The Falkirk FC Thread

Said elsewhere we need an LB and was met with a storm of people saying Luke is fine,

He's maybe fine going forward but the boy cannot defend.

He has came on leaps and bounds this season but I still have reservations on his defensive side. This is highlighted as a lot of teams target our left side at times this season. Technically good but still has loads to learn

Not exactly convinced by Eckersley's defensive capabilities, I would play them the other way about as I think Leahy would do a better job in the back 4. We don't need another left back either way with Dick as cover, hopefully Houstie is in the market for strikers.

Said elsewhere we need an LB and was met with a storm of people saying Luke is fine,

He's maybe fine going forward but the boy cannot defend.

I'm not having that, that's just crap! He's as sound defensively as anybody else that could play that position. He's really good in the air for his height and his timing in the tackle is excellent. He gets lost a wee bit positionally at times but that's the only criticism I could give on his defensive capabilities. He's good going forward as well and would probably be most effective in a wing back role but I think he does a great job defensively given what he was when he came to the club.

I actually nominated him for POTY in that position and I reckon he's worth a good few bob to us now! I don't think we need a new left back at all tbh.

If we sign a new left back it'll be because Leahy moves down South for decent money. One of our standout players this season who will just keep getting better. Have people actually been watching him defensively this year or is this strange opinion based on him being a midfielder two years ago? Dick is a capable back up too.

If we sign a new left back it'll be because Leahy moves down South for decent money. One of our standout players this season who will just keep getting better. Have people actually been watching him defensively this year or is this strange opinion based

on him being a midfielder two years ago? Dick is a capable back up too.

Prefuckincisely

If we sign a new left back it'll be because Leahy moves down South for decent money. One of our standout players this season who will just keep getting better. Have people actually been watching him defensively this year or is this strange opinion based on him being a midfielder two years ago? Dick is a capable back up too.

If Leahy does go we need to sign a LB. not convinced with Dick.

If Leahy does go we need to sign a LB. not convinced with Dick.

Dick looked pretty good first few games of the season but against Hibs in the last league game he didnae look confident at all, hesitant, poor passing, and positioning. Could be because he has been kept out the team for so long and he can build himself back up to better form, but if Leahy goes I dinnae fancy us gambling on him getting better, Leahy would definitely need replaced.

Thoughts on David Clarkson for next season?

Not a source just a genuine question.

I hope we don't sign him, he doesn't score enough goals, we've got folk that can do that already.

We need to sign someone to replace Loy's goals, preferably of the previous season's tally. If we just sign local differs we'll do nothing this season. I know signing a goalscorer is easier said than done but we shouldn't be signing folk we know aren't going to do it. Houstie has something to prove with this season's signings, fingers crossed we're aiming for better.