The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Biggestbairn said:

I support the team and players like Falkirk supporters should.  

The negative supporters and trying to destroy our club. 

How dare you describe the current Board as “negative supporters”. On their last full day in office too. Shameful.

Could you please expand on your “Support The Team As Falkirk Supporters Should” thing? Are there rules? You could always post them here. There’s “Expect The Unexpected”, and from 2019 there’s “Defend The Indefensible”. What else do you have?

Edited by Duncan Freemason

If the whole back room staff don't get punted along with Sheerin, would Grainger be an option for a few games? 
I know they are all as culpable as the manager but Sheerin really comes across as, it's my ball type situation and as has been said on here multiple times the he's stubborn so might not actually be listening to anyone. 
I could be wrong but a few times on the side lines they do seem to distance themselves from each other. 

Grainger as caretaker for a game or 2 does make some sense (not giving him the gig full time though) but I’d rather punt the lot of them and just let Dixon and Miller run training for the Cove game if needed until we brought someone else in.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

How dare you describe the current Board as “negative supporters”. On their last full day in office too. Shameful.

Could you please expand on your “Support The Team As Falkirk Supporters Should” thing? Are there rules? You could always post them here. There’s “Expect The Unexpected”, and from 2019 there’s “Defend The Indefensible”. What else do you have?

Don’t feed the troll.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Neil Lennon? Neil Lennon? Look at the state of the guy in his latter days at Celtic. The last thing Neil Lennon needs in his life is to be handed a football manager’s job.

It was a mess at the end right enough and maybe not the best example but he did produce the goods 1st time round. But was asked for an option to the Manager hire fire squad merry go round we are on. So no invite for job applications this time round. Identify the skills sets required to sort out a firm. Find the individual to be given the brief and get the mess sorted out. It will require a single minded strong individual to do it but that is exactly what a good manager of a football club is.

Try something different ! why not ?

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Heard a rumour that Sheerin has been summoned to a meeting today.

Yep heard the same. Also heard the new manager will be in place soon. 

It was a mess at the end right enough and maybe not the best example but he did produce the goods 1st time round. But was asked for an option to the Manager hire fire squad merry go round we are on. So no invite for job applications this time round. Identify the skills sets required to sort out a firm. Find the individual to be given the brief and get the mess sorted out. It will require a single minded strong individual to do it but that is exactly what a good manager of a football club is.

When’s the last time we actually properly followed through on the interview process though? Even this summer we tried to get Brian Rice first before Holt got his puppet in Sheerin in.

Before that we’ve had:

Miller/McCracken - handed the job by Lex Miller

Ray McKinnon - tapped up.

Paul Hartley - didn’t apply for the job.

So maybe if we actually properly advertise, interview and select the candidate based on whatever criteria we set that would be the best way to do it.

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I’d never slate the current board. 

Look at the Q&A. 

An absolute master class. 

Gary Deans speaks very well and George Colburn is funny as f**k as well. 

IT WAS A STATEMENT, NOT A QUESTION!

OK, I’LL ANSWER THE QUESTION. 

BRILLIANT 😛

1 minute ago, Biggestbairn said:

Look at the Q&A. 

BRILLIANT 😛

Rearrange the following into a well known phrase

off f**k

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

4 minutes ago, Biggestbairn said:

Look at the Q&A. 

BRILLIANT 😛

ECB2F515-B4F1-44EB-B108-A5A98812F818.jpeg