The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

This is as bad as I remember for over 40 years. 

Rennie hasn't worked. End it now and give someone a chance to use the upcoming games to some advantage for next season. 

Keeping Rennie would absolutely be the straw to break the camels back. 

If the BoD opt to persevere with Rennie then I'll be like the club - finished! 

The bod can go with Rennie in October tbh if that’s the decision they make.

Just now, Top of Meeks Road said:

This is as bad as I remember for over 40 years. 

Rennie hasn't worked. End it now and give someone a chance to use the upcoming games to some advantage for next season. 

Keeping Rennie would absolutely be the straw to break the camels back. 

If the BoD opt to persevere with Rennie them I'll be like the club - finished! 

I have been going since 1979 and i am not even thinking about going to games just now,i have been to 3 games this season and even then i didn't enjoy them.

Before Covid we had 4 generations at games.

We cannot blunder again. The next decision is critical. 

I know we are all capable of exaggeration when our emotions are running high, but the apathy and resignation within the support is palpable. 

Quite simply, the future of the club is at stake. Absolutely no disrespect to Montrose - a club that nearly lost its SFL place only a few years ago - but Falkirk should never be capitulating in a home match to a part time team. 

Stewart Petrie has worked wonders with what he has... our succession of duds are not in his class! 

The defending for that first goal is just incredible. So many players just avoiding any responsibility at all. No pressure on the ball from Telfer in the middle of the park, ATS sleeping letting Ballantyne having all that time for the long diagonal, Kabia never in shot at any point, soft as shite from Miller and Telfer again on the edge of the box and then Brad McKay absolutely shiting his pants at the tamest shot on goal you’re ever likely to see.

Another appalling day for the club. Another appalling performance. Another appalling post match interview. Estimated around one and a half thousand fans missing from early season attendances.

If the BOD care enough about our club, get this manager and coach sacked/released first thing Monday morning.

Every player should be told in no uncertain terms that they have no future and can GTF. 

I stand by my earlier post and play out the season with a youth team, albeit with a few guys like McCann McGuffie Kabia. Morrison & Dowds included. 

Deals for Much & Telfer ? Really ? If this is true serious questions need to be asked about the guys running the club. 

7 hours ago, Blame Me said:

As I posted earlier the BOD can be in no doubt that Rennie *and* Miller can't be the guys to take us forward and should be dispensed with immediately.

They only need to ask how the players can train so well during the week - according to the head coach - and yet that translates to worsening performances when it matters.

Something doesn't add up and we also need to get to the root of why we always struggle AT HOME! 

Why does every other team enjoy our surface except us it seems. 

I'm glad you said "and Miller".

All i read when they were appointed was "Rennie & Miller"  this and "R&M" that , I had to check they weren't co-managers.

Now it's all going pear shaped it's only Rennie that is getting pelters - which he should be, but why is Miller absolved of all blame?

He never fronts the press or media unless it is to talk about Rangers. I'm pretty sure he's been awful in every coaching role he's had since stopping playing (I haven't checked this, it's just my perception).  

If you are part of the solution in the beginning you must also be part of the problem when it goes wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'm glad you said "and Miller".

All i read when they were appointed was "Rennie & Miller"  this and "R&M" that , I had to check they weren't co-managers.

Now it's all going pear shaped it's only Rennie that is getting pelters - which he should be, but why is Miller absolved of all blame?

He never fronts the press or media unless it is to talk about Rangers. I'm pretty sure he's been awful in every coaching role he's had since stopping playing (I haven't checked this, it's just my perception).  

If you are part of the solution in the beginning you must also be part of the problem when it goes wrong. 

I’m sure there was a few Livi fans with some not so good comments about Miller.

9 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You told me with 100% certainty he had nothing to do with the January signings while he was still a part of the club but now he’s responsible for appointing Rennie!?

He got potted before the window opened, he only thought we needed a RB for cover anyway. I don’t get the relevance. He was part of the decision making along with all the other directors. He would have had to be the structure at the time meant The new manager would report to him. Had they not involved him, pitted him when they did they would have left themselves open to possible constructive dismissal. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He got potted before the window opened, he only thought we needed a RB for cover anyway. I don’t get the relevance. He was part of the decision making along with all the other directors. He would have had to be the structure at the time meant The new manager would report to him. Had they not involved him, pitted him when they did they would have left themselves open to possible constructive dismissal. 

Hang on…

Firstly you keep changing this nonsense about only needing a RB. It was Holt who said a RB and a striker then Sheerin and Holt and now Holt who said a RB. Who’s leaking this and why should we believe it to be true?

Secondly, you told me with absolute  certainty, whilst Holt was still at the club, that any new signings would be 100% Rennie’s. Regardless of when he left why would that not be construed as constructive criticism if he wasn’t going to be part of the player selection process!?

21 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Hang on…

Firstly you keep changing this nonsense about only needing a RB. It was Holt who said a RB and a striker then Sheerin and Holt and now Holt who said a RB. Who’s leaking this and why should we believe it to be true?

Secondly, you told me with absolute  certainty, whilst Holt was still at the club, that any new signings would be 100% Rennie’s. Regardless of when he left why would that not be construed as constructive criticism if he wasn’t going to be part of the player selection process!?

They were Rennie’s. Holt left before the window opened. Rennie clearly didn’t take his advice. The January signings are all on Rennie. Sheerin was potted at the start of December so don’t see the relevance of his wishes for the January window. 

It is you bringing up players, not me. I was merely responded to a jibe at me that “my pals” brought in the manager when there was a good number of people involved not just “my pals”. As Holt was DOF at the time you can’t keep him out of that process. Granted you don’t need to listen to his views - I have no idea if he wanted Rennie - but you can’t not involve him in that process because of his role and the difficulties that could cause the club.

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They were Rennie’s. Holt left before the window opened. Rennie clearly didn’t take his advice. The January signings are all on Rennie. Sheerin was potted at the start of December so don’t see the relevance of his wishes for the January window. 

It is you bringing up players, not me. I was merely responded to a jibe at me that “my pals” brought in the manager when there was a good number of people involved not just “my pals”. As Holt was DOF at the time you can’t keep him out of that process. Granted you don’t need to listen to his views - I have no idea if he wanted Rennie - but you can’t not involve him in that process because of his role and the difficulties that could cause the club.

Dunno about this. Its a real stretch to construe constructive dismissal out of this scenario IMO. In any case the delay in sacking Holt was baffling enough, but if we are to believe that during that delay, he was being allowed to play an active part in a huge appointment then we have jumped about a dozen sharks. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Dunno about this. Its a real stretch to construe constructive dismissal out of this scenario IMO. In any case the delay in sacking Holt was baffling enough, but if we are to believe that during that delay, he was being allowed to play an active part in a huge appointment then we have jumped about a dozen sharks. 

If I had been holt and the club tried to appoint someone who reported to me I would have seen the writing on the wall, resigned and taken the for CD. Trust me we would have left ourselves open. As I have said I have no idea whether he wanted Rennie or not. 

Guest Ecosse83

Holt interviewed both Rennie and Rice. From what I hear it was just a box ticking exercise, he sided with Rice that’s all I know. 

I know me and BPM have disagreed with Rennie but he’s not trying to put the blame onto Holt for Rennies appointment! 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Springfield said:

What is the exact role of the Patrons within the club. After a considerable investment you would think they’d be asking the BOD what is going on ?

What do you mean by what is going on?