Doctor Who

yoda

Just finished the Tennant episodes. 10 minutes into the first Smith one, just no comparison.

I was like this but warmed to Smith eventually. None of his episodes eclipse Tennants best though. And Tennants farewell will likely remain the best "final" episode

I was like this but warmed to Smith eventually. None of his episodes eclipse Tennants best though. And Tennants farewell will likely remain the best "final" episode

As a lifelong Doctor Who fan, this, for me, is the most emotional scene in the history of the programme. You almost feel it's Tennant having second thoughts..

i-don-t-want-to-go-o.gif

I have really grown to like Matt Smith. A really wide range of acting talent in him - he might even be my favourite!

Agreed. Best since at least T Baker, imho. Maybe even the best since Troughton.

As a lifelong Doctor Who fan, this, for me, is the most emotional scene in the history of the programme. You almost feel it's Tennant having second thoughts..

It just made me bowk. The last twenty minutes of Tennant's final episode were the worst twenty minutes of Who, ever. But I can forgive RTD because he did a mostly very good job of bringing the programme back.

Yoss, on 04 Dec 2013 - 17:54, said:

Agreed. Best since at least T Baker, imho. Maybe even the best since Troughton.

It just made me bowk. The last twenty minutes of Tennant's final episode were the worst twenty minutes of Who, ever. But I can forgive RTD because he did a mostly very good job of bringing the programme back.

I refuse to take anyone's opinion on the subject of Doctor Who ever again if they think Matt Smith was one of the best. He's easily been the worst since it started up again. Mon now Yoss, you're better than that.

Pish. Smith is ace. What I like best about him is he even makes the fairly shite episodes watchable. He's weird and alien but still dark and childish at times. Just like a good Doctor should be.

And Fezzes ARE cool.

Wath a film called clone, and you will see what a terribly hammy actor he is. I used to think it was all the writers fault, but to be fair his cartoonish capering and river song spoiled the past few years.

Wath a film called clone, and you will see what a terribly hammy actor he is. I used to think it was all the writers fault, but to be fair his cartoonish capering and river song spoiled the past few years.

Now THERE'S a shout.

River Song has been a fucking awful character, with the "hello sweetie" chat and the pouting. I got sick of the sight of her very quickly.

I hated Clone, it was w**k. Doesn't effect Smith's performance as Doctor though. I hate Tennant in the Virgin adverts but he's still a good Doctor too!

Re: River. The first episode she was in, "Silence in the Library", was excellent. I think she would've been a decent character had they kept her mysterious and had her turn up maybe once a series, for an episode. She appeared way too often though and got tedious very quickly. Plus I wish she'd stop saying

spoilers

Yeah, River went downhill pretty much after silence in the library. thankfully we won't see her again as her "adventure" ended with the 11th Doctor

http://youtu.be/BPVZEQQUnu8

Also i think some people are a bit harsh on Smith. he is a good Doctor, he plays the part very well, I do think the 50th did show how good Tennent really was as The Doctor though.