The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye I'm no gonna lie, the dig is funny but the FFCTV highlights have been jerky to the point of being unwatchable for weeks. Alloa's are far superior quality wise. I'm not in the interest of slagging off volunteers either cause that's just shite patter, but as others have mentioned it is probably something we should look into improving. 

Be honest not sure I agree with a sly dig at another club volunteer on our official SM pages. Still don’t think Leon was ill meaning to any individuals with his comments and has provided some information at request to try and help. If I remember correctly that also included the fact we can put our highlights up after 10pm, which has clearly been heeded. If the highlight quality gets better then seems at odds to have a pop when rectifying them as a result. 

Edited by Dave McInally

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I dont think it was the players that played badly rather it was a formation totally different from usual. Experiment - failed - move on

True but I recollect pages of criticism of the players brought in even though we started the game decently but fell apart due to chaotic defending….

Covered in many posts but a truly deserving three points. Although I agree with the comments of many of the Millers Morrisons and Lang’s, probably worth mentioning the guys like McCann and Yeats. Maybe not mentioned as often when you have so many up in the headlights. Watched Yeats at yards away today and his gameplay was brilliant. Same with McCann, peach of a pass first half to make another Miller run. 
Hamilton game is massive, win it and we won’t be far away. Lastly I’ve given Long big, thought his first half performance was so much improved and hope he returns my sun cream after the second 45🤣

41 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Only difference I can see between the highlight packages is the high quality FalkirkTV commentary. Alloa would be better served without one it is that poor.

Have to say the picture quality of Alloa’s highlights are much better. Not sure how we upload them but should  have been asking for help from people like @LeodhasXDrather than jump on the pile on he received last week when trying to be of assistance. I get if it’s a time constraint for our volunteers but seems it has tried to have been rectified without success then have a pop at another volunteer in the process. If it’s no extra hassle for our volunteers then should be solved for the benefit of our fans and not to have a dig at an Alloa volunteer. 

Edited by Dave McInally

41 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I feel like there's been two direct digs that have missed the target tonight. 😂

Unlike our strikers, who've hit the target 12 times against your team this season. 😎

I've no issue with the banter between you and our social media guys. That's how it goes when you stick your head above the parapet. But you're getting ripped to shreds by our fans today. 

As I'm sure you've worked out, the graphic which has 850 likes so far was created largely because of your online behaviour. Maybe it's time to be a little less antagonistic? 

30 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Have to say the picture quality of Alloa’s highlights are much better. Not sure how we upload them but should  have been asking for help from people like @LeodhasXDrather than jump on the pile on he received last week when trying to be of assistance. I get if it’s a time constraint for our volunteers but seems it has tried to have been rectified without success then have a pop at another volunteer in the process. If it’s no extra hassle for our volunteers then should be solved for the benefit of our fans and not to have a dig at an Alloa volunteer. 

There is trying to be of assistance and then there is just being a bit arrogant and contemptuous. I'm sure everything he said was absolutely correct, but there is certainly a way to approach these things. And trying to degrade other social media teams on pie and bov and suggesting you have the best quality highlights in scottish football is not the way in my opinion. It's one thing for fans and especially paying fans to make comments on quality and ask for better, it's another for a social media representative to tear down another's clubs team. Just a way to go about things and I think that was the issue, not the fact he was giving advice. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Can we just mention that ludicrous decision not to aware us a penalty and book Miller. I know it didn’t matter in the end, but that was a shocking decision. 

For the third goal the ref was going to let play go on before the assistant signalled to him it was a foul. Thought the ref was poor in general. 

Just now, Jimmy1876 said:

There is trying to be of assistance and then there is just being a bit arrogant and contemptuous. I'm sure everything he said was absolutely correct, but there is certainly a way to approach these things. And trying to degrade other socials media teams on pie and bov and suggesting you have the best quality highlights in scottish football is not the way in my opinion. It's one thing for fans and especially paying fans to make comments on quality and ask for better, it's another for a social media representative to tear down another's clubs team. Just a way to go about things and I think that was the issue, not the fact he was giving advice. 

I don’t disagree Jimmy but I don’t see it like that. Know you’re a very balanced person so please read back his comments as it began with trying to help with a request from a Falkirk fan. He was then accused(unfairly in my opinion) of attacking volunteers and it escalated from there. At the end of the day some of our own fans have questioned the quality of our highlights. I see no fault with the camerawork but I see no issue in trying to improve the quality of the product, if it doesn’t cause much more effort for any volunteer. 

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

For the third goal the ref was going to let play go on before the assistant signalled to him it was a foul. Thought the ref was poor in general. 

I notice that, he also gave a look that suggested he’d have gave the penalty if he could have.

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You're getting ripped to shreds by our fans today. 

Again to open this conversation again for what exactly? On critical comments about Falkirk FC media output on a daft forum? I think I'll live.

I've already had my say on the artistic value of your graphic - it's pretty low effort and sometimes that is the right tone. I've had a couple people message me and ask me to explain it because they saw it and think it's tinpot 😂 

And finally your last comment to me was something I might say to someone who was a good friend - certainly not a stranger. So excuse me if I laugh at your moral high ground. 

Alloa are no great shakes but getting the mini slump over ASAP was incredibly important. Hamilton dropping a late equaliser is a little Brucie bonus. If my calculations are correct we are now guaranteed to go into the game on the 18th of February top of the league.

3 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

I don’t disagree Jimmy but I don’t see it like that. Know you’re a very balanced person so please read back his comments as it began with trying to help with a request from a Falkirk fan. He was then accused(unfairly in my opinion) of attacking volunteers and it escalated from there. At the end of the day some of our own fans have questioned the quality of our highlights. I see no fault with the camerawork but I see no issue in trying to improve the quality of the product, if it doesn’t cause much more effort for any volunteer. 

Absolutely agree he was answering someone who asked directly. And like I said I'm absolutely sure everything he said was correct, the Alloa highlights and platform are excellent. I also agree there are always improvements that can be made and if the quality improved that'd be great. 

My issue is with things like calling the platform Pars TV obviously to try and provoke people here. Likewise comments about how a club like ours (obviously with sarcasm) should really have invested in training, when it's clear it's a new team (which is where the volunteer part came in) and our financial situation has been clearly laid bare. Then the general language of calling it shit when while there are improvements to be made it is clearly not.

These snide little comments to me just come across as if to try and tear down aspects of the media team that firstly were not in question and secondly a way to make himself superior. Which is why I say, it's not the advice that is the issue, but how it's delivered.