The Falkirk FC Thread

Crowds not big enough? Actually though, that may well have been a factor.

I remember some cracking games against Cowdenbeath, Not going back to WW2 though before you ask!

Not entirely sure. We used to have decent crowds (like everyone back in the day when football was the only real entertainment about). Pretty sure I've been told or read it was rigged by some kind of West coast club mafia that ran Scottish football back then.

Not entirely sure. We used to have decent crowds (like everyone back in the day when football was the only real entertainment about). Pretty sure I've been told or read it was rigged by some kind of West coast club mafia that ran Scottish football back then.

That's modern Scottish football

Scott Shepherd has signed for Brechin on loan, thoughts?

He's alright, burst through a couple of seasons ago, really fast but no strength. He's now built up but has lost some pace. Can look brilliant some games then crap the next. Sometimes gets the ball about the half way line and skins 4 players then runs the ball out the park.

Unfortunately I've seen him go down quite easily when things aren't going his way sometimes which is frustrating. Not much discipline. Not featured much this season.

Partick, Killie and Dundee Utd have all been in freefall over the season too but I doubt they would get beat 8-1 at Parkhead in an 11 v 11 scenario of a Celtic team that in years to come, will be remembered as in the same class of a Lou Macari line up

I just feel its an embarrassment for the league, Id say the same if Rangers beat a full time club in this division 8-1 at home in an 11 v 11 scenario albeit two of them would be penalties no doubt.....

Ive no qualms with the make up of the SPL clubs, Ive always went down the route of football is on merit, albeit some clubs spending outwith their means to do so. The product in the top league is a shitfest, last seasons viewing figures on live games pointed to that, having 3 championship teams out the top 5 as the most watched teams with Rangers being top.

I just personally feel there is too many of the teams at a level thats just meh, whereas in the past we have had St Johnstone, Ross County, Inverness etc show good form throughout a season and give the bigger boys a run for their money in games, it just seems now that they are all beating each other in a league of 8 and its fast becoming a shit sandwich.

Yep, Hamilton players had finished their day jobs and took on Celtic.......lets forget part time v full time.......

You're all over the place. I thought you were using Hamilton as a marker of how poor the League is.

Now you're saying other teams wouldn't have lost by such a margin.

You seem to lament the fact that it's competitive and sides can beat each other. That sounds like a good thing to me.

Lots of people watched the second tier last season because three of the five best supported sides were in it and at the top end. Stop the nonsense of pretending it's a sign of anything else.

You say that some sides gave top teams a fright in previous seasons, ignoring that the likes of Kilmarnock and Motherwell have dented Celtic this time, while half the League took a bite out of Aberdeen in the autumn.

All over the place.

Scott Shepherd has signed for Brechin on loan, thoughts?

Lost his pace due to growing, lost his greatest strength. He was lightning fast when he first came in under Holt and looked to have a big future, skip forward 3 seasons and its been downhill from season 2013/14.

I wish him well, but dont think he is capable at Falkirk

Graham Bowman has signed on loan for Stenny, thoughts?

Will he get a game ?

His Bottle has went when called on at Falkirk, Id imagine he will be in the shop window for new suitors for next season

Bit far. Seventy five miles you know. These Falkirk boys like everything to be within half an hour of their door. I was trying to join in.

nope, miss my Inverness/Ross County weekend trips, Ayr away....

Lost his pace due to growing, lost his greatest strength. He was lightning fast when he first came in under Holt and looked to have a big future, skip forward 3 seasons and its been downhill from season 2013/14.

I wish him well, but dont think he is capable at Falkirk

Will he get a game ?

His Bottle has went when called on at Falkirk, Id imagine he will be in the shop window for new suitors for next season

nope, miss my Inverness/Ross County weekend trips, Ayr away....

Surely you wouldn't have the bare-faced cheek to go back to Ayr? ;)

I think I remember reading a coupe of pages ago that Bowman's a bit of a nutter? What's the story there?

And is he any good?

Edited to add: I'm sure Bowman's been brought to the club as the #1. Jamie Barclay (one of your old boys) has been a catastrophe this season.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

You're all over the place. I thought you were using Hamilton as a marker of how poor the League is. Now you're saying other teams wouldn't have lost by such a margin. You seem to lament the fact that it's competitive and sides can beat each other. That sounds like a good thing to me. Lots of people watched the second tier last season because three of the five best supported sides were in it and at the top end. Stop the nonsense of pretending it's a sign of anything else. You say that some sides gave top teams a fright in previous seasons, ignoring that the likes of Kilmarnock and Motherwell have dented Celtic this time, while half the League took a bite out of Aberdeen in the autumn. All over the place.

Where did I make a stance that Hamilton were the basis on my view of the SPL ?

I heard the 8-1 result, checked to see if there was any sending off's and then thot it was an embarrassment, of which I have stated in varying posts that its embarrassing.

The basis of 8 teams being as shit as each other isnt competitive, its more like watching the wee boys/girls under 7 play small games on matchday at half time on the pitch, which is a blessing it only last 10mins. I cant say I'm a fan of watching wee boys/girls play, I cant speak for you tho

Aberdeen, Celtic and Heart are the only ones showing some sort of consistency in the league but being as poor as they are can easily be dragged down a level or two, the fact Kilmarnock and Motherwell dented Celtic shows how poor a result the 8-1 is

Ive never pretended it was anything else other than a shit league and not because one result or certain clubs not being in the league. The betting odds on Celtic to win the league before a ball is kicked 1/20 and now sit currently at 1/50 as there season ticket numbers drop year in year out and thousands dont turn up to certain games, clubs having four stands where 3 will do sometimes 2...yep our game at the top level has never been in better shape

The basis of 8 teams being as shit as each other isnt competitive, its more like watching the wee boys/girls under 7 play small games on matchday at half time on the pitch, which is a blessing it only last 10mins. I cant say I'm a fan of watching wee boys/girls play, I cant speak for you tho

What, in God's name are you on about?

That's just staggering stuff.

Mehmet to be announced shortly I'd imagine as Bowman is going on loan

What's folks thoughts on mehmet? I've no idea of the standard over in Malaysia so don't know how much weight his record there should hold. His end to st mirren career was hardly outstanding in terms of goals.

Can't see him playing ahead of Miller or Baird?

What's folks thoughts on mehmet? I've no idea of the standard over in Malaysia so don't know how much weight his record there should hold. His end to st mirren career was hardly outstanding in terms of goals.

Not Billy Mehmet.

Deniz Mehmet

Edited by keithgy

Has every Falkirk fan agreed to make a tit of themselves on this forum today?

This is truly outstanding stuff :lol:

ETA. This is what happens when you spend too much time smelling the fumes in Grangemouth on a Saturday.

Edited by CowdenConvert