The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Should you not be in the care of the community since you can't comprehend % shareholding and how that is diluted if there is a further share issue unless of course you buy the shares.

I think he means there is an agreement in place where by the 25% + 1 is ring fenced for the FSS in any future share issues should there even be one. Also with a 75% threshold needed for a special resolution the FSS would have to vote in favour of any future share issue for it to even happen in the first place so would have to be in agreement with it, your original point is a very “if my auntie had baws she’d be my uncle” type post. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

That's great news - arguably our most improved player from last season. I didn't think we were able to be handing out new contracts until we knew what league we're going to be in though? Not being negative btw, a totally genuine question.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I think he means there is an agreement in place where by the 25% + 1 is ring fenced for the FSS in any future share issues should there even be one with a 75% threshold needed. The FSS would also have to vote in favour of any future share issue for it to happen so would have to be in agreement with it, your original point is a very “if my auntie had baws she’d be my uncle” type post. 

HSW does have a point in the fact that if the shares were diluted and FSS unable to instantly buy the extra required then it could change the complexion on how much of a say they can have on things, depending how many shares were issued and bought by a new investor.

To be honest, I think a lot of it is a moot point as I don’t think any new investor would chuck in money to only have a portion of the club. I’d imagine most would want a majority share and control over the finances. If that was to be done on a new share issue then would have to buy over 5m shares to do so. Can’t see anyone wanting to fork out that much money, not in the near future anyway.  

17 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

That's great news - arguably our most improved player from last season. I didn't think we were able to be handing out new contracts until we knew what league we're going to be in though? Not being negative btw, a totally genuine question.

Heard there was genuine interest for him from other clubs. 

1 hour ago, Bairn to Believe said:

Out of interest do you not think that’s whose views they represent? 

I'm not trying to stir sh*t and have no particular disagreement with any decisions made to date my point was about making sure that when needed, the model works for the paying members first and foremost.  Honestly?  I'm happy with the progress FSS have but I'm not sure how the reps would know my views.  

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'm not trying to stir sh*t and have no particular disagreement with any decisions made to date my point was about making sure that when needed, the model works for the paying members first and foremost.  Honestly?  I'm happy with the progress FSS have but I'm not sure how the reps would know my views.  

Honestly didn’t think you were. Was genuinely just asking out of curiosity. I totally agree members and members views come first and foremost.  

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I have researched my family tree for many years.  I have a couple of thousand of relatives and ancestors from Falkirk, Larbert and Stenhousemuir.  The most common occupation for males on my tree from this area were Iron Moulders, Foundry workers, miners and labourers.   That's an insight into the nature of the district, heavy industry.  Look at a map of Falkirk from the mid 19th century, the town is about a third iron works.  

So yes, Falkirk doesn't seem well planned and can look a bit rough here and there and the high street has deteriorated, but when you take into account the history of the place, it's not so bad.  A great wee town.

Thanks for sharing this!

My mum's side moved to the Falkirk area from Newbattle, in Edinburgh. They were all miners and moved here in the early 1900s to work in the mines in the area around Maddiston. Must have been absolutely horrendous (and the work itself wouldn't have been much better 🤣)

Dunno if anyone has watched the Wrexham documentary on Disney+ but the comparisons between Falkirk and Wrexham can't be denied - sleeping giant, located within a former heavily industrialised town, with a particular focus on iron and mining. Had a soft spot for them ever since I watched it and always look out for their results.

Edited by Raybowski89

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Excellent news getting Coll Donaldson an extension. Now Yeats, Mccann and Henderson please John.

And while we are at it let’s not rule out Morrison and Ross staying into next season (hopefully for a crack at the championship) 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Its a win win, there were probably clubs sniffing about him and so if they want him they'll now have to pay a fee regardless of what league we are in next season so makes sense to get him tied up now. I just hope there are one or two more follow suit. 

21 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

And while we are at it let’s not rule out Morrison and Ross staying into next season (hopefully for a crack at the championship) 

Not sure Ross has done anything to merit a contract yet tbh, certainly not for a league above.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Great news getting Coll signed up to a longer contract and hopefully others follow. Wonder how this sits with the rumours of part time football if we don’t go up 🤔

I don't think makes any great difference, if it did come to that I don't think we'd be totally part time more hybrid. So we'd still have some full time players. I think it's likely that maybe a club or two were after him this window or on a PCA. Hence get him tied up now. 

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not sure Ross has done anything to merit a contract yet tbh, certainly not for a league above.

Hopefully he does tomorrow if he has to play.