The Falkirk FC Thread

23 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

"Gobsmacked" springs to mind.😂

AV6K3713.JPG

Big Hendo in full blown "OMG OMG OMG" mode there. Love it.

Didn't we all moan about the old FTV showing replays during games and then inevitably missing a quick counter last year?

45 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

On the food and drink - quick question. Has anybody ever had the doner kebab pie? And is it any good?

I'm trying to convince Scott to come to a game with me and this pie might swing it. He has no interest in football at all but is a big fan of doner kebabs. 

They are good, so are the chicken curry ones. 

Loan round up.

Owen Hayward on loan at Penicuik - No game at the weekend but started every game since he's been there.

Logan Sinclair on loan at Tynecastle - Game was off at the weekend.

Shay Burke on loan at Drumchapel - Came on as a sub in the 70th minute in a 6-0 win.

Scott Honeyman on loan at the Shire - No game at the weekend.

Rhys Walker on loan at Camelon - Another goal and assist for him in a 3-2 defeat to Berwick. 

The new commentary is far better on FTV but the camera work is still poor. I'm not sure if the in-game replays added much, as mentioned above they would be looped 6 or 7 times and you'd sometimes miss the next attack. Maybe doing them for goals only would be a good compromise?

Also no idea why they film from the middle of the lower tier rather than the back of the upper tier like the Alloa highlights. Much better angle for seeing what's going on/ crowd reaction etc.

Another thing FTV could improve easily would be a mic just for the crowd noise. Nearly 4.5k there on Saturday and barely any of that atmosphere was fed back on the highlights 

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The new commentary is far better on FTV but the camera work is still poor. I'm not sure if the in-game replays added much, as mentioned above they would be looped 6 or 7 times and you'd sometimes miss the next attack. Maybe doing them for goals only would be a good compromise?

Also no idea why they film from the middle of the lower tier rather than the back of the upper tier like the Alloa highlights. Much better angle for seeing what's going on/ crowd reaction etc.

Another thing FTV could improve easily would be a mic just for the crowd noise. Nearly 4.5k there on Saturday and barely any of that atmosphere was fed back on the highlights 

Can't remember who it was might have been Alloa but someone had the replays on as a loop at half time. Would be much better than just a holding screen.

Agree about the in play highlights as there were far too many times we were up the other end of the park by the time they'd finished the 9th showing of a shot on goal.

Edited by FFC 1876

27 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

They film from the top of a scaffold tower behind the tannoy operators box. The stadium was designed for that to be the club TV position. There is no room for any other cameras on the platform, so I presume all visiting club cameras are in the back row of the main stand. The FFCTV tower has direct access to cabled broadband, power etc. I'm not so sure about the back row of the stand. 

Falkirk Stadium (13).jpg

16 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT MONDAY…

🆕🎙️EP:59 RELENTLESS

🔵 EXCLUSIVE interview with Head of Youth Development @tonybegg 👶🏼
⚪️ Review the 3-0 win over Alloa Ath 🐝
🔵 @ProducerMac Bromance 💙
⚪️ Fortress Brockville update 🎤
🔵 New 3rd shirt ⚔️ &
⚪️ Preview QOS (A) 🚌 

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_5565.thumb.jpeg.5c80d1b855c8933e1ecd5832c2402a71.jpeg

Podcast now online 👍🏼. Cheers, as always to those who give us a watch/listen. Really good conversation with Tony Begg this week 👏🏻

On 29/10/2023 at 10:48, 60`s bairn said:

"Gobsmacked" springs to mind.😂

AV6K3713.JPG

Just spotted this.

My missus and I are in this photo, all blurry. It was a great goal from the angle we were sitting at, we could see the curve of the ball. Some strike!

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Falkirk Stadium (13).jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.526cab3d7ccd14a3bd98dbafceea218e.jpeg

It's a narrow row that we sit in up the back but it is far superior to being low down. That's why the Falkirk analyst is up there. Power socket just behind the analyst table.

You can see the analyst moving the camera while sitting next to it and it's not ideal for standing behind a camera which is why I control ours from a xbox controller.  Got the flexibility to control it from about 10m away if needed which sometimes I need when I bring one of the veo large tripod masts (the only dounside is it's heavy af) to get extra height.

Bainsford Bairns photo up there is old. Seats have been removed in that row. Boo. I take a seat on my toolbox with the laptop on my lap. Usually use it as a table next to my seat.  

You don't even need broadband these days with 5G coverage. We stream the same bitrate we do at home and we only dropped 300 frames - the equivalent of 6 seconds over the 2 hours odd streaming.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Aye the angle from the Alloa highlights was so so much better

45 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Bainsford Bairns photo up there is old. Seats have been removed in that row. Boo. 

It is. I chose it because it was was taken from a cherry picker when the PA system was being renewed so it gave a higher viewpoint than would normally be available. 

Was one of three I took that day which give an different perspective on the stadium. 

Falkirk Stadium (11).jpg

Falkirk Stadium (12).jpg

Falkirk Stadium (13).jpg

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Would look much better if filmed from the empty East side.

Would have thought sponsors would prefer that as well, looks like we're playing on a public park at times!  

9 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

No replays during the stream? 

There was no replays at the start of the season, they suddenly appeared and I think Saturday was the first they disappeared.

I said from day one that the zoom of the football area isn't as it was with previous Falkirk TV, someone mentioned similar a few posts back. I generally sit very close to a 40inch TV screen now due to this. 

There is plus points with the new Falkirk TV but the one thing that lingers about the old team, they experienced everything over the years to know obstacles in their way that it was really only work commitments that seen no Falkirk TV. I hold my breath to see if we will have it at some away grounds and yes I know the line in the conditions re away games.

So hopefully the new team will learn this year to improve, one thing at least it's not the automated cameras that were in place in some clubs