The Falkirk FC Thread

Hard lines, the game would have been yours had you see. It out til extra time.

As great an occasion as the game was, the sad fact is that for one set of supporters this was always going to be the closest they'd get to seeing their team win the cup.

That's me done with supporting Falkirk, there's no way I can come back from that. I doubt I'll ever be able to even watch another game of football.

Get a fucking grip ya state.

Ned Jnr's watching the game back to see if he was on the telly - it's given me the incentive to look out some work stuff I've been avoiding tbh.

I'd forgotten ICT scored during the 37th minute applause.

Watching it back does highlight what a shite place to watch a game Hampden is ... its like I'm seeing most of this for the first time !

Soft free kick for our goal, brilliantly taken by Alston though.

Watching it back does highlight what a shite place to watch a game Hampden is ... its like I'm seeing most of this for the first time !

Depends where you are. It's dreadful behind the goals. I had a great view in the South Stand though.

We did blow it though.

Don't know whether to rage more against Houston for selecting Smith (which he corrected), Collum for missing the penalty (he did miss the covering defender for the red), or Jamie MacDonald for selling the jerseys (he got us here in the first place).

I think Collum got pretty much everything right to be honest. The "penalty" would have been very harsh. It did hit his hand but it spun up at close range off a foot. There was clearly no intent. And as for the "covering defender", there were subs on the bench just about more likely to get across and cover in time. I think Sportscene last night cleared that one up pretty clearly. There's no way he was getting across in time.

Thats what you get for singing rangers songs.....

Regardless it must be pretty depressing today, and itll stay for a long time. Just look at us though, we had the gretna heartbreak and it just made the whole club stronger and more determined, so if you harness this pain youll come back stronger.

I'm obviously ecstatic but would like to say well done to Falkirk as well. With raven injured and shinnie starting at right back I thought we struggled in positions which are normally our strength. We didn't show anything like the quality we have showed during the season to end up third but I thought you looked excellent in the second half. Great fans as well with both sets drinking in the pubs and having the craic with no trouble as it should be. Good luck for next season

I think Falkirk must have one of the biggest "unbearable b*****d" population of almost any support in Scotland - but the support was genuinely amazing yesterday. That moment when we scored - literally every person in the Falkirk end roaring we're blue, we're white. Will never forgot that despite the outcome.

A tough one to take, but we'll come back from this. A league without Rangers next year and we'll have a great chance. Even if they're still here, will have a much better chance of the playoffs.