Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Just saw a "Like and share if you love your granny. Ignore if you want grandma to die" picture.

Wtf is wrong with people?!

Respond with "like my post if you think *enter the OP's name*'s granny likes it rough", see which gets more likes.

post-10023-0-82508500-1343079103_thumb.j

:lol:

Holy fucking hell. Seriously?

In other pointless news. I've just had a couple on my newsfeed having a conversation on a FB status about their son's insistence on crying this evening. They are all in the same house, the child is about 6 months old. Fucking ludicrous

Some attention-seeking tart:

Why are guys such liers! And only care about thing! Time to enjoy myself! Lying using idiots!!!!!!!!!! :) someone pass the vodka......

All a bit rich coming from someone who got caught trying to steal her old mates' handbags. Presumably the 'Why are all girls attention-seeking thieves' status will appear once the ol' self-awareness kicks in.

This one is more specific to me, I suspect; but there is a family friend who claims to love animals and owns 2 dogs who constantly posts all these animal rights pictures on facebook. She posts things like gruesome scenes at abattoirs and adds captions like "so u want to eat meat do u", she posted how delighted she was when that abattoir worker in Dumbarton got crushed to death while at work, posts on groups like "ANIMAL FREEDOM FIGHTERS 2k12" with shite like "so proud of u guys keep fightin fox hunting lets show those cruel b*****ds" and so forth.

The hilarious thing is, when sunday dinner at our gran's is on she comes round and has no qualms about eating lamb, steak pie, roast beef, whatever is on, yet on facebook she posts on all these groups as if she's a level 5 vegan (doesn't eat any food that casts a shadow)* and avid animal campaigner, but the reality is she's a lazy hypocrit. I really, really want to pull her up on her bullshit (especially when she posted about the abattoir worker who died, found that galling) but she's batshit insane and I can't be fucked with the aftermath, frankly.

It's especially amusing that she claims to love animals and owns two dogs and a rabbit, yet rarely (if ever) actually takes the poor dogs for walks, and makes her 13-year old daughter do literally almost all the work (cleaning cages, cleaning after the dogs)

*brownie points if you can tell me what show this is from...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

The hilarious thing is, when sunday dinner at our gran's is on she comes round and has no qualms about eating lamb, steak pie, roast beef, whatever is on, yet on facebook she posts on all these groups as if she's a level 5 vegan (doesn't eat any food that casts a shadow)*

*brownie points if you can tell me what show this is from...

One of my favourite Simpson's episodes. Didn't realise you could get brown dots in Pie and Bovril...smile.gif

Your "friend" does sound absolutely mental. I've a few friends like that on Facebook, posting on Rangers, The New World Order etc. Although none of their posts annoy me as much as the "Like this post to stop world hunger". I "liked" one of these images once, then came back a couple of weeks later and reported that people were still dying of hunger .... the resulting opprobrium I received could not have been worse had I been the one scoffing all the third world's food.

A wee guy in third year that's pals with my cousin just came out the closet over facebook. Kicked off with: "Ye know wit...am no even feart tae admit it...am bi?" Yes, with an actual question mark on the end. Got around 300 odd likes. His maw even came on and said something like "We're here fur you no matter wit. And if anyone's got problems way it...drop me a mail?" Thousands of people coming on his page and dropping posts in praise for him. Is this honestly what is happening in the world? He's barely 14. Immediate delete. Although someone from his school that's in 6th year came on and said: "Awryt wee man, well played, just as long as ye don't keek at ma arse, we're sound." Had a wee chuckle at that. But seriously, is this what happens in the world? Jesus wept.

A wee guy in third year that's pals with my cousin just came out the closet over facebook. Kicked off with: "Ye know wit...am no even feart tae admit it...am bi?" Yes, with an actual question mark on the end. Got around 300 odd likes. His maw even came on and said something like "We're here fur you no matter wit. And if anyone's got problems way it...drop me a mail?" Thousands of people coming on his page and dropping posts in praise for him. Is this honestly what is happening in the world? He's barely 14. Immediate delete. Although someone from his school that's in 6th year came on and said: "Awryt wee man, well played, just as long as ye don't keek at ma arse, we're sound." Had a wee chuckle at that. But seriously, is this what happens in the world? Jesus wept.

Sounds like he's gay, but feart tae admit it.

Is there a difference between deactivating an account and deleting it? I'm trying to delete mines because it's pish but when I go to deactivate it I can still sign in with my normal email and password :unsure:

No difference whatsoever I don't think. You'd be as well logging out :lol:

Is there a difference between deactivating an account and deleting it? I'm trying to delete mines because it's pish but when I go to deactivate it I can still sign in with my normal email and password :unsure:

If you go to the help centre and type in delete, the question of how to permanently delete the account comes up. If you click on the link it gives you a form to fill out and once you've done that it deactivates the account for 2 weeks. If you don't reactivate it within 2 weeks it deletes the account. I think if you just deactivate it then you stop receiving notifications for things but you have the option of reactivating it if you want. I wouldn't quote me on that though, I don't even use Facebook. I only know how to delete an account because someone asked me to help them do it recently.

If you go to the help centre and type in delete, the question of how to permanently delete the account comes up. If you click on the link it gives you a form to fill out and once you've done that it deactivates the account for 2 weeks. If you don't reactivate it within 2 weeks it deletes the account. I think if you just deactivate it then you stop receiving notifications for things but you have the option of reactivating it if you want. I wouldn't quote me on that though, I don't even use Facebook. I only know how to delete an account because someone asked me to help them do it recently.

Cheers for that, seems to work.

A shower of shite comments about the Olympics tonight. I've had 4 people saying something along the lines of, "didn't know insert obscure country even existed".

I also have a girl that's convinced we'll make a profit out of the whole thing laugh.gif

Had this one pop up earlier (a wall post from one cousin to another about their younger sister)

[younger sister] just came out with the reason why Africans are all fast runners is due to them not being able to afford the bus so they had to run to school.. My god

I'm not sure what age she is but I'm sure she's 3rd or 4th year so that's like 14/15.