6 ---> G

Ended up getting drawn in to Real Madrid vs Bilbao tonight after getting a sneaky Manchester double up today.

Bet 1: Real Madrid vs Athletico Bilbao (<60 points on the card index @ 13/10 on PP)

I thought this was a good price as Madrid will be on their best behavior following Wednesday's shambolic display. I'm hoping for a comfortable home win and as little resistance as possible from Bilbao. Winnings will go on Southampton tomorrow if successful. Not sure that I will find evens anywhere as I have left it late...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up getting drawn in to Real Madrid vs Bilbao tonight after getting a sneaky Manchester double up today.

Bet 1: Real Madrid vs Athletico Bilbao (<60 points on the card index @ 13/10 on PP)

I thought this was a good price as Madrid will be on their best behavior following Wednesday's shambolic display. I'm hoping for a comfortable home win and as little resistance as possible from Bilbao. Winnings will go on Southampton tomorrow if successful. Not sure that I will find evens anywhere as I have left it late...

I think that's an awful logic, and am doubtful it will be successful.

5 yellows and a red...............with Spanish refs 'anything' can happen.:blink:

I never managed to watch the game so can't begin to comment. Obv the red card completely stumped my chances, without the sending off it would have only been 50 points :( Real managed to get 3 players booked which suggests the game was tougher than the scoreline suggests. Until next time...

Good luck to all those backing Southampton.

I never managed to watch the game so can't begin to comment. Obv the red card completely stumped my chances, without the sending off it would have only been 50 points :( Real managed to get 3 players booked which suggests the game was tougher than the scoreline suggests. Until next time...

Good luck to all those backing Southampton.

They apparently played shit in the first half. Got a penalty right after the break to equalise. They a nice bit of play put Marcelo(I think) through and he got chopped, last man(if the ref had played on Benzema would've scored) but he blew for another penalty and Bilbao got a man sent off. Ronaldo stuck the other penalty away.

Took a nice profit for Man Utd yesterday so I'll put some of that on this again. £30 as it rounds the profit down to the nearest ton ;)

Hardly earth breaking logic here but I'm all over Southampton (10/11) at home to Leicester.

Southampton have lost one game at home all season, an uncharacteristic 1-0 defeat to Bristol City. They have averaged 2.31 goals per game, the highest in a very competitive Championship. They have also kept a clean sheet in 46% of their home games. Current home form reads 4-1-1 with F11 A5. They have the incentive of a win taking them back to the top of the league. Ricky Lambert should also return from a three game ban.

Leicester are sitting mid-table after pre-season expectations haven't quite been met. They haven't beat a top six side away from hoe this season, have conceded 10 goals in their last six away games and will be missing a key player in centre half Bamba who is on African Nations duty. They have however scored in their last 10 games home and away and i could see them grabbing a goal tonight. Their away form reads 2-1-2 F10 A10.

I would have priced Southampton at circa 1.70 so 1.91 is very good value in my opinion.

£30 on Southampton to win.

£5 on Southampton to win 2-1.

• 2 months later...

Right, started this last night.

Top of the league Shamorock Rovers (-1) to beat bottom of the league Bohemians. £20, a 93rd minute second goal and a LOT of relieved swear words returned £45.

I like the Barca (-2) route when they are at home, tonight they are a home to an obviously talented but what has to be a knackered Athletico Bilbao side at 9pm, just 48 hours after playing a massively fast paced match in Germany.....4/5 isn't a great price for any team (-2) so i'm torn between this and Celtic (-1) at home to the Saintess tomorrow....EVENS

I certainly wouldn't be taking the Barca bet at that price, Bilbao are a very good side and I think they'll give Barcelona a game tonight. Celtic wouldn't appeal to me at that price either but if you're certain you want to back one of those two it's definitely a better bet than Barca IMO.

I wouldn't touch any team -2 at 4/5. Barcelona or not. Bilbao are no mugs and could easily score tonight., could Barca respond with four? Possibly, but 4/5 is poor value in truth, in fact I'm tempted to lay them at that price.

Not sure if it's finished or not but did Barcelona not need a last minute winner to see Bilbao off in Basque country? I can't recall who the manager is but I'm pretty sure the Bilbao manager knows how to play against Barcelona. I seem to recall fuerodejuego saying something about Guardiola being taught by that manager(Bielsa is coming to mind) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was tight.

Not sure if it's finished or not but did Barcelona not need a last minute winner to see Bilbao off in Basque country? I can't recall who the manager is but I'm pretty sure the Bilbao manager knows how to play against Barcelona. I seem to recall fuerodejuego saying something about Guardiola being taught by that manager(Bielsa is coming to mind) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was tight.

1-0 42 mins

In reality, I stuck it on both teams to score in the Blackpool - Southampton match after 15 minutes at EVENS just before before Saints got their penalty and missed it. so that's me fecked for another week, so oh well. win some, lose some.......try again next week.

Archived