The Falkirk FC Thread

23 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It isn't an isolated incident though. Falkirk's ultras have now had numerous incidents where they've been "violent" and "aggressive", as have ultras from other teams in this league (Accies and Alloa) and from teams further up the SPFL, so I think it's fair to say that this new fad is resulting in violent behaviour across Scottish football. 

It's definitely not limited to one club and there will be a lot of other societal issues resulting in it, but organised groups shouldn't be excused for making innocent folk feel unsafe at the football just because they improve the atmosphere. 

A world where singing sections didn't encourage this kind of behaviour would be ideal, but, whether it's ultras or casuals, the rowdiest fans also tend to create the most bother.  

Cállate, monstruo, Accies es un club tan pequeño.

1 minute ago, PedriBairn said:

Looking to bring my dog to the match against Hamilton. Her name is Maggie, is there anyone I should contact about bringing her? What kind of ticket will she need? Thanks.

LP.

Yea, contact the mods on here and they'll sort you out.

3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Emptying the loft and found this gem.

IMG-20240205-WA0021.jpeg

What season is that from? I'm guessing 87/88 as I'm sure that's roughly when I started going to games and the first kit Santa brought me

6 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

If you need cheered up see the 3rd, 4th and fifth goal here.

Shocking defending but what's more obvious is the empty seats in the NM stand. That was packed in the games against us last season and probably most of last season when they were doing well. Just shows that once the bounce wears off and people start finding other things to do on a Saturday its hard to tempt them back and highlights how loyal our fan base is

34 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Club Statement regarding disorder outside the stadium after Saturday evening’s match with The New Saints.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2024/02/05/club-statement-27/

Does the reference to working with other clubs suggested there were other teams hooligans involved ?

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does the reference to working with other clubs suggested their were other teams hooligans involved ?

There seems to be a group of fans from St Mirren that have some kind of relationship with ours. Don't understand it, but it was mentioned on the discord that they were also involved. 

58 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does the reference to working with other clubs suggested there were other teams hooligans involved ?

Wouldn't be surprised. These games seem to attract yobs like flies round a shite.  

I’m going to say an unpopular opinion here but IF we go up I’d be thinking about potentially replacing McCann. It’s no coincidence that the better teams we play against constantly target his height. I fear he may be found out in the championship and I don’t say it lightly as I think he’s been decent for us. 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I’m going to say an unpopular opinion here but IF we go up I’d be thinking about potentially replacing McCann. It’s no coincidence that the better teams we play against constantly target his height. I fear he may be found out in the championship and I don’t say it lightly as I think he’s been decent for us. 

Can see where you’re coming from. When we’re going forward with pace and with Miller just in front, McCann gets space and has time to either cross or cuts inside, and a pleasure to watch.  Saturdays game highlighted that if you nullify Miller and play over, McCann is on the back foot and doesn’t look comfortable. Not knocking the guy but he won’t face the same as Saturday even/should we get the promotion slot.

14 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I actually don’t entirely disagree tbh. However, I wouldn’t replace him. I would 100% be giving him another contract and I would just also be looking to bring in another left back as competition. Mcann is a solid solid player. Nevertheless, he can get caught out in games and I really wasn’t that impressed with him against Hamilton back in December. I think that most people would agree that defensively he’s probably on the average side and it’s always been his attacking play that has received the most praise and deemed to be his biggest strength. However, when you look at his stats, he gets very minimal assists and goals. 

41 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

McCann's an integral part of our success this season, no way I'd be getting rid. He's actually very good in the air too, despite his height.