A great feeling at Cappielow..

First thing that wee Douglas should do before he returns to the diddy league is to remember how he voted at the time of league reconstruction. Then he should think of what he is going to say now to the teams he considered too unimportant to be concerned for their future. Well, well well, how the thought to be mighty have fallen.

Your directors don't like him - nothing new there. They drink heartily in the Norseman before they drag themselves in for their obligatory drink with Dougie.

I'm sure if Dougie asks nicely, we'll send a team of reserves through to Greenock for a pre-season friendly in the summer. Who knows, maybe a box-office friendly might be what's needed to get the locals interested in their team again, not to mention raise some valuable funds to help with next season's title push.

FTFY.

It's a new adjective - Mortonified. To be so incredibly bad it's beyond embarrassed, it's beyond mortification to the point of Mortonification.

I have looked in my brand spanking new dictionary for this term and yes , "Mortonified" is the latest entry.

Morton's results in the second tier have been the worst I have ever seen. Eclipsing such seasoned Championship/First Division campaigners such as Stirling Albion, Arbroath , Brechin and Stranraer.

Well now, Hammer I'm all for a bit of Morton baiting when the opportunity arises but that's just plainly not true is it?

What were the worst results you ever saw in the second tier? It certainly wasn't this season's Morton!

The human mind is a wonderful thing, capable of great thoughts and imagination.

It also has that ability to completely block out traumatic events so that it is as if they had never happened.

I would postulate that this is what has happened to JRS here ( Assuming SD is referring to 81/82 )

It also has that ability to completely block out traumatic events so that it is as if they had never happened.

I would postulate that this is what has happened to JRS here ( Assuming SD is referring to 81/82 )

Would 88/89 not run it close?

Would 88/89 not run it close?

I was referring to 88-89 which is as far as I'm aware the worst record anyone has ever posted in the second tier. Clydebank ran it close at some point though.

I can't believe Morton are that fucked.

Good squad of players, great manager and good support.

Mental that they can knock Celtic out the Cup and go down to fizzy pop 2 after challenging for the title last season. The financial implications of missing Rangers also will be huge.

What happened in 88-89 that Clydebank's one win all season ran close?

We had two wins all season (39 game season) and one of those was rescinded in effect by a later 2 point deduction for fielding an ineligible player!

We made it to 10 points eventually (2 wins, 8 draws, 29 losses and 2 pts deducted). It was a record low total for the division.

Clydebank got 10 points in 99/00 (1 win 7 draws) but that was a 36 game season. We got the same points, albeit courtesy of a two point deduction, from three games more.