer even at this level will have bigger clubs after them. 

We got McManus no bother.  Had to pay him a few Bob more I'd expect but certainly was worth it .

Like everyone else on here, I am quite worried about the state of our squad.

As it currently stands, it is severely lacking.

However, I think it’s only fair to allow the management team the time to complete their signings, directly and on loan, before passing judgement.

However, I think it’s only fair to allow the management team the time to complete their signings, directly and on loan, before passing judgement.

I do agree with this but the competitive games start a week tomorrow for our team and we don't look close to being ready.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We are attracting the standard of players our level merits.  Would anybody want to go and work for a firm that has a despised board of directors a reputation for sacking management. Getting rid of employees. Treating the customer base with disrespect.

Of course not ! You would politely decline their invitation and tell them to stuff it.

We will be the go to place for those that have no other choice. As shown on the signings to date and even then 2 - 3 years contracts to tempt them.

That is the reality of the situation and girning about it ain't going to change it.

istock-145839390.jpg

Just now, ilostmyself said:

I do agree with this but the competitive games start a week tomorrow for our team and we don't look close to being ready.

We must surely be making 3 or 4 signings before the league cup group games start. I don't expect us to have the full squad but we should be using those games to hone our side and then adding a couple of players as finishing touches just after that.  We shouldn't be starting them needing 6 players that's for sure.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Would love to hear more about the incentivised wage structure or bonus scheme because it certainly doesn’t seem to be incentivising anyone to sign. 

Let’s hope they found a few hidden gems in some of the 60 kids they trialled however I think it’s most likely they were a bunch of hopefuls turning up for a kick about. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We must surely be making 3 or 4 signings before the league cup group games start. I don't expect us to have the full squad but we should be using those games to hone our side and then adding a couple of players as finishing touches just after that.  We shouldn't be starting them needing 6 players that's for sure.

It begs the question wtf is our DoF doing ? What a bloody mess.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t think it unreasonable to express concern at the underwhelming state of the squad as it stands particularly given our woeful signing record in recent seasons.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yep.

Cant really argue with that tbh.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We got McManus no bother.  Had to pay him a few Bob more I'd expect but certainly was worth it .

He scored 24 goals for us that season but had scored 34 goals in the previous 4 seasons combined including just 2 league goals as Ross County one the league the season before we signed him. He was fantastic for us that season but aside from a loan spell at Morton when he was 20 there wasn’t a lot of evidence to suggest he was going to get the amount of goals he did and then seemingly we have tried to sign him a further twice since then and been outbid both times. 

Signing a goal scorer is the hardest thing in football and there’s not a team in world football that wouldn’t love to have a proven goal scorer but what we need to do is take a punt on someone who we believe has the potential to like we did with Rory Loy for example. 

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is why we are paying 52k/year for a DOF 

No arguments at all with Holt. With the new signings and the trialists we’ve had I really have no idea why we need him and Corr for when any one of us on here could have spotted them as potential signings. 

McCann aside the recruitment has been incredibly lazy so far.

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It begs the question wtf is our DoF doing ? What a bloody mess.

Apparently he is working 12h a day. I'm not sure what at......because it doesn't look like it's sourcing players to get us out of this division. 

Maybe it's looking at the statistics page on Football Manager and doing a maths course to learn what statistics actually mean.  

Not a bad job for £50k a year

Edited to add..... just worked out ...thats about 167 season tickets at £300 each. Nearly 20% of our season ticket sales all going into Holt's pocket before we even start.

Edited by Zbairn
edit