Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shits getting serious. Glad to see Daenarys get hit with a lump in the road though, all seemed a bit easy for her so far, losing two allies in one fell swoop will hurt. Leaves a gaping big hole beside her for Jon to help fill in though.

Can't see her being one to duck an egg.

9 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Asking for a friend, and could deserve it's own thread...

How much money have you thrown at this this franchise?  Including tattoos and stuff, I know someone who is getting close to £2000 on Game of Thrones merchandise.

Tattoos? Of a TV show????

My word.

Be amusing if Drogon is just too big for the crossbow and it merely bounces off him.

This. The creepy c**t who created it annoys me, seeing him fire it out with a smug face, only for nothing to happen then a might great dragon to land on his skull, would be amazing.

14 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Absolutley no chance Sams old man keeps his honour. An absolute cert to join Cerseis mob.

I don't understand why he hasn't gone after his sword though? He knows Sam has it and he knows Sam was going to the Citadel which is pretty close to his home isn't it?

He'll decide to join Cersei's lot then head to the Citadel to give Sam a skelp and take his sword back. He'll call Gilly a slut or somesuch, and Sam will go mental and lop his head off with the family sword.

Then (probably offscreen) Sam will pledge his father's men to Jon Snow.

The battle for King's Landing be tightly fought and Cersei will look on with delight as the Tarly army shows up to swing the tide in favour of the Lannisters. There will then be much shock and dismay when the Tarly army instead joins the attacking side, sweeping into King's Landing and helping Jon and Dany win the day.

Be amusing if Drogon is just too big for the crossbow and it merely bounces off him.

Or it misses him then in the 20mins it takes to load another bolt he burns them all to death

14 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Asking for a friend, and could deserve it's own thread...

How much money have you thrown at this this franchise?  Including tattoos and stuff, I know someone who is getting close to £2000 on Game of Thrones merchandise.

There are coach tour companies here that do tours of all the sites they use for filming,  a mate of mine is on at me to go on one of them , other than that,nowt.

I've been to Essaouira in Morroco to see the filming place of Astapor, and hopefully going to Split in a couple of weeks while in Croatia to see the Mereen throne room.

Would love to try go to Dubrovnik sometime, anyone been and recommend it for seeing parts of the show?

outside of tactics, is there really any difference between land/sea based fights?

Sea battles are fought with far fewer men than land battles involving full armies. That's why the Iron Islanders inevitably get gubbed whenever they try to break away from mainland control. Good at raiding and pillaging; shit at actual wars.

I've been to Essaouira in Morroco to see the filming place of Astapor, and hopefully going to Split in a couple of weeks while in Croatia to see the Mereen throne room.

Would love to try go to Dubrovnik sometime, anyone been and recommend it for seeing parts of the show?

We did dubrovnik for a day but didn't do any of the official tours. Can wander about yourself and recognise a lot of alleyways, streets etc. Also pay about 15 quid or so to get on the city walls plus there's a cable car that takes you high above the city. A lot of overpriced tat for sale too and a Jon Snow statue at the airport

4 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

We did dubrovnik for a day but didn't do any of the official tours. Can wander about yourself and recognise a lot of alleyways, streets etc. Also pay about 15 quid or so to get on the city walls plus there's a cable car that takes you high above the city. A lot of overpriced tat for sale too and a Jon Snow statue at the airport

Why does a city that doubled as King's Landing have a statue of a character that has never even visited the city?

30 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

What's wrong with that? I myself have a Twelve Monkeys tattoo. Here is one of my friends Jon Snow tattoos. I think it's great.

Image result for game of thrones tattoos

If you're being serious then that's hilarious. It's one of the worst tattoos I've ever seen (rivalling 'Bankies') if that is supposed to be Jon Snow.