The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Some of the U18's, Howe's a winger(the goalscorer from last night) Knox is a defensive midfielder and not sure about Gibb. 

Brilliant.  Glad to see it. Knew this before i wrote it but it was odd to see their names. Proud of the player who did come on. Well done son by all accounts - not there to see him

Assuming everyone is back next week. I would go for a front four of Morrison, Ageyman, miller and McIver. With Ageyman playing through the middle. Definitely our strongest attack. Miller had a few class touches when he came on and he’s certainly some player. Was quite impressed with Bisland tbh. Would feel very comfortable if through injuries and suspensions we had to play Yeats in the middle and Bisland at right back. Overall, very impressed with the performance could and should have been more. 

2 hours ago, Hampden Roar said:

I do like it when the players do co-comms they do notice more than a fan, I’m sure the last one was Tom Taino when he was injured, hopefully it doesn’t mean Nesbit is out for too long

He said in commentary 4 to 5 weeks which I’m counting as 3 to 4 as I’m sure he meant from point of injury. 

6 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Some of the U18's, Howe's a winger(the goalscorer from last night) Knox is a defensive midfielder and not sure about Gibb. 

Brilliant.  Glad to see it. Knew this before i wrote it but it was odd to see their names. Proud of the player who did come on. Well done son by all accounts - not there to see him

Overall a decent performance. Thought QP would have been a difficult game, not until the last ten we looked a bit under pressure. Good game time for a few, Miller looks class and he could be the guy to get us over the finishing line. 
Earlier post about the young guy Howe puts everything into perspective. 

On 13/10/2023 at 06:55, Bairnardo said:

Still well worth it though. 

Although I wonder how much of it is a gravy train for the Police. They had a notably heavy presence for the Hamilton game. That coupled with the nonsense stewarding outside made me wonder wtf was going on. No history, no bad blood, about 500 away fans, and someone has tipped these clowns that they need to shop up in about 3 x their normal number and break out the searching women and kids routine?

There was 30/40 falkirk 'casuals' letting off flares, smoke bombs and fireworks at falkirk high station waiting on Hamilton fans last week, all what happened was they scared women the elderly and kids from falkirk returning from a day out in Glasgow 

I love the Ultras and really enjoy what they bring to the atmosphere at games, if you look back my posts on here I’ve always championed them when the idea was muted, when others weren’t sure. Yesterday again they were great and kept the atmosphere going in a ground that wasn’t as busy as normal. My only issue, and I may be wrong but I’m sure at one point in the second half they sang that horrible , disgusting song about Norrie McCathie, absolutely no need for that guys, you have plenty other songs to pick from.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Yesterday and the Ayr win shows we are maybe not as reliant on one or two as we maybe thought we were. Having said that the two CH’s do look to be vital. 

I agree, if Lang and Coll were out at the same time we would struggle. I think with Henderson, Mackie, MacKay could cover an injury to one but if they were both out we would be humped.

Made light work of Queens yesterday IMO. Was 1-0 going maybe 3 or 4-0. Queens showed up in flashes but otherwise defence handled everything they threw at us. Happy for Allan getting the winning goal and he seemed to adjust well to being lone man up front. Bodies returning in Mackie (at centre mid, WTF?!) and Miller looking sharp too. Special mention to the lad Howe, what a debut that would’ve been had it gone in! And beating another Championship ‘scalp’ with Morrison, Spencer, Nesbitt, McGinn, and Ross to return - we’re looking good. Now that interest in this cup has been stoked a little, when’s the draw for the next round? 

Edited by GunnerBairn

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, if Lang and Coll were out at the same time we would struggle. I think with Henderson, Mackie, MacKay could cover an injury to one but if they were both out we would be humped.

Without question, and with the performances so far, Lang and the improving Donaldson look as good a pairing we’ve had for a long time. 
With Yeats continuing to improve his overall understanding of what’s required being a RB, the excellent form of our GK, the back looks solid. Millers return gives us real quality. Yesterday we played with possibly four or five “fringe” and didn’t look out of sorts. 
A lot of talk overheard yesterday about the current financial woes/FSS. One guy who goes home and away quite adamant that he would never join, however his mate said he joined when it first came around. 

20 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Lang is the other one that would have got a break for me.

Shows that we need cover at CB with Logan Sinclair farmed out too, although McGlynn mentioned Bisland can do a job there if asked.  I’m not counting Brad McKay as cover, even if fit, for the reason I’d rather he just left the club altogether.

Edited by GunnerBairn

43 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Without question, and with the performances so far, Lang and the improving Donaldson look as good a pairing we’ve had for a long time. 
With Yeats continuing to improve his overall understanding of what’s required being a RB, the excellent form of our GK, the back looks solid. Millers return gives us real quality. Yesterday we played with possibly four or five “fringe” and didn’t look out of sorts. 
A lot of talk overheard yesterday about the current financial woes/FSS. One guy who goes home and away quite adamant that he would never join, however his mate said he joined when it first came around. 

This is what I just don’t get, he follows us home and away so spends approximately 36 Saturdays a year watching the team and should we go tits up he would be prepared to miss out on this entertainment, travelling with friends, camaraderie, history, time away from the missus etc. for a mere £10 a month?

He knows that we are in the financial shitter and yet he won’t part with £10 a month, a sum that he can obviously afford if he follows us home and away?

I just don’t get it.