The Falkirk FC Thread

Botti is a strange one, times I've seen him play and he's looked quality. He changed the game in the final imo.

However there's other times he's played or been brought on and he's looked utter mince. Looked like he couldn't be arsed. An example of that could've been the game against rangers at ibrox at the end of the season where he came on for Baird who had ran his socks off and done f**k all. Didn't pressurise the defence or chase down the ball. Not saying it was all his fault but if he had kept the pressure up we might've scraped that game instead of letting Sevco get back into it. Maybe it's his attitude? Maybe a loan move out to a lower league side could give him a kick up the arse. Hope he prevails however as he has the potential

Clarkson could be a great signing, had a period when he couldn't stop scoring for Dundee.

Admittedly he did go off the boil later in the season.

Think Botti could be big for us next season. Bags of potential.

Nah. I think his best show for us was probably last week when he certainly made a difference.

I think Botti thinks he's a better player than he actually is though. Tends to hog the ball a lot, doesn't know when to pass it (or doesn't want to) and is regularly caught offiside. Still to really see the pace that he's supposed to have and aint very good in the air either.

I think a loan spell would be good for him as we can't rely on him as an option and would give him good experience.

I don't fancy Clarkson either. Would like to see us bring in an unknown as we did with the likes of Higginbotham, Farid and Taylor

Replacing Loy is going to be massive, not so much for his goals (Colin McMenamin scored for fun in this league), but his style of play. He's such an important player and we saw how much we struggle without him in the team.

Houstie really needs to pull one out the bag here.

Agreed on the style of play matter. Loy was tremendous at linking the play and also his running between channels gave us a different dimension going forward. I think a target man would be an option but Loy alongside Baird last season proved we don't necessarily need that

Houston has knew for months, probably even beyond, that Loy was leaving. Got to have our faith in him he will deliver the goods.

I heard Clarkson wants to stay in the Prem and personally i wouldn't touch Miller, too injury prone. I do think we will sign two strikers just not those two. We need a goalscoring midfielder and a new RB, possibly a keeper if Jamie goes, can't really understand why he would want to go to Killie, it's not like he would be automatic pick, when you consider Samson has just been called up to the Scotland squad, whereas he would be guaranteed a game with us. Another ex jambo in Kello been mooted as a replacement if he does go.