The Falkirk FC Thread

Let’s see what McGlynn brings to the table for the new season.

Massive vote of confidence from the BOD in keeping his job, when many clubs would have binned.

His squad, his team, his signings, his tactics, no excuses to fall back on, in our most crucial season that I can remember. 

30 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The only time a board should intervene in recruitment is if the player being signed has risks/elements that are additional to footballing performance which would lead to damage to the club and its reputation off the pitch (see you-know-who from Clyde).

Otherwise, the manager gets free rein to recruit who he wants within the set, agreed budget. If he fails, he'll lose his job. Simple enough.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting the board stop the manager recruiting who he wants (unless there is a Goodwillie-type scenario).

However, for me there has got to be some oversight of contract terms/lengths. Particularly in a situation where by all accounts it could be a part time squad in 2024 and the current manager’s contract expires in 1 year.

Fundamentally for me it is not necessary or appropriate to be handing out 2 year deals to league 1 jobbers.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

57 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That anti McGlynn sect playing a blinder 

His peers voted him in the best 11 in the league. 

He also finished the season with our highest number assists, 9 in total which was the 2nd most of any player in the division and chipped in with three goals. Never let the facts or the opinion of fellow professional players or club mangers get in the way of that tho, the posters on P&B know better. He had a poor end to the season as did 75% of the playing squad, the overall reasons for the form dropping off a cliff from the squad as a whole is what needs drilled into and resolved or the same thing might just repeat itself. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Probably because he posed them the fewest problems. They guy ain’t great, and virtually everyone knows it. Even the “top assists” chat died away after he never managed a single one after the start of January. As much as anyone, he has been a key part of two of our worst seasons in living memory…….and not in a good way.

I ain’t a huge fan I may add but his peers voted him in the team of the year as I said. Had we not resigned him then he would have got a club in the Championship IMO. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Let’s see what McGlynn brings to the table for the new season.

Massive vote of confidence from the BOD in keeping his job, when many clubs would have binned.

His squad, his team, his signings, his tactics, no excuses to fall back on, in our most crucial season that I can remember. 

Budget. That’s going to be his shout when things don’t go well.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Budget. That’s going to be his shout when things don’t go well.

He seems to have near as dam what he has last season according to the CEO so that won’t be an excuse either. He has no hiding place 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I ain’t a huge fan I may add but his peers voted him in the team of the year as I said. Had we not resigned him then he would have got a club in the Championship IMO. 

I doubt that very much. Morten jettisoned him because he wasn’t good enough for a low level Championship side, so I cannot imagine him getting a gig there. If there had been the slightest hint of interest from a Championship side, his agent would have had him gone.

I think McGlynn was the only show in town. I can think of no other club showing the slightest bit of interest in him.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I doubt that very much. Morten jettisoned him because he wasn’t good enough for a low level Championship side, so I cannot imagine him getting a gig there. If there had been the slightest hint of interest from a Championship side, his agent would have had him gone.

I think McGlynn was the only show in town. I can think of no other club showing the slightest bit of interest in him.

At the time he actually rejected Morton’s offer of an extension to come to us, it was McGuffie they jettisoned. To be honest I agree with BPM in that I’m not his biggest fan either but I can see what he brings to the table and understand the thinking in keeping him, a one year deal might have been more appropriate but I’m not the manager. Mcglynn will live or die by his decisions but they need to be his decisions to make. 

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well you are wrong 

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

What will yours and others be if he succeeds.

Succeeds at what? Look at his career, look at last season. My views on his ability are based on all of that. It’s incredibly easy to say “ah but what if he wins the league”. Is that what you are saying he is going to do? What will you say if he doesn’t?
You see how pointless that is?
I personally have never ever rated him. Not at any point in his career. The only time I have ever been troubled by a team managed by McGlynn is since he has managed us. Why? Because he has a very uninspiring track record, it’s as simple as that.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

At the time he actually rejected Morton’s offer of an extension to come to us, it was McGuffie they jettisoned. To be honest I agree with BPM in that I’m not his biggest fan either but I can see what he brings to the table and understand the thinking in keeping him, a one year deal might have been more appropriate but I’m not the manager. Mcglynn will live or die by his decisions but they need to be his decisions to make. 

Of course they will be his decisions to make.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Probably because he posed them the fewest problems. They guy ain’t great, and virtually everyone knows it. Even the “top assists” chat died away after he never managed a single one after the start of January. As much as anyone, he has been a key part of two of our worst seasons in living memory…….and not in a good way.

They voted him into the team of the season because he caused them no problems? 🤣 Heard it all now.

I'm 50/50 with Nesbit tbh, he's not as bad as some are saying but not the superstar either that will be key player to win us the league 

His agent played a blinder getting a 2 year deal, should have been 1 year with option of 2nd if we promoted, played X many games etc 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well you are wrong 

In that case, you can only be that certain if you are ITK wrt the clubs in pursuit of his signature.