The Falkirk FC Thread

I think with Lawal the trick is keeping him fit. If his progress continues I feel he could be the victim of a few nasty knocks. It is a case of building his strength  and getting him a bit more league one streetwise 

Edited by Bigbrbairn

12 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I think with Lawal the trick is keeping him fit. If his progress continues I feel he could be the victim of a few nasty knocks. It is a case of building his strength  and getting him a bit more league one streetwise 

The key for me is letting him start games to progress his development. He is a lot more unpredictable than Nesbitt but also has the potential to contribute a lot more.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Remember that just up from Greigs Furniture store. Geez never thought of that for nearly 50 years 20-30 crowded in front of their shop window

There was Radio Rentals and DER and I think occasionally Clydesdale (round the corner from the Tudor) used to have a telly in the window showing the results.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We don't have any trialists and numerous posters on here have mentioned hearing that the budget is gone unless we move someone on.

I think that's pretty safe to assume.

Don’t know, but the lack of trialists in pre-season games as early as the CSS and Bonnyrigg games is pretty unusual.

5 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

What is Lawal’s story? Was he at another club?

Yep. He and Burrell were picked up pretty late last summer when we looked seriously light in terms of attacking options.

We got him from Chippenham, but the lad played in Ireland too. He holds dual Irish and Nigerian citizenship.

3 hours ago, Van_damage said:

An idea I had for the FSS which I’ve mooted before is a 5% fund that gets voted on quarterly how to spend it. The options can be put forward by members and even divided in to short, medium or long term projects and the money split accordingly to each one that is voted on. For instance long term could be saving for a LED scoreboard, medium for improvements to facilities like decorating the Brockville Bar further and something like a tifo could be a short term project.

It would allow for more engagement with members and an opportunity to see first hand how your money is making improvements to the club. 

St.Mirren do something similar which as far as I’m aware has been quite successful.

5% shouldn’t make a huge difference in finances too but can produce improvements elsewhere that become visible. It may also help increase membership for any fans that would like to have a vote.  

Blankets in the main stand - can get quite chilly

For those with a passing interest, at 23.55 tomorrow night, the Charlotte FC match is on Apple+TV, and Scotty Arfield will be playing.

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

Yeah, the pink was the Evening News. I’m sure Glasgow’s Evening Times was green.

Think in Glasgow the Evening Times was pink and the Evening Citizen was green (used to deliver them) - but then again my memory may be addled

58 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm all for improving the atmosphere get a proper bloody brass band in if you want at least that's music but a drum brought in by some punter whose never played a drum properly in their life is just a constant monotonous racket that does nothing to add to the atmosphere at all. 

Nah, it should be like in the movie Love Actually. Guys popping up all around the ground when we score playing some instrument or another! 🎺🎶🥁🎹🎸🎷🪗

30 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep. He and Burrell were picked up pretty late last summer when we looked seriously light in terms of attacking options.

We got him from Chippenham, but the lad played in Ireland too. He holds dual Irish and Nigerian citizenship.

Cool, cheers. He’s a player. 

The boy from Kelty (at some point) that shoots on sight is good too. 

You’ve got a proper McGlynn team. Great football but questionable if it wins anything. 

50 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

Blankets in the main stand - can get quite chilly

Short term project. Long term- heated seats…

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

His brother is at Celtic aswell. 

Edited by ebobsboy

3 hours ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Fuxxake, nothing like the prosecution leading the witness, eh?

I appreciate that Agyeman might need a wee bit help with his English but the interviewer wasn't half feeding him the answers:

"Being able to work with John McGlynn, everyone has good things to say about him."

"Did you want to work with him?"

"We've got good facilities, a new pitch."

How exciting is it to look forward to the new season and going for promotion?'

The new guy makes Lewis sound like an interregator for the Gestapo.

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I don't believe that is the new commentator conducting this interview.

As I understand it, that is one of our resident press officers.

Edited by Blame Me

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Fuxxake, nothing like the prosecution leading the witness, eh?

I appreciate that Agyeman might need a wee bit help with his English but the interviewer wasn't half feeding him the answers:

"Being able to work with John McGlynn, everyone has good things to say about him."

"Did you want to work with him?"

"We've got good facilities, a new pitch."

How exciting is it to look forward to the new season and going for promotion?'

It's good to offer something to complain about for those that don't mind the drum....

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Some of the best atmospheres I've witnessed were at German football games, all involved a drum and megaphone and the crowd loved it. Do it right and it doesn't have to be something to moan about. But yet again..... Falkirk fans. 

Too right, get a winning team on the park and this auld b*****d might be wanting a wee shot on the drum too 😁

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Some of the best atmospheres I've witnessed were at German football games, all involved a drum and megaphone and the crowd loved it. Do it right and it doesn't have to be something to moan about. But yet again..... Falkirk fans. 

No strong opinion either way on it and proof of its success will clearly be in its longevity.

Will be interesting to see the detail of the what and when soon.