A great feeling at Cappielow..

Whenever Morton go down it'll be like putting the old family dog down. Sure it gave us some laughs over the years and some nice memories but putting it out of it's misery is the kindest thing to do really. It'll be sad without them.

Rather have GMFC than the crowd replacing them!!

I wonder what Dougie Wonka will do now his one decent opportunity to get someone else's cash to pay the bills via next season's league programme has been pished down the drain?

How much would it take to buy him off the pot?

I wonder what Dougie Wonka will do now his one decent opportunity to get someone else's cash to pay the bills via next season's league programme has been pished down the drain?

How much would it take to buy him off the pot?

Old Father Time is the most likely force towards that. The bizarre scenario peddled has been that losing Sevco etc. hurts the club - for Morton, it actually doesn't. The club is already running a hopeless, unattainable loss to Golden Casket - £320k in 2012/13 - dropping out of the Championship just leads to a greater, equally unattainable loss to Golden Casket. No matter what happens, that money is simply not returning to Rae's parent company. His company loses out; not the club. Golden Casket will never be able to sell the club for the value of its loans (£2 million), and won't be able to increase its asking price even as their loans increase year after year. The realistic asking price was established by market forces, years ago.

Which given the already pleasing levels of excitement about going to Forfar, Brechin, Stranraer etc. away next season, and Rae's 100% culpability in the result of this campaign, does not seem to me a major burden to be suffered by the fans. The club is relegated, yet the chairman is at fault, and it's far worse, and far more likely to discredit Rae than diminish the fan-base, and only one of the two is vital to creating a viable strategy for the future. I ultimately reckon relegation has killed Rae's credibility; he can run the club under distinct protest; he can never again represent a positive vision. His era is over in an extraordinary whimper: within 12 months of a potential high, title-success from which he could bow out as a benevolent figure, regardless of his many failures a realistic legend of the area. It's a bizarre twelve-month, manager-sacking, Celtic-beating chapter that will ultimately require a great deal of explanation.

At best we'll put together a competent squad underneath Shiels to storm League One at the first time of asking, at worst, the financial issues will hit in a death-implosion that would temporarily lead to administration and another spell in League Two if not the Lowland League. Which in terms of away days and general experiences, I would not complain about, so long as the club survived.

Old Father Time is the most likely force towards that. The bizarre scenario peddled has been that losing Sevco etc. hurts the club - for Morton, it actually doesn't. The club is already running a hopeless, unattainable loss to Golden Casket - £320k in 2012/13 - dropping out of the Championship just leads to a greater, equally unattainable loss to Golden Casket. No matter what happens, that money is simply not returning to Rae's parent company. His company loses out; not the club. Golden Casket will never be able to sell the club for the value of its loans (£2 million), and won't be able to increase its asking price even as their loans increase year after year. The realistic asking price was established by market forces, years ago.

Which given the already pleasing levels of excitement about going to Forfar, Brechin, Stranraer etc. away next season, and Rae's 100% culpability in the result of this campaign, does not seem to me a major burden to be suffered by the fans. The club is relegated, yet the chairman is at fault, and it's far worse, and far more likely to discredit Rae than diminish the fan-base, and only one of the two is vital to creating a viable strategy for the future. I ultimately reckon relegation has killed Rae's credibility; he can run the club under distinct protest; he can never again represent a positive vision. His era is over in an extraordinary whimper: within 12 months of a potential high, title-success from which he could bow out as a benevolent figure, regardless of his many failures a realistic legend of the area. It's a bizarre twelve-month, manager-sacking, Celtic-beating chapter that will ultimately require a great deal of explanation.

At best we'll put together a competent squad underneath Shiels to storm League One at the first time of asking, at worst, the financial issues will hit in a death-implosion that would temporarily lead to administration and another spell in League Two if not the Lowland League. Which in terms of away days and general experiences, I would not complain about, so long as the club survived.

post-25521-0-26308200-1394966548_thumb.j

All very sensible, but I love how you just ignore the evidence of the shit you were arrogantly offering before.

Has Shiels had any impact at all? They looked worse than they did under Moore.

That is his impact. An utterly clueless manager

" competent squad in league 1 under Shiels " you talk about . My daughter couldn't put a worse team together than either Moore or Shiels. In fact , there is evidence that Morton were better under Moore than Shiels . League 1 is awful but I wouldn't bank on you coming straight back up . Don't know the stats off hand but Morton's results must be about the worst in history for the second tier.

[quote name="vikingTON" post="8239552" timestamp="1394946837"

Which given the already pleasing levels of excitement about going to Forfar, Brechin, Stranraer etc. away next season, and Rae's 100% culpability in the result of this campaign, does not seem to me a major burden to be suffered by the fans.

This from the guy who wanted the Seaside League teams to be cast aside like a broken toy, just about a year or so ago.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming, VT. Where would you be playing next season if your earlier wish had came true?

Don't know the stats off hand but Morton's results must be about the worst in history for the second tier.

For the second time on this thread I'll take the chance to point out you know the stats fine well and you also know Morton's stats are not the worst in history for second tier.

Sheils will get 5 months of next season to get morton going again . Getting relagated will cost the club 500 k in the long run

Get rid of all the big time charlies and start again

In my view I would get shot of sheils as well and get a young hungry manager . Do u think the club will go part time