The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

That training gear is about as ganting as  the players wearing it. Looks cheap, I always thought joma stuff was pretty naff but this lot might just take that mantle. One can only hope the actual strip at least looks semi decent and nowhere near the horrific kit they lumped Ayr with. 

Would Ayr not have a choice in it? 

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Would Ayr not have a choice in it? 

I believe our players picked the training gear. Whether that was solely the design or they also got to choose the colour scheme I don't know, though my guess would be design only. 

It wouldn't go down too well if for example most of our players were Celtic fans and they chose green and white. Or Hearts fans with maroon, or even worse black and white stripes. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
23 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I believe our players picked the training gear. Whether that was solely the design or they also got to choose the colour scheme I don't know, though my guess would be design only. 

It wouldn't go down too well if for example most of our players were Celtic fans and they chose green and white. Or Hearts fans with maroon, or even worse black and white stripes. 

If they did I hope none of them are on here to see the reaction……..

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

That training gear is about as ganting as  the players wearing it. Looks cheap, I always thought joma stuff was pretty naff but this lot might just take that mantle. One can only hope the actual strip at least looks semi decent and nowhere near the horrific kit they lumped Ayr with. 

That's the spirit!

34 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

If they did I hope none of them are on here to see the reaction……..

I'd imagine they'd be more disappointed with the relentless queue of folk saying how shite they are at football tbh

ETA, they were ALL within earshot of my absolute heads gone at Airdrie, and to the best of my knowledge, none of them have followed the advice given that night, so I can only assume they aren't as thin skinned or easy to upset as one might think. 

Edited by Bairnardo

Why do I get the bad feeling that when Jamie Swinney said on twitter that there would be retro strips for the duration of the 5 yr o Neill deal O Neill's think retro strip is 80s wallpaper type looking strip in the same vain as Ayr's

fwiw worth if you type in Oneills and falkirk fc this comes up:

image.png.f16a0e1a37507713c3704cce8f40eadd.png

Edited by AL-FFC

I’m resigned to the fact that no matter what strips O’Neills bring out for us in the next couple of weeks they are getting written off as shite. To be honest I couldn’t give a monkeys what they are like, if we get the right players in and they get us out this league they will be the best strips ever.

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Tbh. Couldn’t give two Fcks about the strip, albeit a nice one with white shorts would be good, give me five or six leaders better than what’s here and get us out of this shite hole.

Totally agree, strip is a side issue in all of this. Give us a team to get out of League One and they can wear O’Neills bin liners for all I care.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Why do I get the bad feeling that when Jamie Swinney said on twitter that there would be retro strips for the duration of the 5 yr o Neill deal O Neill's think retro strip is 80s wallpaper type looking strip in the same vain as Ayr's

fwiw worth if you type in Oneills and falkirk fc this comes up:

image.png.f16a0e1a37507713c3704cce8f40eadd.png

Pretty sure O’Neills can only use the three stripe feature in Ireland.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Think I said this when we signed the deal, but I’ve had some O’Neills kit in the past and it’s very good quality, much better than the shite Puma have given which feels proper cheap. No idea whether the strip will be nice or not, right enough.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Tbh. Couldn’t give two Fcks about the strip, albeit a nice one with white shorts would be good, give me five or six leaders better than what’s here and get us out of this shite hole.

The strip chat happens most seasons at this time mainly because there is bugger all else happening.

I thought some of the Puma strips were ok up until the last few seasons when they became pretty awful. Probably the best offering was the one with the landmark details on the sleeves imo, that was unique and not just a generic template. I just hope there isn't a giant carrot(slug) over the front of it this season. 

Personally thought the Puma kits have been all in all an excellent standard, which I’ll miss.

We’ve had some terrific Puma kits, the Housty 2nd season kits are easily my favourite of all time.

I hated the O’Neills announcement. Fair enough if it’s a better deal for the club, but getting cheap and nasty rugby kits is a massive downgrade imo.

Here’s hoping they look passable!

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I thought some of the Puma strips were ok up until the last few seasons when they became pretty awful. Probably the best offering was the one with the landmark details on the sleeves imo, that was unique and not just a generic template. I just hope there isn't a giant carrot(slug) over the front of it this season. 

The guy who sponsors the club puts in good money. Leave it out FFS

7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

You know that there will be as they’re the shirt sponsor but by all means tee that up for your next moan.