A great feeling at Cappielow..

This is absolute shite. Neither have the vast, vast majority of Morton fans. You've been asked all season to produce evidence to the contrary, and have failed to do so each and every time.

:lol:

Good God.

What, I mean seriously what, the Hell is this one on about?

Good God.

Hmmm, new member ??

Foxbarton or McKee I wonder ? Possibly a V.T. alias maybe ? 8):lol:

Mr McKee - the boy of the pee ! lol.. It's true ... shite does float back to the top ;)

Edited by GreenockRover

Good God.

Post the evidence of all the Morton fans you speak of. Shouldn't be too hard a task, seeing as you're posting in the thread where it is reputedly rife.

Edited by Horoz

1. Of course it's not. However, too many people think that as soon as Dougie leaves that Morton will become some sort of unstoppable force in Europe. This division is home to teams like Thistle, Accies, Falkirk, Dundee, etc who are as big, if not bigger than Morton Football Club; not teams like East Stirling and Montrose. Someone has to take 8th place. Every team goes through good spells and bad spells in their history. Our time will come and not necessarily as soon as Rae hands the club over. People want instant success and don't stop to think about where we were as little as 10 years ago. God forbid we got to the SPL - there'd be about 20 of us at Cappielow every week. DDF is the reason our commercial department is almost non existent and other such things; he's not the reason for our on-pitch failures.

2. Well, again, no ... but he's never actually said that. The furore over his comments about banning the abusive twats from Cappielow was taken to mean everyone who dared to criticise the team even though it's not what he said, and this caused him to backtrack a bit yesterday when he really shouldn't have had to. Dougie wants Morton to be successful and Morton can only be successful by having the best players and the best players don't want to come and play for a team that has fans which abuse and boo their own players (and by that I don't mean a collective boo after heavy defeats, I mean the shocking booing of the likes of Paul Di Giacomo yesterday and Colin Stewart earlier in the season). Of course that's not the sole reason, but it's a contributive factor whether you want to believe it or not.

I didn't think his comments yesterday were backtracking; I thought it was another sly dig at fans who are still turning up every week. His emphasis on thanking the "loyal, hardcore supporters" sounded to me like a suggestion that only some of us are loyal supporters.

Yeah, a few fans have easily forgotten how fucked we were 12 years ago, and we should always be grateful to Rae for saving us then; without him we would have been liquidated, simple as that. However we've got to the stage now where he is actively driving fans away from Cappielow with his attitude towards the support. I'm hardly going to be turning up outside Cappielow to protest against him, but I do think it's time for him to step back and let his son take over. We can't continue like this forever; we're over a million pounds in debt to him and the sooner the club starts living within it's means the better. Due to our utter commercial incompetence and his inability to budget realistically, I strongly doubt we'll ever be breaking even under Dougie Rae, and that's a bigger issue than anything that's happening on the pitch.

Is there anything more embarrassing than seeing some fandan getting so wound up on the internet that they demand evidence from another to hopefully prove their point.

Find it and post it yourself, ya fanny!

Eh... his claim is that hardly any of those posts exist, therefore he wouldn't be able to find the posts to prove his point. wacko.gif

Is there anything more embarrassing than seeing some fandan getting so wound up on the internet that they demand evidence from another to hopefully prove their point.

Find it and post it yourself, ya fanny!

1eye.gif

Eh... his claim is that hardly any of those posts exist, therefore he wouldn't be able to find the posts to prove his point. wacko.gif

Could he not post the amount of posts bigging up QotS in comparison to the apparent lack of posts bigging up Morton's chances, like?

Asking for evidence when clearly wound up by someone on the internet is almost as cringeworthy as peeing yourself and posting the evidence for all to see on the WWW.

Ross County aside, every fucking team had a shitey season! So some Morton fans got a bit excited in September...big deal.4 more wins we would have been third, three less we would have gone down. It's tight as hell in this league. It would seem that every twat on here is using this thread to excuse their own team's dire campaign. Sure there was a little bit of hubris but it was snuffed out before Autumn got going. Give it a rest you fucking bells.

Could he not post the amount of posts bigging up QotS in comparison to the apparent lack of posts bigging up Morton's chances, like?

Asking for evidence when clearly wound up by someone on the internet is almost as cringeworthy as peeing yourself and posting the evidence for all to see on the WWW.

nice backtrack. 1eye.gif

As requested, queens fans brushing off the thought of relegation after a quick look in the predictions thread. I'd find more if a bothered to have a proper search of the forum. So arrogant, eh Monkey Tennis. Now let's see the multitude of posts from Morton posters, proclaiming we'd win the league.

We do have a squad.

Anyway, I see we are favourites to go down, which seems very bizarre. We will finish fourth again.

must admit have found amusing that so many posts have put queen of the south either 9th 10th and playoff winners?when we have been in first div for what 10 years now apart from a couple of dodgy season,we have not been looking nothing like relegation for years.im sure we will be in usual top 5 again this season,i think everyone is placing us qiute low down as they are more worried about their own team this season.mon the south.

Ayr, Falkirk and possibly Livi. Don't think they'll be much between us, Partick and Raith either.

We certainly don't have as much creativity in the midfield as previous seasons now we have lost McLaren and Quinn, other than that I am content with what we have assembled so far. Obviously players to come in but there are two full weeks of preseason before the action starts.

You can say Morton have signed two strikers and this improves them, but at the same time they have lost their most important player IMO. It's the same for other teams as well, Queens included, we have strengthened in the managerial position. As well as stayed similar at centre half, lack creativity in midfield currently and need a strike partner for Kevin Smith.

Time will tell.

Once signings are finished, I dont think our first 11 will be that much, if any, weaker than this season.

Nope, 90% of our players were involved at the top end of this division last year so I am not too worried.

Behave yourself. We will not be looking at relegation or the play-offs. We may have a smaller budget than last season but the good thing there are other teams are in a similar position.

Horoz is probably rapey mcpeepee. Damn aliases mean I can't put the wee gnaff on ignore......

Anyway hands up if you put five past Greenock's finest :P

I believe amongst Morton fans the response to the following post is,

Ross County aside, every fucking team had a shitey season! So some Morton fans got a bit excited in September...big deal.4 more wins we would have been third, three less we would have gone down. It's tight as hell in this league. It would seem that every twat on here is using this thread to excuse their own team's dire campaign. Sure there was a little bit of hubris but it was snuffed out before Autumn got going. Give it a rest you fucking bells.

^^^^^^^ verge of tears

nice backtrack. 1eye.gif

As requested, queens fans brushing off the thought of relegation after a quick look in the predictions thread. I'd find more if a bothered to have a proper search of the forum. So arrogant, eh Monkey Tennis. Now let's see the multitude of posts from Morton posters, proclaiming we'd win the league.

Backtrack? Ok then!

Nice to see you heed my advice though. If you were as good at staying dry as you are at doing what I tell you, you might not be the laughing stock of P&B.

Backtrack? Ok then!

Nice to see you heed my advice though. If you were as good at staying dry as you are at doing what I tell you, you might not be the laughing stock of P&B.

That's exactly what it was, yes. Jumped in with two feet and made an absolute tit of yourself. Reading before posting is usually a sound policy tbh. You should think about adopting it.

nice backtrack. 1eye.gif

Why on Earth would you get so defensive over this?

Of course lots of fans (Queens ones included) made relatively optimistic predictions which turned out to be inaccurate.

What made the Morton situation funny was that a couple of individual threads were dedicated to this optimism, just before their season took a nosedive. Such threads (particularly this one) thereafter provided some of us with plenty of mileage for juvenile goading.

That's all mate - really, that's all. It turned out that Morton had a pretty rotten season that was considerably better than ours.

Now away and calm down while being grateful that you'll remain in a forum next year where such threads can launch and flourish.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Really surprised that McKee has gone down the multiple alias route tbh. How sad.

Inclined to agree with you, TBH. McKee's better than this new- identity-in-an-attempt-to-escape-the-past nonsense. Such behavior is entering the realm of the multi-alias oddball Livi fan, and McKee, who I believe to be a good poster and forum character, doesn't need to go there.

IMO.