6 ---> G

I never said it was good value, I said the bet looked alright. I don't think about the value(as I don't know what's good and what's not), on the face of it I'd expect Man U to win 3 or 4 nil against them.

That's a pretty big flaw to have if you're gambling. ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty big flaw to have if you're gambling. ;)

Well it's not strictly true, but I don't know what's good and bad. Obviously, if I saw that Arsenal were 4/1 to beat Swansea then that's good but when it's close, I'm not sure about the value.

I usually just put on a 4/5 fold of bets I think will happen and the odds calculate themselves.

Right I'm going to do this twice now that I have some cash.

Attempt One

Alloa vs Stranraer @ Evens - Returns £20.00

Attempt Two

Arsenal -1 vs Marseille @ 7/4 - Returns £27.50

Arsenal are going to ruin it already. b*****ds.

Yeah, but as I see this more of a "fun" bet, I'm keeping it all in the same account(Betfred), instead of mixing it up with my more serious betting.

Anyway, just got back from Bratislava after a few days away and found out Man U won. Up to £72, lumped on Stoke tomorrow night at 6/5.

c**t of a bet looking back on it. Went for it despite looking at form, etc, just thinking "well, Stoke are usually decent at home and Newcastle are due to lose sometime". Deserved to lose it.

Still, a decent laugh and will probably give it a go again at some point.

Think I might give this a bash with a fiver on Ajax(-1) tonight. It's 5/4 on Sky Bet. Considering they beat Dinamo 2-0 away then I think that's a decent price for them at the Amsterdam Arena.

Need to have a wee look and see if I can score some team news though.

Still gonna put this on, same as last night, I'll wait until I get confirmation of the line up but can't see my mind being changed.

Seen him make a couple of similar posts in here recently as well. Desperately craving attention on his second account. Poor guy.

Who is it anyway?

Just to expand on this slightly; Man Utd have won 5 of their 15 competitive games this season by more than 2 goals. If you take in to account home games only their record is 2 in 6. So cosistent at 33%. You could arguie then that the value price on Man Utd (-2) would be anything above 2/1. Clearly that could be influenced by supensions, injuries etc etc but 20/21 is nowhere near what I'd want.

Not all of their competitive games this season have been at home against Otelul Galati, which is where that logic doesn't hold up.

No clearly not, but both of the home wins by more than two goals came against Spurs and Arsenal. This tells you two things; 1. That United are capable of hammering teams who open out and try to attack, and 2. They struggle to win by more than 2 against teams who sit in and play defensive, damage limitation football in the hope of grabbing a draw of goal on the counter.

Which category do Galati fall under?

There is every chance united will destroy them tomorrow, but if you think 20/21 is good value you're mental.

I never said it was good value, I said the bet looked alright. I don't think about the value(as I don't know what's good and what's not), on the face of it I'd expect Man U to win 3 or 4 nil against them.

Just saying likes wink.gif

Archived