Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Elsewhere in childish culinary distress: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/268815/mums-fury-at-1-bag-of-tesco-alphabet-potato-shapes-lacking-enough-letters-to-spell-her-sons-name/

Nichola was so furious she posted a complaint on Tesco’s Facebook page along with pictures of the letters spelling out ‘ICGAN’.

She wrote: “My son is 4 and learning his letters, I wanted to spell his name, to my shock there wasn’t any Ls or Os but a lot of the repeated letters.

“In the end I improvised by using and I as a L a C as a’O so spelled icgan which obviously wasn’t his name.. he noticed this straight away and I had to explain why. Very disappointed.”

Nichola bought the 500g bag of Crispy Potato Letters from her local Tesco in Dunstable, Bedfordshire.

The mum-of-two, who also has a 14-month-old son Miller, served them up for Logan with chicken nuggets and baked beans.

She said: “It is misleading, why would you sell them as alpha-bites, really they should just be called ‘certain letter bites’.

“It was just lots of repeated letters, a lot of Y’s and a lot of J’s. I had to improvise, which wasn’t really nice.

“When Logan comes home from school he’s always practising his letters.

“So I thought I’d buy some alpha bites and then hopefully we could go through it at the dinner table.
“I thought that’s what most parents do, make it like a fun-time dinner.

“Obviously the person who made these from Tesco can’t have children.

“If you buy them you expect all the letters to be there, that’s why I emptied them all out.

“Apparently it does say on the packet that not all of the letters are in there, but again I don’t see the point in that.”

20 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

She said: “It is misleading, why would you sell them as alpha-bites, really they should just be called ‘certain letter bites’.

:lol:

24 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Elsewhere in childish culinary distress: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/268815/mums-fury-at-1-bag-of-tesco-alphabet-potato-shapes-lacking-enough-letters-to-spell-her-sons-name/

Nichola was so furious she posted a complaint on Tesco’s Facebook page along with pictures of the letters spelling out ‘ICGAN’.

She wrote: “My son is 4 and learning his letters, I wanted to spell his name, to my shock there wasn’t any Ls or Os but a lot of the repeated letters.

“In the end I improvised by using and I as a L a C as a’O so spelled icgan which obviously wasn’t his name.. he noticed this straight away and I had to explain why. Very disappointed.”

Nichola bought the 500g bag of Crispy Potato Letters from her local Tesco in Dunstable, Bedfordshire.

The mum-of-two, who also has a 14-month-old son Miller, served them up for Logan with chicken nuggets and baked beans.

“It was just lots of repeated letters, a lot of Y’s and a lot of J’s. I had to improvise, which wasn’t really nice.

“So I thought I’d buy some alpha bites and then hopefully we could go through it at the dinner table.

“If you buy them you expect all the letters to be there, that’s why I emptied them all out.

“Apparently it does say on the packet that not all of the letters are in there, but again I don’t see the point in that.”

Not sure where to start with this :lol: It's like one of those pisstake articles from the onion.com.

1) She uses potato letters to teach her kid to spell.

2) She expects potato letters to work similiar to scrabble and not just be a random assortment of letters which are easy to make in potato form.

3) She thinks someone who works for Tesco makes them personally.

4) Both her sons have a Surname as a 1st name.

5) She believes the sole point in potato letters are for teaching spelling and not for eating.

P.s.. Can't believe even the Sun would print this, would be bad enough in a local rag.

Edited by irvine_buddie

Point scoring between OF fans about the paedophile/child abuse scandal on Facebook is at an all time high. After the Gordon Neely story broke Celtic fans were sharing the link and tagging all their Rangers friends, then today Jim McCafferty (ex-Celtic) has been arrested so Rangers fans have gleefully returned to the moral high ground.

Just had a Rangers fan who posted “BJK” alongside a big smiley face. He’s been swiftly deleted.

Thank f**k I’m not an OF fan.

Just now, irvine_buddie said:

Not sure where to start with this :lol: It's like one of those pisstake articles from the onion.com.

1) She uses potato letters to teach her kid to spell.

2) She expects potato letters to work similiar to scrabble and not just be a random assortment of letters which are easy to make in potato form.

3) She thinks someone who works for Tesco makes them personally.

4) Both her sons have a Surname as a 1st name.

5) She believes the sole point in potato letters are for teaching spelling and not for eating.

I regularly ate Alphabites (Birds Eye, thank you, none of this own brand shite) as a child and was probably able to spell out my (also five lettered but actually a fore-) name about three times. Aside from facebook not being around then and Maw Sanchez not being a slavering lunatic, I think what depresses me the most about this story is that rather than spell out ICGAN this Mummy didn't have the initiative to just break bits off the other letters like I used to.

28 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was sitting laughing at this yesterday.  Some of the comments were fantastic about how she could have used other letters to spell Logan - cut part of the Q off for example.  

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Nicola couldn't spell out her son's name Logan with the letters given - she improvised but he quickly realised

Cut a hole out of one of the nuggets Nichola you, eh, nugget.

I'm struggling to follow that story, did she attempt to justify her son attacking a McDonald's employee because the employee was gay?

That is the way it reads to me. And it was only attempt to attack

On 06/12/2016 at 11:46, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Once glance at the clientele entering Inverness McDonalds would confirm that Ronald and co certainly don't care how jakey their customers are.

McDonalds are blaming the park benches outside.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Inverness-city-centre-benches-row-rumbles-on-amid-claims-of-further-antisocial-behaviour-06122016.htm

That's surely a wind up? If not, Tim Berners Lee must be rolling in his grave. Its not what he invented the worldwideweb to do.

That Tillydrone thing is insane. "My son tried to beat up a teenage McDonalds employee because he didn't serve him, and my son's scared of him anyway because he's gay, so here's a picture of the teenager in question, presumably so everybody knows to stay clear of him and his scary gay ways, or maybe even to seek retribution for my Happy Meal starved wee angel."

Worth following. Her rants to the local press will be superb when her son gets the jail for kicking someone to death in a few years.