The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can't believe we're back to "sack McGlynn now".

Can we AT LEAST wait until something new happens for us to discuss if he deserves it. 

I don’t want to sack him but that article in the Herald today just makes you bang your head off a wall.

The guy is a loser. He is a habitual loser and so are we as a club. It’s a match made in hell.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I don’t want to sack him but that article in the Herald today just makes you bang your head off a wall.

The guy is a loser. He is a habitual loser and so are we as a club. It’s a match made in hell.

It's cliche ridden paper talk. I expect nothing else. I certainly don't expect really easy motivation to be delivered by our experienced manager to other teams by telling all and sundry that we'll use our big cheque book to bitchslap them up and down the league. 

We are very losery as a club atm tbqhwy imo

28 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The problem with McGlynn talking about budgets and where players come from is that it opens it up to questioning. 

This is the starting line up for Cove on Saturday. 

Balint Demus- 21, Cove youth

William Gillingham- 24, Central Valley Fuego

Rio Davidson-Phipps- 25, Haringey Borough

Jacob Jones- 21, Forest Green

Cameron Stewart- 20, Ipswich U21

Mouhamed Niang- 24, Hartlepool

Connor Scully- 30, Cove youth(Part Time)

Josh Kerr- 25, Bohemians

Dajon Golding- 25, Cray Wanderers

Rumarn Burrell- 22, Falkirk

Scott Williamson- 22, Queens Park(Loan)

This was our starting line up. 

Long- 20, Lincoln(Loan)

Yeats- 19, Aberdeen U21

Donaldson-28, Ross County

Lang-26, Raith

McCann- 23, Airdrie

Morrison-24, Hearts

Henderson- 26, Arbroath 

Miller- 25, Morton

Spencer-27, Raith

Ageyman- 23, Kelty

MacIver- 24, Alloa

I know Cove were missing some players but if we’re going on budget then would say our starting line up was worth a lot more. 

For reference this is the Hamilton starting line up from Saturday

Jamie Smith- 21, Hamilton Youth

Josh O’Brien- 20, Salford City U21

Jamie Barjonas- 24, Kelty

Lee Kilday- 31, Queens Park

Reghan Tumilty- 26, Hartlepool

Jackson Longridge- 28, Livingston 

Dylan Tait, 21, Hibs U21

Kyle McDonald- 23, Dunfermline

Scott Martin- 26, Hibs

Andy Winter- 21, Hamilton youth

Kevin O’Hara, 25, Dunfermline 

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can't believe we're back to "sack McGlynn now".

Can we AT LEAST wait until something new happens for us to discuss if he deserves it. 

I have no idea what is serious, what is utter buffoonery or what is sarcasm on here anymore. The first two are almost always mutually exclusive. 

Same wallopers everytime

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I have no idea what is serious, what is utter buffoonery or what is sarcasm on here anymore. The first two are almost always mutually exclusive. 

Same wallopers everytime

I'd like us to play an accelerated season with roughly a game every 36 hours thereby avoiding needless weeks of misery, and the thread descending into long breaks of absolute rabble. 

42 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

For reference this is the Hamilton starting line up from Saturday

Jamie Smith- 21, Hamilton Youth

Josh O’Brien- 20, Salford City U21

Jamie Barjonas- 24, Kelty

Lee Kilday- 31, Queens Park

Reghan Tumilty- 26, Hartlepool

Jackson Longridge- 28, Livingston 

Dylan Tait, 21, Hibs U21

Kyle McDonald- 23, Dunfermline

Scott Martin- 26, Hibs

Andy Winter- 21, Hamilton youth

Kevin O’Hara, 25, Dunfermline 

With respect McGlynn will know fine well what other clubs are paying better than yourself. Agents will tell him that. Good on him putting a bit of pressure on the Board to find the funds to add to, too small a squad. 

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Granted, but you can give the opposition too much respect. I hated it when Ray McKinnon did it and I hate it when McGlynn does it. It smacks of a defeatist attitude.

Say we were to get relegated to League 2, would it be acceptable for any Falkirk manager to say something like "league 2 is a tough league"? 

Exactly. It's perfectly possible to talk up your own team's abilities and ambitions without disrespecting rival clubs or the league as a whole. But that will never happen at a club now riven with a Zero Expectations culture. The relentless playing down of expectations and "tough, tough, tough league" mantra has clearly been a very deliberate club policy since relegation in 2019, starting with McKinnons "aiming to be top by Christmas" garbage. His now regular references to the spending being done by Hamilton Academical this summer are simply laughable, given the significant budgetary advantages he has been afforded - and squandered - in a series of transfer windows since his appointment last May.

A section of the support will, of course, be falling over themselves to lap all of this up, just as they did with his "developing season" bollocks after last season's disgraceful finale. The rest will see straight through these comments for what they truly are - the very early laying of the excuses groundwork in the event that this season turns into yet another disaster. Utterly pathetic stuff.

1 hour ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

With respect McGlynn will know fine well what other clubs are paying better than yourself. Agents will tell him that. Good on him putting a bit of pressure on the Board to find the funds to add to, too small a squad. 

I’m not sure what putting pressure on the board has to do with it. McGlynn was given a competitive budget and chose to push the boat out to sign the likes of Lang and Spencer, knowing that would leave him with a smaller squad.

Fair enough if he thinks that will give us a better chance of promotion than more numbers would (it is his neck on the line) but not sure he really has any right to complain about lack of budget.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’m not sure what putting pressure on the board has to do with it. McGlynn was given a competitive budget and chose to push the boat out to sign the likes of Lang and Spencer, knowing that would leave him with a smaller squad.

Fair enough if he thinks that will give us a better chance of promotion than more numbers would (it is his neck on the line) but not sure he really has any right to complain about lack of budget.

He has a competitive budget that is not in doubt but we are at least a couple short in numbers IMO. He knows that, you know that and I bet the Board know that too.