The Falkirk FC Thread

I fully expect Yogi to be licking the arse of his beloved team and his big pal Collins in the lead up to this game. The result is irrelevant

Just like when they pumped them in the semi final? Or when we knocked them out of the League Cup at Celtic Park? Or even Inverness beat them twice in the league this season? Or when Thomson scored for us with a header?

Just like when they pumped them in the semi final? Or when we knocked them out of the League Cup at Celtic Park? Or even Inverness beat them twice in the league this season? Or when Thomson scored for us with a header?

I'm not suggesting that his teams don't play against Celtic, I'm stating fact that his love in for them is rather cringey. I expect it to be rather sympathetic this week after what happened in the semi final

This is the same Yogi who when we got humped off Celtic 8-1 in 2004 says "They were a joy to watch at times"

I see Jay Fulton won the young player of the year award at Swansea's POTY Dinner last night.

Well done to the lad. They won the development cup too.

Not sure what Kingsley is up to.

I see Jay Fulton won the young player of the year award at Swansea's POTY Dinner last night.

Well done to the lad. They won the development cup too.

Not sure what Kingsley is up to.

He's had some bad injuries but ended up going on loan to Yeovil near the end of the season I'm sure.

Falkirk Herald reporting that truck builders MAN uk are the new back of the shirt sponsors.

Also the Herald have funded the card display for the final.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Decent, Webhelp paid 30k for last year. Hopefully more again this year.

What's other Bairns' fans thoughts on Hughes coming out in the press yesterday and mentioning the lad Gowans?

I fully acknowledge he was the manager when the tragedy happened and that he still has strong feelings for the whole situation. However, does he have to go to press about it and this far on? The club has moved on and more importantly the Gowans family, therefore I feel this is unnecessary from him. Our club do their bit every year to remember Gowans and rightly so but I just feel Hughes digging this up again isn't required

What's other Bairns' fans thoughts on Hughes coming out in the press yesterday and mentioning the lad Gowans?

I fully acknowledge he was the manager when the tragedy happened and that he still has strong feelings for the whole situation. However, does he have to go to press about it and this far on? The club has moved on and more importantly the Gowans family, therefore I feel this is unnecessary from him. Our club do their bit every year to remember Gowans and rightly so but I just feel Hughes digging this up again isn't required

It lies uneasy with me. The club and fans won't forget that day and for me it's Hughes guilty conscience that is coming through.

It lies uneasy with me. The club and fans won't forget that day and for me it's Hughes guilty conscience that is coming through.
what exactly has John Hughes got to be guilty about over what happened?!

Can I just point out that I intended to give this a red dot, but clicked the wrong one. I'll be red dotting a random post of Baptie's to make up for it.

Can I just point out that I intended to give this a red dot, but clicked the wrong one. I'll be red dotting a random post of Baptie's to make up for it.

Feel free, was asked an opinion and gave it.

My post has nothing to do with the memory of the player. I was one of the ones to put one of my tops on the gate and attended a few matches in his memory.

The question was about Hughes.

Exactly and that's the point I was trying to make. The club have the memorial service every year and it is important that we do remember him and continue our tributes.

However, this cup final isn't about Craig Gowans. Hughes gave his father the honour of leading out the team in 2009 and maybe rightly so. The club has moved on and so has the Gowans' family.

Feel free, was asked an opinion and gave it.

My post has nothing to do with the memory of the player. I was one of the ones to put one of my tops on the gate and attended a few matches in his memory.

Hughes is a decent guy, and obviously feels bad about what happened - as far as I'm aware, there's no actual guilt or blame attached to him. Please ley me know if that's not the case.

Terrible thing to happen the laddie.