The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Four laughing emojis? Oaft, OK boomer. 

Good of you to admit I am living rent free though, the truth will set you free. 

……you are the very definition of a moth to the flame. You can’t help yourself. Falkirk FC is your addiction, and you do anything and everything you can to make it look like it’s something else……but you just don’t have the skill set to do it.

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Grant228 losing the plot here and it’s quite sad actually. Worth a slagging initially after  his ‘misguided’ posts but the ‘don’t back down, double down’ approach from him is depressing. Maybe take some time off Pie and Bovril for 24 hours, there’s more to life than this forum and not sure what these posts are doing for you. Have time to reflect on what you’ve said and decide how to proceed from there. 

Falkirk fans in the main will accept your apology and we can then move on from all this.

I do genuinely hope PnB doesn't affect you that much as you're inferring there. The forum isn't all encompassing matey. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just leave the thread for a wee while Grant honestly. This patter is even worse than the songs stuff

Quite, "Grant is a tree thinker" was a real knee slapper. 

jeez....just logged on here after a few days... I generally like the 'multi team forum' thing but then other times....

Plus people who don't understand what the term "living rent free" means...   from my mind it would be for an example a a Rangers fan constantly tweeting about Celtic or indeed maybe even a Dunfermline fan constantly posting on a Falkirk thread.....maybe just me though...

I generally don't have a problem with Grant as a poster. Which is why iv stuck with the "just leave it alone now" thing. 

But "rent free" was, to the best of my knowledge, never intended to be a response to people replying to incessant doubling down on a catastrophically shite "point" When Grant wants to get back to football, or mild back and fort im 💯 here for him

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I generally don't have a problem with Grant as a poster. Which is why iv stuck with the "just leave it alone now" thing. 

But "rent free" was, to the best of my knowledge, never intended to be a response to people replying to incessant doubling down on a catastrophically shite "point" When Grant wants to get back to football, or mild back and fort im 💯 here for him

'Ive made an arse of myself, but everyone who is laughing at me is obsessed!' Very old firm fan like behaviour.

Being called a boomer genuinely made me cringe I thought that was something teenage Reddit users said. 

9 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

'Ive made an arse of myself, but everyone who is laughing at me is obsessed!' Very old firm fan like behaviour.

Being called a boomer genuinely made me cringe I thought that was something teenage Reddit users said. 

Just be grateful it wasn't accompanied with a Jennifer Lawrence gif

10 hours ago, Trump said:

Grant228 losing the plot here and it’s quite sad actually. Worth a slagging initially after  his ‘misguided’ posts but the ‘don’t back down, double down’ approach from him is depressing. Maybe take some time off Pie and Bovril for 24 hours, there’s more to life than this forum and not sure what these posts are doing for you. Have time to reflect on what you’ve said and decide how to proceed from there. 

Falkirk fans in the main will accept your apology and we can then move on from all this.

f**k him. Bawbag 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Sounds like Henderson and possibly McKay will be fit for Saturday. Plenty of competition for places all over the park. 

We have genuine competition for the first time in a long time.

From what I saw on Saturday, and listening to McGlynn, I don’t think it’ll be long before Kucheriavyi is in the team. The question is who for? I think Henderson has been excellent in midfield but does he go back to centre half? Nisbett dropped? I can’t really see any other option but will be interesting to see what happens. 

Can anyone remember a home league game against Hamilton Accies in the SPL (must have been in 2008-09 or 2009-10) where they gifted us a 1-0 lead with an absolutely comical own goal?

Cant find any footage of it online but the Sporting Lisbon goal reminded me of it. 

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Can anyone remember a home league game against Hamilton Accies in the SPL (must have been in 2008-09 or 2009-10) where they gifted us a 1-0 lead with an absolutely comical own goal?

Cant find any footage of it online but the Sporting Lisbon goal reminded me of it. 

No but I remember a rocket from Lee Bullen against them in November 2009.

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

We have genuine competition for the first time in a long time.

From what I saw on Saturday, and listening to McGlynn, I don’t think it’ll be long before Kucheriavyi is in the team. The question is who for? I think Henderson has been excellent in midfield but does he go back to centre half? Nisbett dropped? I can’t really see any other option but will be interesting to see what happens. 

McGlynn loves Nisbett but it has to be him dropping out for Kucheriavyi when he wins his place in the team. Henderson's been far too key in there to drop him back into defence.

49 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Was that the post split game when they came back to win with goals from the Paixao twins?

I do remember a 4-1 win where Bobby Olejnik fumbled the ball into his own net in the last minute, the big gonk.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

February 2009 I think, we went ahead early through OG and lost 2-1

15 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was that the post split game when they came back to win with goals from the Paixao twins?

I do remember a 4-1 win where Bobby Olejnik fumbled the ball into his own net in the last minute, the big gonk.

I think the post split game was a 1-0 win for Accies in 2010.

@grumpyoldman is correct I believe. Can't find the highlights anywhere though.