The Falkirk FC Thread

I must admit I’m getting a bit worried now, with Brad, Jordan and Ola away and Miller, Morrison and Agyeman off to Hamilton before the window shuts surely we must be looking to bring others in 🤔😁

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Everything is relative. Ola looked useful in a side last season that had Gary Oliver leading the line for much of the campaign, with a large number of people thinking Oliver did a decent job. But that was a team that was a country mile away from winning the league. Hence, we've improved - Ola is no longer good enough, Gary Oliver is an impact sub at best. Ola's not on the same level as the players we've brought in this season. It's maybe harsh, but I wish him nothing but the best because he seems like a proper decent bloke.  

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Overall it's been a decent transfer window so far we have managed to get the three players we all thought would go out the door and brought in Ross, Shanley and Tait. All of whom should be an upgrade on those aforementioned. Although I did see an article in the Daily Ranger with Rankin bumping his gums about how Accies would be better off without Tait in the group. There's clearly been some sort of fall out there despite him denying it in the article. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Overall it's been a decent transfer window so far we have managed to get the three players we all thought would go out the door and brought in Ross, Shanley and Tait. All of whom should be an upgrade on those aforementioned. Although I did see an article in the Daily Ranger with Rankin bumping his gums about how Accies would be better off without Tait in the group. There's clearly been some sort of fall out there despite him denying it in the article. 

Here's a fact for you. 

I hope it remains as much a fact in May as it is now. 

John McGlynn knows more about footballers, and utilising footballers to make a football team, than John Rankin does. 

Rankin and Hamilton seem far too keen to worry about things that aren't happening between 15:00 and 16:50 on a Saturday. A club of Mewling VLs

7 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There were two others. A 4-2 loss to Dundee Utd and a 7-2 loss to Dundee. 

Thanks. Never seen anything on our pages about them. Was reported as being influential in the DU game and scored. Forgot he also scored vs Dunfermline but didn’t think he was a standout. Cant see anything about Dundee. 

Presume that’s all the reserve fixtures over for the season or do you know if they have any upcoming fixtures? 

Edited by Dave McInally

4 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Thanks. Never seen anything on our pages about them. Was reported as being in the DU game and scored. Forgot he also scored vs Dunfermline but didn’t think he was a standout. Cant see anything about Dundee. 

Presume that’s all the reserve fixtures over for the season or do you know if they have any upcoming fixtures? 

That's them over. We only entered the cup and got knocked out of it after the three games. 

We ditched the reserve team when we got relegated in 2019 and my hope is that if we get promoted this season we'll be back to having one compete in the league again next season. 

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's them over. We only entered the cup and got knocked out of it after the three games. 

We ditched the reserve team when we got relegated in 2019 and my hope is that if we get promoted this season we'll be back to having one compete in the league again next season. 

Sure I remember it being said we had planned to run a team in the reserve league this year but presume too expensive to run one at the moment. They are good to see though and get a chance to look at fringe players and youngsters. Used to enjoy going to some back in the SPL days. Recorded some of them at the time too, even capturing a rare John Stewart goal at the Falkirk Stadium(though it was for Aberdeen!).

Edited by Dave McInally

36 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Sure I remember it being said we had planned to run a team in the reserve league this year but presume too expensive to run one at the moment. They are good to see though and get a chance to look at fringe players and youngsters. 

Yeah that was my understanding. At least the club publicise the two academy teams so there's a chance to see the next set of boys who might get pro contracts. 

3 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

Hmmm, I’ll let your own words do the talking ‘Good energy and good buzz about him’ I believe! 😉 

https://youtu.be/4Qn9Nh0e6P4?si=UAjt4kEWssr_z4A5

I did say rarely 😉. That episode was over a year ago too. 

He did have a few magic moments Dave but not enough, especially this season & was never likely to be consistent enough to get in the starting X1. Nice lad it seems but can’t see him doing well up there either tbh. 

23 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I did say rarely 😉. That episode was over a year ago too. 

He did have a few magic moments Dave but not enough, especially this season & was never likely to be consistent enough to get in the starting X1. Nice lad it seems but can’t see him doing well up there either tbh. 

Haha, good try mate but he’s barely featured since. Not enough to suddenly become rotten anyway!

Just didn’t get an opportunity and the others who have played ahead of him have made themselves hard to budge out.

19 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Haha, good try mate but he’s barely featured since. Not enough to suddenly become rotten anyway!

Just didn’t get an opportunity and the others who have played ahead of him have made themselves hard to budge out.

Rotten was maybe harsh but he’s not good enough for this squad, maybe he was last season with the lack of quality we had. He needed to make more of an impact when he did get a chance though, same with Jordan. They didn’t though sadly. But as you said, the bigger issue for him was better players playing well in front of him this season. 

He’ll be non league down south next season would be my guess. Wish him well obv.

Good to see the FSS hit the symbolic 25%. In the grand scheme of things that is all it is as not every other shareholder was ever going to vote against the FSS anyway so they already had more than enough to block any resolutions. 
Time now to try and sort the Major Shareholder leg of the stool and encourage them to either get more involved again or donate their shares so the Board can sell those shares to major investors who wish to help. 

Edited by BPM Again

20 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Rotten was maybe harsh but he’s not good enough for this squad, maybe he was last season with the lack of quality we had. He needed to make more of an impact when he did get a chance though, same with Jordan. They didn’t though sadly. But as you said, the bigger issue for him was better players playing well in front of him this season. 

He’ll be non league down south next season would be my guess. Wish him well obv.

Lawal had more than enough chance to force his way into the side. He has been with us 18 months. If he had been doing it in training every day he clearly had talent enough to get more game time. His performance in the first half v Dundee Utd in the League Cup was awful making his chances of ever playing in front of Spencer and Hendo slim. 
Disappointing but unless he realises quickly that you need to do more in all facets of the game he will go nowhere. 

17 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Lawal had more than enough chance to force his way into the side. He has been with us 18 months. If he had been doing it in training every day he clearly had talent enough to get more game time. His performance in the first half v Dundee Utd in the League Cup was awful making his chances of ever playing in front of Spencer and Hendo slim. 
Disappointing but unless he realises quickly that you need to do more in all facets of the game he will go nowhere. 

Good five a side player.

Clever bit of fixture re-arranging by the club. Montrose moved to 20th, after the Hamilton game. Which means if Cove beat Brora in the Scottish Cup, then the 10th becomes a free Saturday for us (Scottish Cup weekend). This gives the players two weeks rest & recovery before the Hamilton game which could all but settle it. Here’s hoping.

Edit to add: Hamilton are playing Annan on 10th Feb.

F4310622-70BD-4A5F-BB73-398DC7ED1511.jpeg

Edited by GunnerBairn

49 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Clever bit of fixture re-arranging by the club. Montrose moved to 20th, after the Hamilton game. Which means if Cove beat Brora in the Scottish Cup, then the 10th becomes a free Saturday for us (Scottish Cup weekend). This gives the players two weeks rest & recovery before the Hamilton game which could all but settle it. Here’s hoping.

Edit to add: Hamilton are playing Annan on 10th Feb.

F4310622-70BD-4A5F-BB73-398DC7ED1511.jpeg

Delighted with this! From a selfish standpoint, I've been called in to work on 10/02 and was quite gutted I'd miss the Cove match. Is it definitely confirmed that Montrose is gonna get played on 20/02? I'd best get my holiday request in now.

2 hours ago, BPM Again said:

Good to see the FSS hit the symbolic 25%. In the grand scheme of things that is all it is as not every other shareholder was ever going to vote against the FSS anyway so they already had more than enough to block any resolutions. 
Time now to try and sort the Major Shareholder leg of the stool and encourage them to either get more involved again or donate their shares so the Board can sell those shares to major investors who wish to help. 

Are you talking about the Rawlins?