6 ---> G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I might give this a bash with a fiver on Ajax(-1) tonight. It's 5/4 on Sky Bet. Considering they beat Dinamo 2-0 away then I think that's a decent price for them at the Amsterdam Arena.

Need to have a wee look and see if I can score some team news though.

edit: didn't realise it was tomorrow night so I might try and get one tonight to get me to £20 before the weekend.

Arsenal are 7/4 for -1 at Ladbrokes. Pretty decent if you ask me.

15/8 on Bet365.

I'll wait closer to kick off but Arsenal, Dortmund and Ajax at (-1) looks good over the two nights, the latter two are at about evens. Man U (-2) is 20/21. Given how Man U beat them 2-0 away with a man sent off, it looks alright.

Right I'm going to do this twice now that I have some cash.

Attempt One

Alloa vs Stranraer @ Evens - Returns £20.00

Attempt Two

Arsenal -1 vs Marseille @ 7/4 - Returns £27.50

I've stuck a tenner on RvP any time goalscorer tonight at 10/11 so I'll take that as a new start to this. After 2 wins though, I'm going to lift my original stake so from then on I'm not really losing anything at all.

Take it im the only one that thinks Arsenal might struggle?

I think they will struggle but ultimately come away with a narrow win, probably by the single goal. Certainly don't share others views on the Gunners (-1). We'retalking about a side who have not kept a clea sheet in their last five domestic matches, but have won 4 of them. Their win in Marseille came via a 90min goal when on reflection a draw would have been the fair reult. It's typical of Arsenal to pull out results though and although a tricy one tonight (the French side have improved lately) I'd still fancy them to sneak it 1-0 or 2-1.

15/8 on Bet365.

I'll wait closer to kick off but Arsenal, Dortmund and Ajax at (-1) looks good over the two nights, the latter two are at about evens. Man U (-2) is 20/21. Given how Man U beat them 2-0 away with a man sent off, it looks alright.

Both United's goals came from the penalty spot, the second in injur time. Would fully expect them to win comfortably but wouldn't be touching (-2) at that price.

Both United's goals came from the penalty spot, the second in injur time. Would fully expect them to win comfortably but wouldn't be touching (-2) at that price.

Just to expand on this slightly; Man Utd have won 5 of their 15 competitive games this season by more than 2 goals. If you take in to account home games only their record is 2 in 6. So cosistent at 33%. You could arguie then that the value price on Man Utd (-2) would be anything above 2/1. Clearly that could be influenced by supensions, injuries etc etc but 20/21 is nowhere near what I'd want.

Just to expand on this slightly; Man Utd have won 5 of their 15 competitive games this season by more than 2 goals. If you take in to account home games only their record is 2 in 6. So cosistent at 33%. You could arguie then that the value price on Man Utd (-2) would be anything above 2/1. Clearly that could be influenced by supensions, injuries etc etc but 20/21 is nowhere near what I'd want.

Not all of their competitive games this season have been at home against Otelul Galati, which is where that logic doesn't hold up.

Not all of their competitive games this season have been at home against Otelul Galati, which is where that logic doesn't hold up.

No clearly not, but both of the home wins by more than two goals came against Spurs and Arsenal. This tells you two things; 1. That United are capable of hammering teams who open out and try to attack, and 2. They struggle to win by more than 2 against teams who sit in and play defensive, damage limitation football in the hope of grabbing a draw of goal on the counter.

Which category do Galati fall under?

There is every chance united will destroy them tomorrow, but if you think 20/21 is good value you're mental.

No clearly not, but both of the home wins by more than two goals came against Spurs and Arsenal. This tells you two things; 1. That United are capable of hammering teams who open out and try to attack, and 2. They struggle to win by more than 2 against teams who sit in and play defensive, damage limitation football in the hope of grabbing a draw of goal on the counter.

Which category do Galati fall under?

There is every chance united will destroy them tomorrow, but if you think 20/21 is good value you're mental.

I never said it was good value. Just saying why your original attempt at explaining why it wasn't good value didn't make much sense.

Galati fall under the descrption of a team who United probably should beat by more than two goals, but have a decent chance of not doing so, due to the reason you gave in this post, rather than the previous one.

I actually agree with you. Under evens for that bet is poor value.

I never said it was good value, I said the bet looked alright. I don't think about the value(as I don't know what's good and what's not), on the face of it I'd expect Man U to win 3 or 4 nil against them.

Archived