The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest TedCrilly
4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If Rennie stays I can’t see me going back sadly.

I’m in this boat. I wouldn’t back the decision with a ST anyway.

Worst Falkirk team in my 60 years as a fan and worst in club history. Completely out classed by a team only 3 places above us. Absolutely no fight and outplayed in every part of the field. Mr Rennie should be encouraged to return to USA asap. Don’t know where the club goes from here but in short term it will be downwards.

We're in deep shit now. 

A change of manager in December should have at the very least brought some hope for the new season but Rennie has royally f*cked that up.  What a terrible appointment he's turned out to be.  

We'll be lucky to sell 1000 tickets for next season.  What a disaster.  

Sheerin’s low point was 1.36 points per game. Rennie is now 1.25. The pointing to his “better stats” are looking increasingly shakey. Conceding goals is on the up, and scoring goals is falling away.

If the club wants an architect to restructure the playing side, Rennie might be ok for that role……but as a head coach? He looks to be increasingly not fit for purpose.

We all wanted it to work out, but if the 6 month thing was simply to see if it worked out, then by any sensible measure, it’s turning into a major train wreck. I certainly wouldn’t want to be the man trying to justify another year given what he has achieved up to now.

He wanted to prove himself in Scottish/European football. It’s fair to say that it has been a bridge too far for him, and while his CV might not overplay his achievements,  it certainly seems to have overplayed his skill set.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

13 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Would like to see Rennie pack in and Kenny Miller staying until summer. Very sad as I wanted this merry-go-round to stop but Rennie has not worked. Really wanted it to be a great return to his hometown but sadly it has not worked for him or us. Need to try things for next season now.

Kenny Miller was interviewed live on Sky Sports on Thursday with Falkirk Stadium as the backdrop. He’d clearly taken time off from his coaching duties to do the interview. Time off from coaching the club he works for to talk about Rangers for 15 mins.

I want people at my club who only care about Falkirk. Give me a Houston, a Baptie, a McGivern. If he cares about Rangers so much he can f**k off and work for them.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Kenny Miller was interviewed live on Sky Sports on Thursday with Falkirk Stadium as the backdrop. He’d clearly taken time off from his coaching duties to do the interview. Time off from coaching the club he works for to talk about Rangers for 15 mins.

I want people at my club who only care about Falkirk. Give me a Houston, a Baptie, a McGivern. If he cares about Rangers so much he can f**k off and work for them.

Not as good as Barry though 🤣

32 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

“Well Martin, first and foremost, a bad day at the office today, but I actually thought we were rather unlucky in spells. If Airdrie hadn’t gone 3-0 up before Leigh bagged his goal, theres a high chance we’d have got something out of this game, isn’t there?”

Honestly read that in his voice. Beautifully done. 

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

rennie better come out and say it wasn't good enough in the post match interview. 

if he comes out with anymore of that deluded positive spin it'll just wind everyone up more.

Doesn't take much for you Falkirk fantasists 😁