6 ---> G

Step 3 - Southampton to beat Leicester City. No such thing as a certainly BUT very surprised to see Soton at Evens with a home record of W11-D1-L1 against a team in mid table.

Southampton seem to have been overpriced in recent weeks, I'm assuming because Lambert was suspended. IIRC they were 13/10 two weekends ago and 7/5 last Saturday. Won both games with a bit spare. Although Lambert is a very good player I think Southampton have a bit more about them than a reliance on a single player.

Leicester just haven't yet fulfilled their pre-seson hype and as you've mentioned the Saints home form is excellent, so as even money shots go it's a good bet.

Edit for typos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got Southampton at 2.6 against Forest on Saturday, which I thought was excellent value. Comfortable 3-0 as well.

Yeah i thought that was very good value but went against my better judgement and left it alone. Given Forrest's goal scoring problems this season it did seem on the generous side.

Bet 1 was > 2.5 goals on the Real v Barca game which returned ~£38.

Swithering between Stoke, Sunderland or Cowdenbeath for Bet 2.

Southampton are looking good on Monday night (~evens) if I make it that far!

Anyone any thoughts on the weekends fixtures?

Bet 2: Stoke vs WBA @ 1.95. (£38.18 returns ~£74)

I ended up settling for Stoke as their record against WBA over the years is outstanding!

Good luck everyone! Pint time.

P.s Can anyone confirm what Asian handicap betting is? I read that it is the exact same thing as picking a team to win however the odds are increased?

For example, on Bet365:

Stoke to win @ 10/11 (Normal) vs. Stoke to win -0.5 @ Evens (Asian Handicap)

Please help as I no longer want to miss out on some extra value...

P.s Can anyone confirm what Asian handicap betting is? I read that it is the exact same thing as picking a team to win however the odds are increased?

For example, on Bet365:

I'd confirm with one of the other people but I think (in that case) it would mean that you'd double your money if they win by more than 0.5 goals(so if they win by one). If they just win by 1 then you get your stake back. If they lose or draw you lose your bet. So it's like handicap betting but you don't lose money if they just win and don't win by your handicap.

I'd confirm with one of the other people but I think (in that case) it would mean that you'd double your money if they win by more than 0.5 goals(so if they win by one). If they just win by 1 then you get your stake back. If they lose or draw you lose your bet.

No, that isn't right.

Essentially, Asian handicap takes the draw out of the equation. The odds are adjusted to get a flat book as there are only 2 outcomes instead of 3.

It doesn't matter for -0.5 bets as your team (Stoke in this case) only need to win by 1 goal and the bet is a winner (the adjusted score is a 0.5-0 win to Stoke. The half-goal is irrelevant, it's still a win).

If it was a Stoke (-1) bet then you get your stake back if they only win by 1 goal. The adjusted bet is a draw but since you can't get a draw then the bet basically doesn't count. This is the big difference from normal handicap betting as a 'normal' handicap bet would result in the draw and you lose the bet.

If it was a Stoke (-1.5) then you lose the bet if they only win by 1 goal. The adjusted bet is a 0.5 win for West Brom.

It gets a bit complicated when you take quarter bets. E.g. If you take Stoke (-0.75) and it is a 1-0 win then half your stake goes on the -0.5 and this results in a win but half your stake goes on the -1 and this results in a bogey (draw) - half your stake returned.

Similarly if you take Stoke (-1.25) and the result is a one goal victory to Stoke then half your stake loses at-1.5 (adjusted score is 0.5-0 to WBA) and half your stake is returned at -1 (adjusted score is a draw - bogey).

Essentially, yes, -0.5 is just a better way of getting value on the team to win.

Hope this answers it.

No, that isn't right.

Essentially, Asian handicap takes the draw out of the equation. The odds are adjusted to get a flat book as there are only 2 outcomes instead of 3.

It doesn't matter for -0.5 bets as your team (Stoke in this case) only need to win by 1 goal and the bet is a winner (the adjusted score is a 0.5-0 win to Stoke. The half-goal is irrelevant, it's still a win).

If it was a Stoke (-1) bet then you get your stake back if they only win by 1 goal. The adjusted bet is a draw but since you can't get a draw then the bet basically doesn't count. This is the big difference from normal handicap betting as a 'normal' handicap bet would result in the draw and you lose the bet.

If it was a Stoke (-1.5) then you lose the bet if they only win by 1 goal. The adjusted bet is a 0.5 win for West Brom.

It gets a bit complicated when you take quarter bets. E.g. If you take Stoke (-0.75) and it is a 1-0 win then half your stake goes on the -0.5 and this results in a win but half your stake goes on the -1 and this results in a bogey (draw) - half your stake returned.

Similarly if you take Stoke (-1.25) and the result is a one goal victory to Stoke then half your stake loses at-1.5 (adjusted score is 0.5-0 to WBA) and half your stake is returned at -1 (adjusted score is a draw - bogey).

Essentially, yes, -0.5 is just a better way of getting value on the team to win.

Hope this answers it.

Sorry yeah, got mixed up between 0.5 (his bet) and -1.5(the bet I had on Man City against Wigan which is the time I used it.

Bet 2: Stoke vs WBA @ 1.95. (£38.18 returns ~£74)

I ended up settling for Stoke as their record against WBA over the years is outstanding!

Good luck everyone! Pint time.

For example, on Bet365:

-0.5 on the asian is the same as backing a team to win outright. Bookmakers margins are much less on the asian hence the better value!

No, that isn't right.

Hope this answers it.

Much appreciated Wug. I'll stick with the Asian Handicaps from now on...

I'll more than likely start 6 ---> G again tomorrow with Southampton if Man Utd hold on as I have a small stake on the Manchester double.

Archived