The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Glad to see Hetherington out the door- another crazy Holt 2 year deal nowhere near the standard required. 

And to think there were suggestions on here he might be offered a new contract 

The only one you get the fear about maybe getting offered something at the end of the season is Nesbitt if he survives this window. Personally I wouldn't keep him either. 

4 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

Alloa seemed to like him, maybe more suited to more direct football.  I hope they have made sure the loan is water tight to the end of the season before we spend the money.  Can't have him come back injured with splinters from Arbroath's bench and blow our budget

You mean direct enough that he doesn't get the ball. That would suit him better certainly.

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I would look to move Nesbitt on now if possible 

Nesbitt & McGuffie have played a hell of a lot of football so I doubt we'll be trying to move them on. McGlynn seems to rate Nesbitt given how much he's started him.

Hopefully the moves McGlynn has been making allow us to bring in another two signings.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Given Nesbitt & McGuffie have played a hell of a lot of football I doubt we'll be trying to move them on. McGlynn seems to rate Nesbitt given how much he's started him.

Hopefully the moves McGlynn has been making allow us to bring in another two signings.

In my view we will not go up if those two continue to play regularly 

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view we will not go up if those two continue to play regularly 

Agreed but I don't mind them sticking around as squad options until the summer. 

Hopefully Lawal gets back fit, McGlynn signs another midfielder and/or plays Henderson in midfield. 

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Hetherington leaves for Arbroath on loan. Doubt this will end in a clamber for his return like Dowds did following his spell. 

Going by McGlynns comments we've seen the last of him. 

Fair play going now and earning a deal over the remainder of this season than have to mess about next summer.

6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Going by McGlynns comments we've seen the last of him. 

Fair play going now and earning a deal over the remainder of this season than have to mess about next summer.

I said this very thing yesterday. It also looks to me that McGuffie is out of the picture now too, with Kennedy, Nesbitt, Lawal, Morrison all ahead of him for one of the positions behind the striker.