The Falkirk FC Thread

You post cheered me up too. Well for a couple of minutes.

It was bedlam in part of our end. The header fair rattled in.

I am bias of course but I thought we were pretty much robbed and couple of errors in 10 seconds and bang all the graft, skill, planning and fight was up in the air and we were beaten. What was it from a neutrals view point?

My view really echoes that of other neutrals in that you were very, very unlucky, but I disagree with those who are having a go at Falkirk's first half performance. ICT didn't exactly pound your goal in the 1st half and let's not forget that you were a foot away from scoring with that 30 yard effort from Vaulks. In the end, I think your players saw a chance to win the game in the 90 minutes and paid the price for showing a bit too much ambition.

ETA: my girlfriend had never been to a football game in her life before Saturday, and when I asked her what her favourite part was, she said 'When Falkirk scored'.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

My view really echoes that of other neutrals in that you were very, very unlucky, but I disagree with those who are having a go at Falkirk's first half performance. ICT didn't exactly pound your goal in the 1st half and let's not forget that you were a foot away from scoring with that 30 yard effort from Vaulks. In the end, I think your players saw a chance to win the game in the 90 minutes and paid the price for showing a bit too much ambition.

In hindsight, if we had taken it to extra time we may have had a better chance but it still wouldn't have guaranteed us anything. I don't fault the players for going for it at the end, everything was going for us and there was only one team going to win it. A rare break from Inverness and a couple of mistakes all in a mad few minutes lost us the cup.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, When the ball bounced over McCracken's head either himself prior to falling over or another defender should have taken a card for the team, the fact the shot wasn't very strong and bounced in front of McDonald has done him, should we have sat in after getting the equaliser rather than go for the jugular? In my humble opinion we were right to go for it they were down to 10 men, we had just scored and were in the ascendancy. The other point that got made was that for all the possession ICT had they weren't exactly bombarding us for the entire 1st half and didn't have a great deal of efforts on target.

Someone also mentioned that after the 97 final they thought that we had blown what was probably the best chance we would ever get, but since then we have been to numerous semi-finals and got to the Scotish cup final in 2009 (also should have won) & this year, that to me bodes well for the future, all we need to do now is bring in better than what we have, priority is strikers and a new goalie if Jamie decides to leave (looks more than likely).

Someone also mentioned that after the 97 final they thought that we had blown what was probably the best chance we would ever get, but since then we have been to numerous semi-finals and got to the Scotish cup final in 2009 (also should have won) & this year, that to me bodes well for the future, all we need to do now is bring in better than what we have, priority is strikers and a new goalie if Jamie decides to leave (looks more than likely).

This is how I feel. I was inconsolable after 1997 as I genuinely felt it was going to be the only chance of seeing Falkirk in a cup final in my lifetime.

We've been in two of the last seven, and had at least one semi-final as well.

We'll get another chance.

This is how I feel. I was inconsolable after 1997 as I genuinely felt it was going to be the only chance of seeing Falkirk in a cup final in my lifetime.

We've been in two of the last seven, and had at least one semi-final as well.

We'll get another chance.

Second cup final for me. 2009 was painful because we played them who are no longer with us off the park (better performance than Saturday, IMO) but I was fully expecting a defeat and the survival/european qualification soothed the pain.

Saturday killed me. Said to my old man when we equalised, Caley's only chance is to nick a winner in normal time cos we will destroy them in extra time, this game is gonna be ours. At full time when our players were receiving their (well deserved) standing ovation from the fans I just sat in my seat with my head in my hands utterly inconsolable.

Might be wrong but is one of your coaches waving the players back to their own half as if to say 'never mind celebrating, lets win this in normal time'? Seems like that to me when I watch it but maybe he was just giving some frantic fist-pumps.

Absolutely agree. MacDonald had a howler for the goal but it should have been irrelevant if McCracken had taken a yellow for the team.

I finally decided I could face the highlights last night, and as well as confirming McDonald's woeful goalkeeping for both goals - for the second goal at least as much blame as those two have to go to the guy tracking back (I think it was Taiwo?) who completely ignores Vincent behind him and goes to Watkins, which he can do nothing about.

If he'd had any awareness of what was behind him he could easily have tracked Vincent and put in a challenge when the ball broke off McDonald. Horrendous defending.

The roar at the goal was as loud as any that stadium will have heard, certainly since it was done up, it was like 20,000 people having their dream come true at the same time. .

I reckon that a good proportion of Scotland goals would have trumped it, not to mention other games where teams have had a larger allocation.

Carry on though.

I finally decided I could face the highlights last night, and as well as confirming McDonald's woeful goalkeeping for both goals - for the second goal at least as much blame as those two have to go to the guy tracking back (I think it was Taiwo?) who completely ignores Vincent behind him and goes to Watkins, which he can do nothing about.

If he'd had any awareness of what was behind him he could easily have tracked Vincent and put in a challenge when the ball broke off McDonald. Horrendous defending.

It was leahy. He could not have foreseen McDonald's fumble. It makes it even worse as the shot was also going past

It was leahy. He could not have foreseen McDonald's fumble. It makes it even worse as the shot was also going past

Said elsewhere we need an LB and was met with a storm of people saying Luke is fine,

He's maybe fine going forward but the boy cannot defend.