Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Think it's too soon for Spider-Man, especially since it looks like we have an origin movie for him, to play a pivotal role.

He's definitely going to be in Civil War, that's for sure.

It's just a case of how important is he going to be..

Think it's too soon for Spider-Man, especially since it looks like we have an origin movie for him, to play a pivotal role.

We don't need another origin movie for Spiderman. we've had 2 already. people know the story.

Any new film with him should start with him already as Spiderman

They've confirmed that whilst it won't be a direct continuation of any previous movie, it won't be an origin story either. It'll be set in high-school like the original comics with an actual teenager playing Ol' Webhead for the first time.

I met Dan Slott a couple of weeks ago, (the guy who is currently writing Spider-man), and he said that Marvel are really excited about this incarnation as it should be the closest to the comic.

Edited by killienick

Mark Hamill back as the Joker for The Killing Joke would be superb. I love the contrast between the two characters (Batman and Joker) and Hamill gets this dynamic spot on.

Has anyone seen the documentary the "Death of Superman Lives"? It is essentially the back story of the life of the film with interviews with Kevin Smith(first writer), Tim Burton and the studio execs. Shows the development of the suit and the back story into the film and why it was canned. Very fascinating watch. The main guy that owned the rights to it, comes across as an utter bellend. It's just as well it got canned as it would possibly be the worst movie ever. The spider machine villain in the film Wild Wild West was originally meant for Superman Lives and he would have been battling that.

Mark Hamill back as the Joker for The Killing Joke would be superb. I love the contrast between the two characters (Batman and Joker) and Hamill gets this dynamic spot on.

Has anyone seen the documentary the "Death of Superman Lives"? It is essentially the back story of the life of the film with interviews with Kevin Smith(first writer), Tim Burton and the studio execs. Shows the development of the suit and the back story into the film and why it was canned. Very fascinating watch. The main guy that owned the rights to it, comes across as an utter bellend. It's just as well it got canned as it would possibly be the worst movie ever. The spider machine villain in the film Wild Wild West was originally meant for Superman Lives and he would have been battling that.

I'm looking forward to seeing it as I've read quite a bit about it, (at the time and recently). Is it true that Superman wasn't allowed to fly in the movie? I don't care how bad it was, it couldn't have been worse than Superman IV The Quest For Peace.

EDIT: Just watched the clips on the other page. Hilarious!

Edited by killienick

And Conroy as Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Complaints/moans have already began. Hopefully WB stick to the comic like they have done with Year One etc. And ignore the outraged brigade.

Wouldn't mind seeing The Long Halloween/Dark Victory in WB/DC Animated Movie

Edited by Antiochas III