The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, they have a part to play in it although they are a long way behind. I see them as the strongest contender outwith us and Hamilton and a playoff shoo in. For them to be int he title race though, they'd have to go on a run that both us and Hamilton couldnt keep up with. I don't see that  happening because I do think the whole thing tightens up for everyone over winter. I think its important to beat them tho. 

Agreed, best of the rest.

Too far off at this stage for automatic, but will cause issues and be in the playoffs.

20 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

Afraid you are wrong in that case as it is in reference to the 26% the Rawlins were able to maintain and not taking the 45% option. 

To clarify, there was over 3m 40p shares issued. Every share bought elsewhere would dilute the Rawlins option so they put the required 500,000 or so aside to allow the Rawlins to maintain their 26%. 

You are correct that had they taken up that option then there wouldn’t be enough shares for the FSS to get to 25%.

None of that however is to do with the 45% that if still available would required over £1.3m worth of shares(2.6m shares) to be issued and allotted to them.

A lot of money for any investor but the point may be that it is still an available avenue then it may be why any investor would want to talk to the MSG as would still require buying over 300,000 more shares from existing shareholders to get over 50%. 

I was told an email that was sent to prospective patrons(not an actual patrons email) on August 2021 mentioned the shares ringfenced for the Rawlins to maintain 26% which would need to be set a deadline. Again, as to the knowledge of patrons I know, there has never been any correspondence regarding the 45% option nor can they remember it being mentioned specifically. If you have that email I referenced then maybe it will bring more clarity about there being 2 separate issues that have somehow been conflated. 

100% that is what they are talking about on that episode of FD though.

I wrote to the Board yesterday and asked the following 

Would it be possible to clarify the position with their Share Option? 

Could you also clarify if they sold their share holding would that share option be available to the share holder or holders who bought their shares? 

I received a reply this morning from Kenny Jamieson which confirmed that the timing on the share option the Rawlins had on extra shares had lapsed in January 2023 (a year later than I initially thought) and that it is not transferable to anyone purchasing their share holding. 

7 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Could you also clarify if they sold their share holding would that share option be available to the share holder or holders who bought their shares? 

I received a reply this morning from Kenny Jamieson which confirmed that the timing on the share option the Rawlins had on extra shares had lapsed in January 2023 (a year later than I initially thought) and that it is not transferable to anyone purchasing their share holding. 

Your telling me it’s taken a day to clear all this up yet some have had the same narrative for months and months that it hadn’t expired…

Exactly as I had initially presumed! A lot of hyperbole on here from a minority over nothing as suspected, who would have thought the best way to get actual credible information would be simply emailing the club and asking a question! Our board representatives from either the FSS or PG are normally very transparent with this stuff. Unreal man! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

14 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

If Kenny is ok with it are you able to share the email? 

10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Exactly as I had initially presumed! A lot of hyperbole on here over nothing as suspected, who would have thought the best way to get actual credible information would be simply emailing the club and asking one of our board representatives from either the FSS or PG! Unreal man! 

It doesn’t help with some of the misinformation that has been shared. That caused this discussion to roll on more than  anything. 

Just asking a question but looks like we may have an answer. I did email too but the answer I received still requires clarification as talks about the option to purchase more 40p shares. That’s why I wondered about the specifics of what was said to BPM. 

2 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Apparently the information had been passed to shareholders at the last two AGM’s. 

I was told that too but I was at the 21-22 AGM and may be mistaken but can’t remember that being talked about. The only previous reference I’m aware of has been the 40p option as explained in Falkirk Daft. 

Edited by Dave McInally

14 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

It doesn’t help with some of the misinformation that has been shared. That caused this discussion to roll on more than  anything. 

Just asking a question but looks like we may have an answer. I did email too but the answer I received still requires clarification as talks about the option to purchase more 40p shares. That’s why I wondered about the specifics of what was said to BPM. 

It has nothing to do with 40p shares or 50p shares. The reality is Gary Deans did a good job of securing extra commitment from Rawlins and managed to get a 20% increase in the price for a 2nd investment if they took it up. The shares are the shares and were bought by the PG and FSS. Added to that the time has lapsed and the option is not transferable. My advice is to move on now Dave. 

27 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

It has nothing to do with 40p shares or 50p shares. The reality is Gary Deans did a good job of securing extra commitment from Rawlins and managed to get a 20% increase in the price for a 2nd investment if they took it up. The shares are the shares and were bought by the PG and FSS. Added to that the time has lapsed and the option is not transferable. My advice is to move on now Dave. 

It does have to do with 40p or 50p as they are a different class of share though Gordon. 

They made 3.3m 40p shares available to purchase but would have to issue further 50p shares to the Rawlins should they have taken the 45% option. 

Hate to be a pedant too but it would have been a 25% increase on the price. 

I’m happy to leave it as only replying to what has been said and trying to gain clarity which I don’t think has occurred yet. 

Edited by Dave McInally

22 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

It does have to do with 40p or 50p as they are a different class of share though Gordon. 

They made 3.3m 40p shares available to purchase but would have to issue further 50p shares to the Rawlins should they have taken the 45% option. 

Hate to be a pedant too but it would have been a 25% increase on the price. 

I’m happy to leave it as only replying to what has been said and trying to gain clarity which I don’t think has occurred yet. 

What do you want clarified now? The club doesn’t have two class of shares. It has shares at different prices. For example I bought shares years ago at 64p they are the same type of shares I bought at 40p when the Patrons invested. 

3 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

What do you want clarified now? The club doesn’t have two class of shares. It has shares at different prices. For example I bought shares years ago at 64p they are the same type of shares I bought at 40p when the Patrons invested. 

IMG_7713.png