Doctor Who

yoda

Was it ever explained why everybody fucked off when they approached the figure???

On 20/05/2024 at 01:17, Bully Wee Villa said:

The first episodes both had their moments but were undermined by silly, childish endings. I get that it's always supposed to be aimed, at least in part, but a monster made of bogeys and a ship farting itself around the galaxy? FFS. And the less said about the singing, just two episodes after they had loads of singing in the Christmas installment, the better.

The third episode was much more like it, though. It was tense pretty much from the off, and Ncuti and, in particular, Millie were excellent. Also good was Varada Sethu as Mundy Flynn, and I see they've pulled the Clara/Oswin trick of introducing a companion in advance as a different character, again. Be interesting to see how they reconcile that in the narrative later on. (Is there a link between the names "Mundy" and "Sunday"?)

But it is not

These days it is aimed at adults as much as children 

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Was it ever explained why everybody fucked off when they approached the figure???

Nope and RTD has said there’s no plans to expand on that which is fair enough.

Space Babies - very silly and I quite enjoyed it; maybe I had my critical faculties switched off that day.

Devil's Chord - darker, more ambitious; a lot to like about it but I didn't think the denouement really worked.

Boom - a schmaltzy mess, by a distance the weakest so far.

73 Yards - loved it.

I'm really glad I watched the original ones a year or two ago. It's hard to overstate how Ian was central to the show. In many ways he was the star, the main man, whilst the Doctor was often in the periphery (or, even, missing entirely). Very much the leading man. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I'm really glad I watched the original ones a year or two ago. It's hard to overstate how Ian was central to the show. In many ways he was the star, the main man, whilst the Doctor was often in the periphery (or, even, missing entirely). Very much the leading man. 

If I remember correctly this is why Ian was there, to do the heavy lifting while Bill Hartnell was ill. It's a shame the four person team with 13 didn't really work because the original (and Vicki) afterwards are excellent 

I liked this week’s episode. Utter nonsense at points but that’s what the show does well.

It’s not likely but would be good to see Rogue again at some point.

11 hours ago, badgertheeuro24witness said:

A definite Tennant-era feel to this week's effort. Felt I was watching a rushed reworking of the Human Nature/Family of Blood story. Still great fun, though. Gatwick is an excellent Doctor.

His career is really taking off.