The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Any agent will try to get the individual to a club playing at as high a level as possible. He does his job on behalf of the player and a bigger payday for the agent.

Falkirk at the level they are at will not even be considered.

Any signing will will have nothing to do with Rawlins or his associates.

IDK about that. Raith attracted three English players from the Fifth and Sixth Tier of English football last year, all represented by agents who were happy for the exposure. Granted, that was Scottish Championship versus League One, but I’m fairly certain the required pay wasn’t massive larger than Falkirk could handle…it would be the lower exposure level that would possibly stall it.

You would have to think that Falkirk could tempt a player or three from the Fifth/Sixth tier in England, or perhaps someone just being released from a Second or Third Tier team after several loan spells (like Musonda from Luton) at lower levels. As you all say, fishing in the same pond certainly isn’t doing much right now, and as the big fish in the League, surely there’s some attraction (perhaps they won’t feel the same inevitable fear Falkirk fans do).

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Last year's squad was stinking. It was actually some achievement putting together such a bad squad of players with a pretty good budget for that level.

Unless there's significant improvement on the signing front and fairly soon it'll be the same movie 🍿

4 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Our fan base is full of flat Earthers. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there is enough shit going on at our club to get concerned about without making up conspiracies. A fake fixture…f**k me 🤯

Who is making up conspiracies? Look at the facts. Bairnsford says Arbroath have now posted that the game was cancelled at their request. No they haven’t.

Prior to today, Arbroath have made no mention of the fixture on their website or social media. Nothing, nada. To Arbroath, the fixture didn’t exist. Look at the screenshot from their match report yesterday versus the Launderers. The second last sentence says it all.

Now, that’s not to say FFC screwed up, but what it does say is that someone most certainly did screw up……no conspiracy…..just a screw up.

EEC48B34-3FB0-4E9D-B30D-FBBF0F397E0D.jpeg

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Who is making up conspiracies? Look at the facts. Bairnsford says Arbroath have now posted that the game was cancelled at their request. No they haven’t.

Prior to today, Arbroath have made no mention of the fixture on their website or social media. Nothing, nada. To Arbroath, the fixture didn’t exist. Look at the screenshot from their match report yesterday versus the Launderers. The second last sentence says it all.

Now, that’s not to say FFC screwed up, but what it does say is that someone most certainly did screw up……no conspiracy…..just a screw up.

EEC48B34-3FB0-4E9D-B30D-FBBF0F397E0D.jpeg

That’s what I was alluding to as well and the report seems to confirm it. Wasn’t suggesting they would make a fake friendly. That’s just bizarre. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Re the first part, you've misinterpreted what I said. Which is my fault, not yours, as I didn't word it very clearly. Let me fix that. 

I highlighted the fact that Arbroath had commented on the game being cancelled. The part about it being pulled at their request is my own belief. I mentioned it as there seemed to be an assumption that Falkirk were somehow at fault. They weren't. No-one was. 

Last season FFC were twice planned to play Edinburgh City in friendlies at different times of the year. Both games were pulled. I could be wrong on the details, but I think both were down to injuries and that each club initiated the cancellations once. A week and a half ago FFC were due to play Cowdenbeath in a friendly. They pulled out and Irvine Meadow stepped in. The Foundation team that I help have had three games cancelled in the last six weeks, or at least they will have by the time Sunday arrives. 

Not one of these has been done to screw ups. Just changes in circumstances. 

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Re the first part, you've misinterpreted what I said. Which is my fault, not yours, as I didn't word it very clearly. Let me fix that. 

I highlighted the fact that Arbroath had commented on the game being cancelled. The part about it being pulled at their request is my own belief. I mentioned it as there seemed to be an assumption that Falkirk were somehow at fault. They weren't. No-one was. 

Last season FFC were twice planned to play Edinburgh City in friendlies at different times of the year. Both games were pulled. I could be wrong on the details, but I think both were down to injuries and that each club initiated the cancellations once. A week and a half ago FFC were due to play Cowdenbeath in a friendly. They pulled out and Irvine Meadow stepped in. The Foundation team that I help have had three games cancelled in the last six weeks, or at least they will have by the time Sunday arrives. 

Oh come on, this is a screw up. At no time have Arbroath alluded to any game against FFC. Their match report clearly states that their next game was Elgin. We can argue til the cows come home, but there is no evidence to say this was a confirmed fixture that was cancelled, and there is clear evidence that says it was never a confirmed fixture.

The world isn’t going to stop spinning because of it, but something has been screwed up either by us, or by Arbroath. There’s no evidence to spin it any other way.

26 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Interesting to note that from an Arbroath perspective there was never a game arranged. Nothing stated anywhere on their site or forums about a match with us, until we announced a cancellation. Nada, nowt, zero.  However they did indicate their next game after the Livi match was not us. Therefore, no change in circumstances from their side. Which makes it all very suspicious and possibly that it has been us that has advertised it without it being confirmed. 

Edited by Zbairn

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't think it would be fair for us to comment on the reasons why another club pulled out of a game. That's an internal matter for them. 

Do you really think Arbroath would schedule 5 games in 11 days as a part time team ?

They play 4 games in two weeks coming up, so a quarter of a season played in 29 days 

It's so obvious we can't organise a piss up in a brewery, your post to clear up the above post just made you sound like a board/msg apologist.

If you want to believe what you're told ok but there is no way a part time team would arrange 5 games in 11 days. 

I love my club like many here do but the rollercoaster ride has been permanently been going down for the last 4-5 yr now with zero upward movement.

We are a fukn mess

Edited by MrDust

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Management and Staff                                                                            Players

Gary Holt (Sporting Director)                                                                  Robbie Mutch

Paul Sheerin (Head Coach)                                                                      Paul Dixon

Danny Grainger (Assistant Head Coach)                                           Blair Sneddon

Tony Caig (Goalkeeping Coach)                                                              Ryan Williamson

Liam Corr (Head of analysis)                                                                    Ben Hall

Ian Fergus (Head of the development squad)                                  Brad McKay

Alan Fraser (Scout)                                                                                       Leon McCann

Graeme Henderson(Head of performance)                                       Callumn Morrison

Rachel Gillen (Physio)                                                                                   Steven Hetherington

Robert Lochhead (Kit Manager)                                                             Gary Miller

Bobby Wilson (volunteer?) (Asst Kitman)                                             Aidan Nesbitt

Sam McGivern (Commercial Executive)                                                Charlie Telfer

Sharon McGuire (Commercial)                                                                  Craig McGuffie

Keith Hogg (Operations Manager)                                                         Seb Ross

Allan Dick (Safeguarding Officer)                                                           Aidan Keena

Andy Thomson (Disability Access)                                                        Anton Dowds

Jacqueline Galbraith (Retail manager)

Victoria Logan (Finance)

Laura Craig(Ticketing)

Adam Ouakli (media)

Andrew Macleod (media)

I know that we need management and staff behind the scenes but more backroom staff than players?

Personally I’m delighted that the Rawlins seem to be putting staff and infrastructure in place to achieve their long term aims for the club.

But the bottom line is that there’s no point having a head of performance or chief executive if we’re going to be stuck in league 1 for the foreseeable future. Which is a real possibility imo with the squad as it stands. 

There seems to be a huge mismatch between the improvement that’s taking place off the pitch and the quality that’s coming into the playing squad. I can’t understand why we’re about to start the season with Hall, Miller, Ross and Dowds in the team when there are seemingly unlimited funds available to pay staff.

11 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Management and Staff                                                                            Players

Gary Holt (Sporting Director)                                                                  Robbie Mutch

Paul Sheerin (Head Coach)                                                                      Paul Dixon

Danny Grainger (Assistant Head Coach)                                           Blair Sneddon

Tony Caig (Goalkeeping Coach)                                                              Ryan Williamson

Liam Corr (Head of analysis)                                                                    Ben Hall

Ian Fergus (Head of the development squad)                                  Brad McKay

Alan Fraser (Scout)                                                                                       Leon McCann

Graeme Henderson(Head of performance)                                       Callumn Morrison

Rachel Gillen (Physio)                                                                                   Steven Hetherington

Robert Lochhead (Kit Manager)                                                             Gary Miller

Bobby Wilson (volunteer?) (Asst Kitman)                                             Aidan Nesbitt

Sam McGivern (Commercial Executive)                                                Charlie Telfer

Sharon McGuire (Commercial)                                                                  Craig McGuffie

Keith Hogg (Operations Manager)                                                         Seb Ross

Allan Dick (Safeguarding Officer)                                                           Aidan Keena

Andy Thomson (Disability Access)                                                        Anton Dowds

Jacqueline Galbraith (Retail manager)

Victoria Logan (Finance)

Laura Craig(Ticketing)

Adam Ouakli (media)

Andrew Macleod (media)

I know that we need management and staff behind the scenes but more backroom staff than players?

What's glaringly obvious to me is that Holt needs an assistant. The poor bloke is working 12 hours a day, the fruits of which everyone can see, and he can't go to bed until just after midnight when the last email is sent.