The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Must win on Tues night the way the table is shaping up already 

Agree - it’d be absolutely shocking if we are 4 or 5 points behind after 3 games.

For what it’s worth, I think we’ll beat Stirling however if we don’t, given we played a really under strength Cove it’s a poor, poor start to the season.

29 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Was down at the Stadium today with my dad and brother.  I know we all have our gripes about the playing side, but the club really do fan engagement very well.  We spent 30 minutes or so just wandering round looking at all the pics on the walls.

we may be languishing in League 1, but I wouldn’t swap promotion for the soul of the club.

We couldn’t make it down sadly but glad it was a good afternoon. 

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

You’re right that he doesn’t compare Cove or Hamilton to us. The way I read it, it just felt like a moan that they have some sort of advantage above us. There will be some tough games but would rather he talked in a more positive light as despite the many banana skins this league can offer I hope we’ll always fancy our chances against  Hamilton or Cove, let alone against the rest of the league. 

When I spoke to him and wished him luck before the cove game he was fully expecting 3 points. In fact when I said it's a hard place to go he said yes but we should be taking 3 points wherever we go. He certainly wasn't playing down our chances.

39 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This is one of my main gripes with McGlynn, he seems to worry about other sides more and sets us up constantly first and foremost not to lose. I’d much rather have a manager with a “f**k you” attitude, you worry about us cos we are going to come out and go after you right from the first whistle, especially at TFS.

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agree - it’d be absolutely shocking if we are 4 or 5 points behind after 3 games.

For what it’s worth, I think we’ll beat Stirling however if we don’t, given we played a really under strength Cove it’s a poor, poor start to the season

Bring on Tuesday and a good hard working performance. Nothing less…

We need to stay on the heels of Hamilton and can’t let them open up a gap as we saw how that panned out last season with the Pars, they got ahead and we never looked like reeling them in. We also need to lay down markers at TFS on 16th Sept against QOS and 7th Oct against Hamilton, if we can’t take maximum points off these teams at home, I wouldn’t fancy our chances of going the distance.

59 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

For what it’s worth, I think we’ll beat Stirling however if we don’t, given we played a really under strength Cove it’s a poor, poor start to the season.

That under strength Cove cuffed Montrose today. Only one player back from the team we played 

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We will agree to disagree, I think he has a cautious mindset who’s main priority is not losing rather than going out and going for the throat of the opposing teams.

Agree and confirmed at Airdrie. When went to 0-4 down in the first twenty plus minutes, he stood there motionless and out his depth with his game plan shot. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

That under strength Cove cuffed Montrose today. Only one player back from the team we played 

Paul McGowan and Mitch Megginson both started 

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Meggjnson always dangerous and a miss but McGowan I'm not sure he's much of a threat these days unless you’re a policeman or fan giving him stick.

I’d probably agree but he was one of the signings that McGlynn would have been alluding too. If he’s not a worry either then not sure why it’s worth him mentioning the budget as a leveller. Feels as though if we had signed 20 new players then that would also be used as a factor for any inconsistencies too. 

Clear he’s trying to put pressure on the board to release more money though. 

Edited by Van_damage

Just now, Van_damage said:

I’d probably agree but he was one of the signings that McGlynn would have been alluding too. If he’s not a worry either then not sure why it’s worth him mentioning the budget as a leveller. Feels as though if we had signed 20 new players then that would also be used as a factor for any inconsistencies. 

I've no doubt he'll be on a decent wage there otherwise he wouldn't be playing his football  in a place like cove. Fyvie to me is there biggest miss at the moment .

8 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I've no doubt he'll be on a decent wage there otherwise he wouldn't be playing his football  in a place like cove. Fyvie to me is there biggest miss at the moment .

Think it’s already been covered, CR will continue to attract (players outwith the SPL) for top wages, most other teams in both the divisions outwith the SPL can’t get near. The only issue they may experience is going fully over to full time football, which might restrict some players giving up the day job/relocation.