The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Definitely. Nothing has changed my opinion that the rest of the teams in this league are poor. Any club that made a run like Coves were going to pull away. Unfortunately it’s occurred at the same moment we’ve had our worst run of results. That doesn’t mean to say that the opposite can’t happen. Throwing money at Holt could be a waste right enough but there are too many games to go to just give up. 

Throwing money at Holt? You would think the new management team didn’t exist in some peoples minds 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Throwing money at Holt? You would think the new management team didn’t exist in some peoples minds 

Given the 2 new lads won’t realistically have time to do much scouting, do you think they will just put a cross through every name on Holt’s list or trust him with some to get new blood in mate ??

Guest Back Post Misses
13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given the 2 new lads won’t realistically have time to do much scouting, do you think they will just put a cross through every name on Holt’s list or trust him with some to get new blood in mate ??

Given the fact both Rennie and Miller have plenty of contacts in the game it won’t be a problem IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Given the fact both Rennie and Miller have plenty of contacts in the game it won’t be a problem IMO. 

Given we didn’t have anyone new (apart from an obvious Holt signing) signed for today’s game, I am very concerned. Thought with the 3 guys we have who are supposed to have contacts (Holt, Miller and Rennie) quite a few would’ve been signed come 1st Jan.

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Given we didn’t have anyone new (apart from an obvious Holt signing) signed for today’s game, I am very concerned. Thought with the 3 guys we have who are supposed to have contacts (Holt, Miller and Rennie) quite a few would’ve been signed come 1st Jan.

Holts contacts prob consist of 

a. someone at livi

b. someone at Killie

c. someone at Norwich

that is all

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Two things

Why obviously a Holt signing, the Livingston link has hardly been a source of signings for him and the player has been training with Dunfermline for weeks and played against us in a bounce game recently.

There is a fair bit of admin involved in any signing before you even consider negotiating terms with the player and his agent.

Guest Caractacus Potts
36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry I’ll rephrase, throwing money to signing players with Holt still involved. 

If Holt isn’t involved then what is he doing? 

Just now, grumpyoldman said:

Why do folk not get this

Because folk only want to hear their own narrative and looking for something to moan about, the biggest one being Holt is still employed by us.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Maybe it’s because no one in authority has actually come out and fully clarified it…..or no one actually knows what we pay Holt to do?…

Other than a talking point folk just want to know, do they really need to justify anything to us regardless what happens there will be a reason the board make the decisions they come to and why do they need to tell us why they done it other than folk wanting to be ITK that's pretty much asking any business what their reasons behind any of their decisions are.

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Holts contacts prob consist of 

a. someone at livi

b. someone at Killie

c. someone at Norwich

that is all

a) given he was no more popular at Livi then no surprise we have had absolutely f**k all from that one

b) killie ain't in any great shape either so they will need anybody half decent for themselves

c) no way a premiership club will lend a player to the 3rd tier of Scottish football especially given our track record of game time to loanees from England, mind you, given their treatment of Billy Gilmour don't think they are any better organised than us...maybe the legacy left there by Holt.

So looks like we are well f**ked !

Other than a talking point folk just want to know, do they really need to justify anything to us regardless what happens there will be a reason the board make the decisions they come to and why do they need to tell us why they done it other than folk wanting to be ITK that's pretty much asking any business what their reasons behind any of their decisions are.

Actually on one hand it’s a fair point.
However at the same time if they want to get the support on board they need to understand that a large number of us are concerned that we are repeating the mistakes of the past and want confidence that we have turned a corner.
Further, if they want those fans to invest, blank responses ain’t going to cut it…..

On another note, ain't it great to see 3000 (fully vaccinated or negative LF tests) enjoying themselves at the Ally Pally tonight, with a fair few down from Scotland by the look of things, while good old Nicola shuts down our stands and let's in a paltry 500! 

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands clicking thru the turnstiles to support their team both vocally and financially South of the border, while the very existence of our clubs is put at risk just so that maniac can play the political card at our expenses yet again!

7 minutes ago, alonso said:

On another note, ain't it great to see 3000 (fully vaccinated or negative LF tests) enjoying themselves at the Ally Pally tonight, with a fair few down from Scotland by the look of things, while good old Nicola shuts down our stands and let's in a paltry 500! 

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands clicking thru the turnstiles to support their team both vocally and financially South of the border, while the very existence of our clubs is put at risk just so that maniac can play the political card at our expenses yet again!

Into the the covid thread.

18 minutes ago, alonso said:

As someone who agrees with your point, off to the Covid thread with this pish!

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Into the the covid thread.

Not necessarily!

2 empty stands last week and 1/2 of the 1 stand that was open was cordoned off and I was still nowhere near enough anybody else to smell their fart let alone catch a virus I am triple vaccinated against!

Now I am denied using my bought and paid for ST next week and the club over these 2 matches is probably denied somewhere in the region of £40k or £50k, to put that money into perspective wasn't that near enough what that Welsh mob paid for Mcmanus?

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Agreed. The FSS update is quite refreshing and credit where it's due - a good summation of where we are after the recent upheaval.

However, anyone not seeing that this should have came from the club and not the FSS, FB or elsewhere is missing that fans shouldn't have to seek this out.

Let the FSS publish the same or select snippets where their input as the 3rd-stool brought benefit but it can't be acting as the defacto board.

The club is *the* definitive voice on Falkirk FC and the FSS can be the definitive voice for the FSS! They're not the same and shouldn't be in my view.

Yes and no. The FSS is intended to be the fans voice so it’s quite right for them to have a strong presence. They need grow their role and command credibility - personally I’m happy to let their directors have a prominent place. Also, the changes saw the FSS on an equal footing as the other 2 legs of the stool despite not having the shares! The present board made this happen and this should be commended.

The FSS is the future. For too long the supporters voice has been ignored, was an afterthought or not given any outlet. There is one now and I for one am happy to see the board are sharing the responsibility.  Not taking away from the valid observation that the club needs to play their part too, but it has to be an alliance of partners.