The Falkirk FC Thread

Houstie is untouchable.

He identifies decent players for us to sign then tells the money men to deal him in.

The agent reads the offer and pisses himself laughing.

If I was Houstie and someone on the board had a go at me because of the recent results wi Peterhead and Ross C, I'd ask them to get real with wages and stop being so fucking miserable.

We are 2nd top with probably the 4th or 5th highest budget.

Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Houstie is untouchable.

He identifies decent players for us to sign then tells the money men to deal him in.

The agent reads the offer and pisses himself laughing.

If I was Houstie and someone on the board had a go at me because of the recent results wi Peterhead and Ross C, I'd ask them to get real with wages and stop being so fucking miserable.

We are 2nd top with probably the 4th or 5th highest budget.

It certainly seems we are struggling to get players over the line.

We can all speculate why. It won't just be money but it will probably the major factor.

Am I right in saying Rogers conceded over 85 goals for Dumbarton last year?

Those goals weren't Rogers fault, that was down to a powderpuff midfield and inept defence. The goals against column isn't a fair reflection on how Rogers done with Dumbarton.

As has been mentioned numerous times, Rogers was our young player of the year, was in the running for player of the year and picked up another couple of awards. He had a busy time of it with us and I actually thought he'd be in with a shout of getting a shot at Aberdeen this season.

Wish people at the club were more vocal about the standard and quality of the most important part of any football team... The team that's on the park every match day!

True, Smith has a point, maybe Houston's odds have been shortened!

I think Smith has brought this up because he is the chief of the managers union or something. Separate issue from Falkirk FC and Tuesdays mauling.

And?

I would have thought it was obvious but I'll spell it out:

The number of goals a team concedes is a reflection of that teams ability to defend and is not necessarily a reflection of how 'good' the team's goalkeeper is.

As an example I cited that whilst McGovern was an exceptional goalkeeper he conceded more goals than other goalkeepers in the league who were undoubtedly inferior to him.

The number of goals a team concedes is a reflection of that teams ability to defend and is not necessarily a reflection of how 'good' the team's goalkeeper is.

As an example I cited that whilst McGovern was an exceptional goalkeeper he conceded more goals than other goalkeepers in the league who were undoubtedly inferior to him.

You got any proof of this or is it merely your opinion?

Universal among Falkirk fans is the phrase you were looking for.

Here's an example of a rival fan praising him ...

ETA forgot to mention McGovern. Fantastic tonight.

Indeed the very same fan had no issue with McGovern being named in the Championship Team Of The Year:

Don't see the argument for Letheren. McGovern and Bain made great saves against us that won their team points. Letheren never had an impact against us.

I don't disagree with the Falkirk players in there but you have to wonder how they never strolled the league with most of the team of the year.

^_^

My and was me saying does it really matter. He was the best in the league and the best we have had for many years. Stats mean little.

There are an awfy lot of folk on the COYB Facebook page who would be absolutely delighted at finishing the season on 36 draws and 36 points as 'draws are better than defeats' and 'still undefeated COYB'. Insane stuff.

There are an awfy lot of folk on the COYB Facebook page who would be absolutely delighted at finishing the season on 36 draws and 36 points as 'draws are better than defeats' and 'still undefeated COYB'. Insane stuff.

Bit of a strange post considering what they are saying is 100% correct. And going by your post I don't think they said happy to settle for 36 draws.

Bit of a strange post considering what they are saying is 100% correct. And going by your post I don't think they said happy to settle for 36 draws.

Why is it a strange post? Both the last two games have been winnable and we've taken two points out of six. The season before last we missed out on the playoffs by one point. They all add up. We cannot afford to throw points away.