The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well, except for the fact the SPFL did not contract with Viaplay, but don't let that stop you. 🙄

Not saying they wouldn't have willingly done so but as far as the League Cup is concerned they contracted with Premier Sports. Premier subsequently selling the actual channel to Viaplay wasn't on them.

That's also the case for the SFA as regards the national team, which they didn't sell anyway (UEFA did). I'm not certain when the most recent Scottish Cup deal was signed but assuming it was before October 2022 (which I imagine it was) that wasn't with Viaplay either.

Anyway, there's absolutely no suggestion at this stage that rights won't be paid in full so it's of no great consequence other than the fact they'll not be renewing the existing deals.

Premier sports were hardly a long established group either though . Your always taking a risk giving your business to these fly by night companies instead of those well established .Doncaster should've known that and the history of the setanta feck up should also be well known and should be avoided at all costs.  Gives you little confidence in where they go next.

As I corrected the sfa one was uefa so not their fault.

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Premier sports were hardly a long established group either though . Your always taking a risk giving your business to these fly by night companies instead of those well established .Doncaster should've known that and the history of the setanta feck up should also be well known and should be avoided at all costs.  Gives you little confidence in where they go next.

As I corrected the sfa one was uefa so not their fault.

Viaplay are hardly "fly by night", they are a Swedish based operation that have existed under various names since the 1980's (they're about the same age as Sky for instance)

And you're still missing the point that nobody's gone bust here and there's no suggestion the SPFL will lose a single penny from this deal so not really sure what your complaint is? Viaplay have decided to pull out of the UK market, they've not disappeared overnight.

The Scottish Cup Viaplay deal IS an SFA deal, albeit originally one with Premier Sports.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I don't agree with all these views either but but its a discussion forum and no league games played yet and just off the back of total collapse in Q4 with no signs (yet) pre season that we're going to be better this year.  What do you expect to be talking about?!

COYB on Facebook would really blow your mind if your triggered by these

I get that it's not been great, and I'm hurting about last years collapse just as much as anyone however some of these shouts are wild. It's a discussion forum and people are entitled to have their opinion. I am also entitled to belittle said opinion.

I have a feeling some of the COYB posters that talk nonsense are the same idiots on here.

5 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

God I've missed you x

5 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Senor Bairn taking no prisoners upon his return, some boi.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Telt.

And you'll never take my Senor Bairn away

I'm back baby! X 

all aboard for seaside away days and cans! X 

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well, except for the fact the SPFL did not contract with Viaplay, but don't let that stop you. 🙄

Not saying they wouldn't have willingly done so but as far as the League Cup is concerned they contracted with Premier Sports. Premier subsequently selling the actual channel to Viaplay wasn't on them.

That's also the case for the SFA as regards the national team, which they didn't sell anyway (UEFA did). I'm not certain when the most recent Scottish Cup deal was signed but assuming it was before October 2022 (which I imagine it was) that wasn't with Viaplay either.

Anyway, there's absolutely no suggestion at this stage that rights won't be paid in full so it's of no great consequence other than the fact they'll not be renewing the existing deals.

I don’t think that excuses them at all. Premiers Sports were the remnants of Setanta. 

The SPFL being paid is half the battle though as to my knowledge Viaplay still have to pay the OB companies for broadcasting the matches. It hasn’t been made clear yet what happens there. 

7 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I don’t think that excuses them at all. Premiers Sports were the remnants of Setanta. 

The SPFL being paid is half the battle though as to my knowledge Viaplay still have to pay the OB companies for broadcasting the matches. It hasn’t been made clear yet what happens there. 

Given that Viaplay have not gone bust but are just withdrawing from the UK market there should be no issues in paying their bills.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Given that Viaplay have not gone bust but are just withdrawing from the UK market there should be no issues in paying their bills.

Not gone bust yet but as a company that’s facing imminent losses then I don’t imagine they’ll be in a rush to pay and as freelancers it will be nice to get assurances that we will be paid before taking on a job. 

Sure the OB companies will be looking for likewise assurances. Several were left without money when Setanta went bust so still fresh in the memory. 

Edited by Van_damage

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Viaplay are hardly "fly by night", they are a Swedish based operation that have existed under various names since the 1980's (they're about the same age as Sky for instance)

And you're still missing the point that nobody's gone bust here and there's no suggestion the SPFL will lose a single penny from this deal so not really sure what your complaint is? Viaplay have decided to pull out of the UK market, they've not disappeared overnight.

The Scottish Cup Viaplay deal IS an SFA deal, albeit originally one with Premier Sports.

Christ as you've said viaplay took over premier sports. Premier sports was one the spfl went with and I for one wouldn't have gone with them after past experience with setanta.  They were then taken over by viaplay and the spfl obviously could do feck all about that but they did plump for premier sports to start with.  Viaplay look to have bitten off far more than they can chew which seems to be the problem with these companies on a regular basis.  Problem we have now is that when it comes to looking for a replacement we'll have zero bargaining power as we other companies will know we're desperate for a replacement.

18 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Christ as you've said viaplay took over premier sports. Premier sports was one the spfl went with and I for one wouldn't have gone with them after past experience with setanta.  They were then taken over by viaplay and the spfl obviously could do feck all about that but they did plump for premier sports to start with.  Viaplay look to have bitten off far more than they can chew which seems to be the problem with these companies on a regular basis.  Problem we have now is that when it comes to looking for a replacement we'll have zero bargaining power as we other companies will know we're desperate for a replacement.

It comes down to the SFA &SPFL due diligence and having in place penalty clauses for breach of contract because you can be damn sure viaplay will.

If they haven't then they are are more inept than than expected and that's saying something. 

41 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It comes down to the SFA &SPFL due diligence and having in place penalty clauses for breach of contract because you can be damn sure viaplay will.

If they haven't then they are are more inept than than expected and that's saying something. 

There’s a tiny bit of due diligence that might have rang some alarm bells. 

IMG_6575.jpeg

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

I get that it's not been great, and I'm hurting about last years collapse just as much as anyone however some of these shouts are wild. It's a discussion forum and people are entitled to have their opinion. I am also entitled to belittle said opinion.

I have a feeling some of the COYB posters that talk nonsense are the same idiots on here.

I think some of the coyb posters are just out for the day tbh. You couldn't beat them with a big stick as much as you'd like to

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Reading that Dublin has been annexed to the UK has given me enough of a fright!

Confused me at first too but guess Dublin 2 is just the name of their office.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nope. Dublin 2 is the postcode.

Princes Street South is in Dublin.

Just an error then. Probably pretended the invoices ended up in Northern Ireland as a result!

11 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not been on here all summer, took some time out from FFC related stuff after the absolute shambles against Airdrie. Came back on here for a look after the Arbroath and Spartans game (I attended both). 

Some of you c***s on here don't deserve a good football team. I've never read so much greeting faced p***ks in all my life. Since Saturday I've seen shouts for ;

1. McGlynn to be sacked (even though we have no money) at the start of the season (sure there's a quote about how insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results) 

2. If he is sacked, keeping Smith (his fucking number 2) and making him manager 🤣

3. scrapping the fucking youth academy to free up funds 🤣🤣🤣

4. This is probably the worst one for me, going after VOLUNTEERS, who help out at the club in their spare time because they didn't provide enough celebrations when we scored in a cup tie against Spartans. That goes for the posters slagging the old commentary guys too. 

Hang your heads in Fucking shame you greeting face c***s. I'm no happy clapper but f**k me man. We've played 1 league cup tie and have *checks notes* 6 (SIX) weeks left until the transfer window shuts. 

gimps x 

No.3 is the worst one for me, scrapping the youth academy (again) & B teams to free up funds to sign a RB. Have we learned nothing from the Campbell/Lang/Hartley era? What if that RB is pish and goes the same way as the other duds that have stunk the place out for the past seasons. He leaves and we are back to square one/ground zero in our football infrastructure.

Can anyone see the irony in hoping for a windfall from a sell on fee of an academy player - Fulton - from the distant past, and also at the same time wanting the fledgling B team closed down to sign a RB. 

42 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Setanta Sports was  an officer  in Viaplay, but resigned in November 2017.

Yeh Setanta, Premier Sports and Viaplay UK are all interlinked. Why it’s a worry with making payments going forward. Paying in advance for the rights is one thing but still need to pay to put the games to air. 

46 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh Setanta, Premier Sports and Viaplay UK are all interlinked. Why it’s a worry with making payments going forward. Paying in advance for the rights is one thing but still need to pay to put the games to air. 

Are you involved in broadcasting?