The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Will do. 

If you would be so kind, could you also enquire if Falkirk are a member of, or are going to sign up to, the On The Ball campaign for the free provision of period products in the Stadium?

12 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

And yet for all our recent trials and tribulations you'd swap places with us in a heartbeat. We will eventually get out of League 1 and into the Championship, something that you will never do unless you get a mega rich benefactor like Roy McGregor. One day we will again play in the Scottish Premiership, when, I do not know, but it will happen. Again, something that Peterhead will never do.

Peterhead turning into Falkirk is the stuff of your wet dreams, Falkirk turning into Peterhead and dropping into League 2 is our very worst nightmare.

As a Falkirk fan, put this chat straight in the bin! Clyde were a top flight club but never reached there again. Certainly old Rangers never will.

Its sport, no guarantees.

20 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

As a Falkirk fan, put this chat straight in the bin! Clyde were a top flight club but never reached there again. Certainly old Rangers never will.

Its sport, no guarantees.

Yes, there are no guarantees in sport but you're not comparing like with like.

Clyde are a nomad club, sadly, now with next to no fanbase and who currently don't have their own stadium. They were last in the top flight 48 years ago.

We have a loyal fanbase, our attendances in League 1 are just under 6 times more than Clyde are achieving and we are working on growing fan ownership. As a fulltime club, who were last in the top flight 16 years ago, working on getting an academy established to supply us with a conveyor belt of home grown talent, we have a much more realistic chance of getting into the Scottish Premiership than Clyde have. I don't see it happening in time for our 150th anniversary but we will get there.

Have faith.

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Clyde are a nomad club, sadly, now with next to no fanbase and who currently don't have their own stadium. They were last in the top flight 48 years ago.

We have a loyal fanbase, our attendances in League 1 are just under 6 times more than Clyde are achieving and we are working on growing fan ownership. As a fulltime club, who were last in the top flight 16 years ago, working on getting an academy established to supply us with a conveyor belt of home grown talent, we have a much more realistic chance of getting into the Scottish Premiership than Clyde have. I don't see it happening in time for our 150th anniversary but we will get there.

Have faith.

It's the hope that kills you.

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Have faith.

A complete distortion of what I posted.

For one you have completely omitted my mention of old Glasgow Rangers and secondly, I’m well aware of what Clyde are now and you have actually backed up my point by mentioning when Clyde were last in the top flight. 

I never said I didn’t have faith but by the same token I don’t have the attitude of we will be in the Scottish Premiership one day.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Similarly I've been on here for almost 20 years and you're absolutely right about the number of complete zoomers being way higher "back in the day" generally.

I suppose for me as someone who periodically is at the wind up with Falkirk fans on here it basically boils down to the fact that you have a larger than average contingent who tend to "bite" and get riled up over and over in comparison to a lot of other clubs.

The loyalty of your fan base has been really commendable in the last 5 years, that's been your major positive and for a lot of folk it probably rightly gets used as a shield when other fans slag/criticise you. Unfortunately as this is PnB that then gets boomeranged straight back and you get it tight for your "billy big baws" attitude. It's a no win situation.

I think we can all agree on two things though:

1. The ugly sister in Glasgow is where the real scorn is reserved for.

and

2. Per capita, Morton have always had and will continue to have the absolute worst group of posters on the site. Falkirk aren't even in their stratosphere for online morons.

None of this will of course stop me being on here later giving it the big GIRFUY in the very unlikely event we don't bottle the game today. 

Also think that it helps if you have your own club fans forum, where zoomers are more likely to head to for posting their inane drivel.  I dread to think the state of this place should dafc.net shut down and the lunatics discovered threads like this and decided to post.  You think it’s bad now…?  

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not sure if Hamilton are a young side or not but they look full of energy and enthusiasm.

They don't appear to be leaving g fucking enormous gaps in the middle of the pitch, and their players appear to be willing to take responsibility for tracking runners and competing for second balls, so in that regard, you would have to say they are better than us at least. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They don't appear to be leaving g fucking enormous gaps in the middle of the pitch, and their players appear to be willing to take responsibility for tracking runners and competing for second balls, so in that regard, you would have to say they are better than us at least. 

Certainly much better drilled. Each of their players seem to know what their responsibilities are and what their role is on the pitch.

Their coaching team has clearly spent a lot of time watching Airdrie and creating a plan to counter Airdrie’s goal threat but also to try and focus on exploiting Airdrie’s defensive frailties.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Both team’s movement from back to middle, and middle to front is a joy to watch.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Airdrie defending crossed balls like us I see. Taylor Sinclair back to being honking. Hamilton seem to have the physical edge so far. 

No no, he's Franco Malbeckenbaresi now don't forget