Mafia Watering Hole

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the deadline's be clashing with Euro 2012?

Interesting point there. It would probably be best if I wait until at least the latter stages of the tournament before starting this thing. Not sure about anyone else, but it's quite possible I'll watch as many games as I can, whilst working most days. I'll leave it to the people that are playing though.

So, leave it until the games are less frequent or get started as soon as possible? Seems I've timed this game when everyone has holidays, and there are major sporting events every other day. I'm already nervous enough for my first time hosting. tongue.gif

Interesting point there. It would probably be best if I wait until at least the latter stages of the tournament before starting this thing. Not sure about anyone else, but it's quite possible I'll watch as many games as I can, whilst working most days. I'll leave it to the people that are playing though.

So, leave it until the games are less frequent or get started as soon as possible? Seems I've timed this game when everyone has holidays, and there are major sporting events every other day. I'm already nervous enough for my first time hosting. tongue.gif

Wise decision. I will be spending the best part of the next month in the pub getting angry that I have wasted all my money on gambling. sad.gif

You could probably throw sign ups over the weekend or early next week and start it on Sunday(24th).

Looking at the BBC, they have the four quarter finals on the 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th. The semis on the 27th and 28th with the final on the 1st of July. All with 19.45 kick offs.

Or you could not since i'm going to the Semi's and want to be involved in my last ever mafia game. smile.gif

Fair enough, just a thought. I don't care when it starts. I just finished one that went 13 days and I survived to the end(lost with 2 players to my 1 sad.gif) so I've had my feed.

Fair enough, just a thought. I don't care when it starts. I just finished one that went 13 days and I survived to the end(lost with 2 players to my 1 sad.gif) so I've had my feed.

I think it's best to wait to the end of the tournament. The knock-out stage's can lead to ET. Don't want people not turning up for vote's because the game has went on longer than expected.

I'll respect the host's decision though.

I think it's best to wait to the end of the tournament. The knock-out stage's can lead to ET. Don't want people not turning up for vote's because the game has went on longer than expected.

I'll respect the host's decision though.

That's probably best, especially with the final on a Sunday and if Saturday doesn't have a deadline then there could be a lot of people missing.

I'm just waiting until after the tournament to start this thing. I've been very engaged with the tournament so far as well so it's likely I would also be preoccupied with the games.

How did the fives go anyway?

I'm just waiting until after the tournament to start this thing. I've been very engaged with the tournament so far as well so it's likely I would also be preoccupied with the games.

If you start the sign-up thread when i'm away (Next Tuesday through Saturday), then please count me in for my last ever mafia game.

Maybe a good idea would be to issue roles and stuff on the night of the final so we're getting off to a Monday start(for a change).

I can tell Forehead's foaming at the mouth for a game since it's probably been 72 hours since he last did anything mafia-y tongue.gif

If you start the sign-up thread when i'm away (Next Tuesday through Saturday), then please count me in for my last ever mafia game.

Maybe a good idea would be to issue roles and stuff on the night of the final so we're getting off to a Monday start(for a change).

I can tell Forehead's foaming at the mouth for a game since it's probably been 72 hours since he last did anything mafia-y tongue.gif

I'll be sure to include your name, daddy. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just home now, which has hindered my plans of getting the sign up thread on earlier tonight. It will be posted when I get up tomorrow morning with a view to start on Tuesday.

Hope a large number of people will sign up for my first hosted game, and a couple of people have already expressed interest so their names will already be down. Any questions about the game can be asked in the sign up thread when it's posted.

Forehead, stick me down for my game I spoke to you about 8)

This new game concept is not for those that lack in will power, and only the toughest mentally stamina wise would be advised signing up

Is that why you are hosting it and not playing? tongue.gif

Archived