The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

That's the first time I've seen that tweet, the replies are predictably depressing. 

I'll change the thought process to "lifted tweet from vile twitter account" 

I'm sure the OPs wording

was unintentional, I wouldn't have made any connection. 

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. (also agree with the rest of your post Fwiw, but just on this point) 

However just because someone claims an incident has happened, doesn't mean it has. Falkirk fans more than most will be acutely aware of this after the Dennon Lewis incident? I might be getting my wires crossed but was a Falkirk fan (s?) accused of racial abuse, on here posters hadn't heard or seen anything and were quite vexed at the stance the club ended up taking, and in the end it was a load of bollocks and the club had to apologise? If anything is wrong there feel free to say. 

Now in this situation there's a poster making a pretty big accusation, that forty people were outside TFS singing horrible songs about Gowans. Now, despite being at the game I never seen or heard anything,  knowing loads of people at the game they also seen and heard nothing. As well as that forty people doing that would be a talking point right? Surely someone would've mentioned it on the thread on here? Pars or Falkirk fan? At both games this season fan behaviour has been posted about quite allot, and despite that absolutely nothing, until now has been posted about this? If the shoe was on the other foot and the accusation was about Falkirk fans would you accept the story as 100% genuine from a random poster? Not a chance. 

Think why the Falkirk fans never heard or saw any racial abuse against Mr Lewis, is because there was none, that was proven at a later date. The gripe with the club was the way they handled it, they basically did no investigation and deemed the fans guilty without one shred of evidence that corroborated Lewis’s accusations.  I’m sure you’ll agree that the club made an arse of things, at least our new BOD seem to have got the hang of things in that respect.

As for the Craig Gowan song I have no grounds to believe or disbelieve either of you, the point I was making was just because you didn’t hear it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. 

What we both agree on is these things do happen not just with our clubs but throughout football in general and not enough is done by clubs to prevent it.

Edited by grumpyoldman

1 hour ago, Big_Craig_Football said:

you mean the title winning run in dont you ? 

if fit he will be the best midfielder in the league, just what you guys didn't want i would guess. Hopefully you get up in the playoffs and we have the derby next season too.

He doesn't add much height to your bus infront of the 5 man defence or is the plan to sneak him on Chris Hamilton's shoulders to create one fully grown adult man? 

Absolutely shitting myself at them stats, ballllllllllller. 

5F31EE23-0536-4E9B-A697-2BCD196CDC90.jpeg

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He doesn't add much height to your bus infront of the 5 man defence or is the plan to sneak him on Chris Hamilton's shoulders to create one fully grown adult man? 

Absolutely shitting myself at them stats, ballllllllllller. 

5F31EE23-0536-4E9B-A697-2BCD196CDC90.jpeg

Slight modification for you m8

5F31EE23-0536-4E9B-A697-2BCD196CDC90.jpeg.6b62f0002fb01e3278e60f4cf28d6d4d.jpeg.thumb.jpg.e1174088ab3f7e756a5fa02bf97835c0.jpg

1 hour ago, grumpyoldman said:

Think why the Falkirk fans never heard or saw any racial abuse against Mr Lewis, is because there was none, that was proven at a later date. T1 hour ago, grumpyoldman said: Think why the Falkirk fans never heard or saw any racial abuse against Mr Lewis, is because there was none, that was proven at a later date. The gripe with the club was the way they handled it, they basically did no investigation and deemed the fans guilty without one shred of evidence that corroborated Lewis’s accusations. I’m sure you’ll agree that the club made an arse of things, at least our new BOD seem to have got the hang of things in that respect. As for the Craig Gowan song I have no grounds to believe or disbelieve either of you, the point I was making was just because you didn’t hear it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. What we both agree on is these things do happen not just with our clubs but throughout football in general and not enough is done by clubs to prevent it. he gripe with the club was the way they handled it, they basically did no investigation and deemed the fans guilty without one shred of evidence that corroborated Lewis’s accusations. I’m sure you’ll agree that the club made an arse of things, at least our new BOD seem to have got the hang of things in that respect.

As for the Craig Gowan song I have no grounds to believe or disbelieve either of you, the point I was making was just because you didn’t hear it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. 

What we both agree on is these things do happen not just with our clubs but throughout football in general and not enough is done by clubs to prevent it.

They did do an investigation albeit an embarrassing one.  The players dad who made the initial accusation was approached by the media guy who was at the club at the time.  He then identified the two accused on Facebook and then police Scotland were called.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Is there anything in particular you're thinking of? If we were singing about Craig Gowans en masses or songs of that Ilk then absolutely. Thankfully that isn't the case. The club has in the past released statements when fan behaviour hasn't been good enough, every club has idiots, that's inevitable, you can't help who else supports your team. The club though can make it clear what behaviour is, and isn't acceptable which is where the old firm are complicit in there silence. 

Clearly you are deaf - or selectively so 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not sure . He's 35 now and not played since the start of October . He's certainly got the worst haircut in Scottish football .

Gets his haircut on a rollercoaster

Edited by Back Post Misses