The Falkirk FC Thread

I think Falkirk must have one of the biggest "unbearable b*****d" population of almost any support in Scotland - but the support was genuinely amazing yesterday. That moment when we scored - literally every person in the Falkirk end roaring we're blue, we're white. Will never forgot that despite the outcome.

A tough one to take, but we'll come back from this. A league without Rangers next year and we'll have a great chance. Even if they're still here, will have a much better chance of the playoffs.

Did you really just say Falkirk will have a great chance of winning the league next year if Rangers go up today ?

Eta I missed the word great out.

Edited by Broony88

Did you really just say Falkirk will have a great chance of winning the league next year if Rangers go up today ?

Eta I missed the word great out.

I think he meant promotion in general. Which isn't unthinkable to be honest. They had the upper hand over hibs this season. St Mirren and Motherwell will be forced to make cuts so its not guaranteed either will be challenging for the title. Queens look like their going to be a lot weaker next year. Then there's us, Morton and Livi who will probably be very unlikely of reaching the playoffs( hope I'm wrong about us though). So Falkirk will have a decent chance next season.

No - I really didn't just say that. Reading is clearly not an area you're strong in .

A tough one to take, but we'll come back from this. A league without Rangers next year and we'll have a great chance. Even if they're still here, will have a much better chance of the playoffs.

A league without rangers and you will have a great chance ? How else would it read especially when you back it up with even if they are still here will have a much better chance of the play offs.

Sorry if you didn't mean any of that but that's how I read it. I think you will be top 5 again. Don't have a clue of the order as you will like us need to make some very key signings. Raith and livi won't compete for the play offs either will Morton so will likely leave the obvious 5 fighting for four spots.

Edited by Broony88

What did you find amusing about a guy who looked to be in his fifties punching a steward in the face unprovoked?

Not unprovoked. The stewards were being whompers to the young lads near us all day and chucked several out.

Not unprovoked. The stewards were being whompers to the young lads near us all day and chucked several out.

I like standing at the football and singing/shouting but technically it's against the rules.

You're seriously suggesting that a guy was justified in punching a minimum wage worker repeatedly in the face after he jumped the barrier?

I like standing at the football and singing/shouting but technically it's against the rules.

You're seriously suggesting that a guy was justified in punching a minimum wage worker repeatedly in the face after he jumped the barrier?

No, but my emotions get fired up at the football and I would have liked to have seen the oldie make it onto the pitch to celebrate with Peter Grant

Yup.

Relatedly: standing in the queue for the train, a family of four were behind us were discussing the game. The kids had had a great day, and the daughter, about 10 or so, said mum, mum, can we get season tickets? Mum's reply: "NUH!!". Conversation over.

So we must remember there's ten million reasons why people don't buy season tickets. I think the club has done a fantastic job promoting the final, and all the kids I saw, my own included, had great days.

Yup.

Relatedly: standing in the queue for the train, a family of four were behind us were discussing the game. The kids had had a great day, and the daughter, about 10 or so, said mum, mum, can we get season tickets? Mum's reply: "NUH!!". Conversation over.

So we must remember there's ten million reasons why people don't buy season tickets. I think the club has done a fantastic job promoting the final, and all the kids I saw, my own included, had great days.

A lot of people don't want to go to every game, hopefully the club create options for them too.