The get fit, stay fit thread

17 hours ago, Aufc said:

Nae offence mate but keto is a heep of shite.

Any diet that sees you cutting out a type of food is shite and won’t work long term

I wouldn't go as far as calling it shite imo.

I do agree however that it is difficult to maintain long term.

Away on holiday in September so i'm trying to get some lean mass and think Keto might be the way to do it.

There is a woman in the office doing it, and she just seems to binge on Pork Scratchings. Surely that can't be right? 
How long did you do it for to shift that weight? Hell of a loss. 

Just over a year, aye it seems weird but it works, I used to sit and scran loads of cheese strings/babybels and lose weight off it. Since your eating fatty things you tend to feel fuller, plus your body is running off fat when in ketosis so you burn it off.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Anyone do sprinting exercises for HIIT?

Last month or so I've been doing 21 minutes on the treadmill. 1 minute walking pace, 1 minute fast jog, repeat until the end. Slowly increasing the fast pace, up to 14.7 km per hour after starting at 13.5 when I decided to try this. Doable but very sweaty by the end, particularly in the heat we have here right now. Noticed a fairly quick result in terms of losing a bit of weight.

31 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Last month or so I've been doing 21 minutes on the treadmill. 1 minute walking pace, 1 minute fast jog, repeat until the end. Slowly increasing the fast pace, up to 14.7 km per hour after starting at 13.5 when I decided to try this. Doable but very sweaty by the end, particularly in the heat we have here right now. Noticed a fairly quick result in terms of losing a bit of weight.

Cheers. Been using running machine (it’s a sort of ribbed one, much quieter than the regular old ones) and find by 10 mins at one pace my attention span is gone so had been doing some sprints but without any structure. Out on the road I used to do 2 minutes flat out, 30 seconds walk and repeat a few more times. Would probably have a heart attack trying that now.

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Cheers. Been using running machine (it’s a sort of ribbed one, much quieter than the regular old ones) and find by 10 mins at one pace my attention span is gone so had been doing some sprints but without any structure. Out on the road I used to do 2 minutes flat out, 30 seconds walk and repeat a few more times. Would probably have a heart attack trying that now.

Yeah, I had been using the treadmill on an off for a while but going at a constant speed, but like you I find the mental aspect of it much harder to deal with than the physical aspect, which is why I decided to change. Strange thing is if I head outside for a run I find the mental side of it to be the easier part. Bonus with changing the treadmill routine is that it has knocked a fair bit off my 5k time fairly quickly. Plan on continuing it with the hope of making it up to 16kmh for the far bits, which would fair exceed anything I have managed in the past on the road or the treadmill. Early days but we'll see what happens.

22 hours ago, Ross. said:

Yeah, I had been using the treadmill on an off for a while but going at a constant speed, but like you I find the mental aspect of it much harder to deal with than the physical aspect, which is why I decided to change. Strange thing is if I head outside for a run I find the mental side of it to be the easier part. Bonus with changing the treadmill routine is that it has knocked a fair bit off my 5k time fairly quickly. Plan on continuing it with the hope of making it up to 16kmh for the far bits, which would fair exceed anything I have managed in the past on the road or the treadmill. Early days but we'll see what happens.

Gave it a go earlier. 20 minutes seemed to pass quicker than 10 mins at a steady pace. 

3AC6C67A-70DE-463B-BF8D-441E96322E94.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Gave it a go earlier. 20 minutes seemed to pass quicker than 10 mins at a steady pace. 

3AC6C67A-70DE-463B-BF8D-441E96322E94.jpeg

Tend to find that as well. Usually look at the clock 15 minutes in still expecting to have 10 minutes left.

What's the best thing to do when there are a few folk at the gym in their work gear (steelys boiler suits and Hi-Viz vest) not being rude or anything but leaving a trail of plaster dust everywhere they go.

And no I wouldn't win a fight with them.

Edited by Adam101

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

What's the best thing to do when there are a few folk at the gym in their work gear (steelys boiler suits and hiv Vis vest) not being rude or anything but leaving a trail of plaster dust everywhere they go.

And no I wouldn't win a fight with them.

The HIV vis vest sounds a bit draconian.

10 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Tell the front desk? Folk shouldn't be fouling up the gym like that for other people.

There's no desk it's pure gym and there were no PT's about but you would think once they were spotted they would be told to get to, but they are there most days

42 minutes ago, Dele said:

Folk go into a gym in boiler suits and hi viz vests?! :lol:

Fucking hell. What is going on around here. Get them telt. 

Case rests m'lud

IMG_20190701_193359__01.jpg

Edited by Adam101