The Falkirk FC Thread

My complaint with Houston's signings has been he's always just seemed to sign someone who was available and that everyone had heard of. If he's holding off to secure the right sort of player I find that more encouraging. We've not filled the spot but Heffernan being told to bolt made me feel a bit more positive.

I was initially down on the Watson signing but I see plenty Raith fans saying he's solid and it's not like he's been sitting on his arse all summer. McHugh is worth a punt I think, still relatively young and impressed on trial. He's done alright on loan. Rogers is a great signing.

People seem to forget we've barely let anyone. Yes Loy was hugely important but we've signed a striker to replace. The squad is full, it's just that Smith and Cooper were rotten. Not much Housty can do about them this summer budget wise.

^^^^^This

I bet we could afford more than Sevco are offering too :lol:

If sibbald heads down south (unlikely now but could still happen) we should use half of the fee we get. Probably a million or two to get Scott Allan and John McGinn in. I should be manager IMO

Back Post Misses - did you hear whether the players rejected were the ones he was down south for, or you reckon so something might come from his trip?

Think he is down looking at others not those who were kicked into touch.

Think he is down looking at others not those who were kicked into touch.

Hopefully he comes up with the right options. Even allowing only for a modest increase in budget from last season you'd imagine we still have enough to get the right forward in and possibly a right back.

Lol.

This must be the 7th or 8th post of yours I've seen in the last week or so saying nothing but "lol" or something similar. This isn't Facebook, sort that shite out.

We have the players we need (though we could do with a couple more strikers and another right back). It's finding a formation that accommodates them properly imo. Sibbald, Taiwo and Vaulks are all best in the middle of the park, and we have one natural wide man.

I went to a few United games under Houston and they had the exact same problem with Mackay-Steven and 3 central midfielders. I'm sure Willo Flood played wide right and as a result they always attacked down the left. I like Taiwo and I like Muirhead - both good players for this level However, the attacking threat they offer down our right, is nil.

Hopefully Cooper starts to come good as well and we can play proper wide players in wide positions. Otherwise, we have got to change to a narrower midfield and push the fullbacks 20 yards up the pitch.