The Falkirk FC Thread

Dream of a past it McFadden?

Could do a job in this division, there's been numerous occasions over the last couple seasons we've needed some magic to nab a goal. Like Marshmallo said, could be a latapy stainrod type player, get him on a pay as you play deal and I'd take him

Won't play on plastic & well past it ....we need a target man & with the hertz connection I'm concerned it could be nade

I was quite surprised to see McFadden in the starting XI when we played St Johnstone in the cup, I'd assumed our pitch would have ruled him out.

Although it would be harsh to rule him out based on one game where no St Johnstone player particularly shined, it has to be said McFadden was completely anonymous and appeared completely disinterested. He didn't seem to have any real desire or hunger to get involved, and the game just passed him by really.

I'd say the days of him grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and winning them single handedly are very much behind him.

I think we need two decent strikers, a goalscoring midfielder, RB, possibly a keeper depending on what Macdonald does. I'd be quite happy with that so long as there were no other departures, with the exception of Smith and Cooper obviously who can go anytime they like.

Cooper is frustrating.

He has loads of technical ability however just disappears in games.

Smith however does little for me.

Agreed, Cooper has shown glimpses of something. I wouldn't be sad if he hung around for another season to see if he can start to make a proper impact.

Smith I feel sorry for because he has tried hard in games, but the quality really isn't there. It doesn't justify some of the abuse he has had from some folk but it does justify us not wasting anymore time on him.

Cooper in my mind hasn't been given enough game time by the Ginger Man, and Smith doesn't cut it, hooked in the semi & final because he was ineffective, and for someone who has pace to burn.....I haven't seen it yet!!!

We definately need at least 2 strikers, a goalie if Jamie goes, although in saying that, Bowman might do a job if given a chance,and people for some reason say that we need a new RB, personally thought Kieran was/has been doing a good job for a few seasons now.

With John Baird starting his 1st full season with the Mighty Bairns you might just see another 20 goal season from 1 of our strikers!! thoughts????

Agreed, Cooper has shown glimpses of something. I wouldn't be sad if he hung around for another season to see if he can start to make a proper impact.

Smith I feel sorry for because he has tried hard in games, but the quality really isn't there. It doesn't justify some of the abuse he has had from some folk but it does justify us not wasting anymore time on him.

If I was cooper I would be putting in a transfer request based solely on the fact that a waste of space like smith started on the Left in the cup final.....just don't get houstons thinking there..hopeless on the right so he plays in front of a left footed cooper on the left...crazy

Would like to see us bring in 2 keepers (if Macdonald goes) and loan out Bowman. We really need to see if he's up to being a no.1 and you won't get that giving him 1 or 2 appearances a season.

Why not give him the start of the season to see what he does? This surely has to be the last chance saloon for him.

Cooper in my mind hasn't been given enough game time by the Ginger Man, and Smith doesn't cut it, hooked in the semi & final because he was ineffective, and for someone who has pace to burn.....I haven't seen it yet!!!

We definately need at least 2 strikers, a goalie if Jamie goes, although in saying that, Bowman might do a job if given a chance,and people for some reason say that we need a new RB, personally thought Kieran was/has been doing a good job for a few seasons now.

With John Baird starting his 1st full season with the Mighty Bairns you might just see another 20 goal season from 1 of our strikers!! thoughts????

I thought Duffie was a good right back but fear he has gone off the boil, can be suspect defensively and timid going forward. To be fair to him he has had a while out with injury and might come good but even before then he had started to fade. Could be that a new club is what he needs, he reminds me of Tam Scobbie, thought he was good when he was establishing himself but then he just seemed to lose a bit of his sharpness and was time to move on.

Would like to see Baird have a good season, we need a couple new strikers for him and Biabi to mix with, at least one with some experience.

What's people's opinions of Aaron Muirhead? Came in as a centre back from the top division and hasn't been able to displace either McCracken or Grant yet. Will he do so this season?

Has played at right back and has looked assured there however it's not his natural position.

There is a player there, just not sure where we can fit him in at the moment.

What's people's opinions of Aaron Muirhead? Came in as a centre back from the top division and hasn't been able to displace either McCracken or Grant yet. Will he do so this season?

Has played at right back and has looked assured there however it's not his natural position.

There is a player there, just not sure where we can fit him in at the moment.

I'm not sure how much longer Big Cracks has left at CB, I think Muirhead may play there a lot this season.

Agree with NavyBlueArmy1876, I also have no reservations with Muirhead at CB, playing him at RB is different, seen him play there v Raith near the end of the season and he was a bit tentative going forward. Up front needs to be addressed with a little bit of quality, preferably someone who along with Baird/Biabi can fire us out of the division.

Regarding Sibbald, we need to make the most of him while he is still playing for the Bairns as he might not be here much longer, possibly going before the window closes if someone coughs up anywhere near what he is worth, which if you think how much we sold McGrandles for then that is where suitors should be pitching and we should be looking for.